Ninkovich Suspended 4 Games for PED Violation

This seems like a clear case of a guy trying to hang on and come back to quick. He knows the deal and knows this roster and particularly position is pretty deep. Tough to get mad at him, if that's the case, but it's no excuse.

ugh. glad he didn't try to bs his way though it, but i do not get why guys don't have every single thing tested before they take it. it's 100% on them to do that!!

This seems like a clear case of a guy trying to hang on and come back to quick. He knows the deal and knows this roster and particularly position is pretty deep. Tough to get mad at him, if that's the case, but it's no excuse.

Again, the drug test was taken in midsummer, BEFORE the injury.

Im not buying that he is "innocent" at all. It still could have been a case of just wanting another year of solid production. Especially with Sheard, Long and Flowers already here. He deserves what he got.

Im not buying that he is "innocent" at all. It still could have been a case of just wanting another year of solid production. Especially with Sheard, Long and Flowers already here. He deserves what he got.

have-you-seen-my-tin-foil-hat.png

...Shhh!, people don't want to have to think for themselves. :coffee:

I was told it was an OTC product from GNC. He should have it tested and then sue them if there's something in there not listed or not disclosed as performance enhancing.

Not only that but he says the banned ingredient was not on the product's list of ingredients.

I agree he should sue the company.

On another note, LeVeon Bell misses multiple testings and gets his 4 games reduced to 3 on appeal. #Integrity

Nink should also appeal imo after having the product tested for the banned substance.

Oh, okay. Do you work at 345? I mean, that's the kind of logic that they use on a regular basis, so you would fit in well there.

:coffee:

Not only that but he says the banned ingredient was not on the product's list of ingredients.

On another note, LeVeon Bell misses multiple testings and gets his 4 games reduced to 3 on appeal. #Integrity

Nink should also appeal imo after having the product tested for the banned substance.

the "over the counter" excuse has become commonplace in the failed drug test game. the NFL wont release what substance he was caught for and nink knows it.

i doubt we see him outing the product because most likely he was not caught for "otc" performance enhancers.

just because the NFL wont release what he was caught for, NINK knows and has documentation(letter from league/something) of what he was caught taking and i dont see him releasing it. Players always hide behind the league wont release it smokescreen so its kinda hard to believe the OTC excuse.

3 questions rob
1. what exactly were you caught using?
2. can you document the answer to 1?
3. what otc was it?

answer those 3 and i will take you seriously, otherwise you just sound like a 100 other drug cheats before you...

the "over the counter" excuse has become commonplace in the failed drug test game. the NFL wont release what substance he was caught for and nink knows it.

i doubt we see him outing the product because most likely he was not caught for "otc" performance enhancers.

just because the NFL wont release what he was caught for, NINK knows and has documentation(letter from league/something) of what he was caught taking and i dont see him releasing it. Players always hide behind the league wont release it smokescreen so its kinda hard to believe the OTC excuse.

3 questions rob
3. what otc was it?

answer those 3 and i will take you seriously, otherwise you just sound like a 100 other drug cheats before you...
America, land where the NFL rules and everyone believes what that say, guilty or not.

How's that worked out for you so far?

So.......can we expect a press conference where Bill Belichick gets to explore a new aspect of science?

Now, I'm not trying to say I'm an expert in chemistry like Dr. Herbert West was in Reanimator....

Sign me up.

Doesn't matter much where he bought the substance, when he took it, or if it was on the label. We have seen multiple times in football, cycling, tennis, baseball, that athletes have fallen victim to a poor label or simply not being aware of what they were taking. Bottom line, they need to know what they are putting in their body.

Doesn't matter much where he bought the substance, when he took it, or if it was on the label. We have seen multiple times in football, cycling, tennis, baseball, that athletes have fallen victim to a poor label or simply not being aware of what they were taking. Bottom line, they need to know what they are putting in their body.

Yep, its true. A ton of players don't get popped so really no excuse. He is not making any excuses about it and took responsibility, but yeah these guys have every access to know what they are taking and what they cannot take.

I mean, I agree with that. But to know what you're putting in your body, you read the label and the listed ingredients. If it's not there, it's not there. So then what? Everything you buy, do you have to take it to a lab to have it analyzed?

The thing is that most of these substances that are bought OTC in supplements and protein mixes shouldn't be banned anyway. It's ridiculous. They're not physician-prescribed enhancers or steroids. It's an antiquated prohibition by the NFL.

Which is virtually impossible for anybody that takes any sort of supplement. You can't trust that the ingredients on the label are 100% accurate even if you know what to look for.

But, you're right. He needs to take his medicine. So to speak.

3 questions rob
3. what otc was it?

Maybe, but also know there are a ton of otc items that do contain banned substances from the NFL, so you know, it could have happened that way too. As the Jets guy said, its not excuse, but then he is not making any.

Doesn't matter much where he bought the substance, when he took it, or if it was on the label.

It does if you're answering the argument that his recent injury means it's more likely he took it deliberately and is therefore lying.

It does if you're answering the argument that his recent injury means it's more likely he took it deliberately and is therefore lying.

Again, this test was in July, before the injury

Yeah, the NFL has never leaked anything to stitch up a Patriots player.

Back