Ocean, Pond or Pool

pick your favorite

• Total voters
I am the opposite..I can tread water and float for hours and hours. And this was before I had teh bewbs, pervs. I used to nap while I was floating. lol.

I have never been able to figure out how people cannot float?:shrug:

Fat is less dense than water so I float really well :). Muscle is more dense than water and makes you sink.

Anyone tried swimming in the dead sea? It's like trying to sit down in a trampoline. you just can't sink no matter how hard you try. Very odd. Oh, and you can only stay in about twenty min or you dehydrate by osmosis!!!

Lakes or ponds are nice, and you can't go wrong with a pool either. The one time I was in the ocean was in Cancun, so you really cannot top that. Rivers though? I live on the Mississippi---so there's no frappin way you can get me to swim in that crap!
Posted via Mobile Device

Lakes or ponds are nice, and you can't go wrong with a pool either. The one time I was in the ocean was in Cancun, so you really cannot top that. Rivers though? I live on the Mississippi---so there's no frappin way you can get me to swim in that crap!
Posted via Mobile Device
Eww, big difference.

Everyone pees in the pool. Those who deny it are bit fat fibbers.

:)
I pee in natural waters- I figure if it's good enough for fish :shrug:

But not in a pool! Maybe when I was a kid. Never now!!!

I pee in natural waters- I figure if it's good enough for fish :shrug:

But not in a pool! Maybe when I was a kid. Never now!!!

Alrighty then. Let's make it a more accurate statement:

Everybody has peed in a pool at one time or another.

:toast:

Posted via Mobile Device
Once?!?! You've been in the ocean once? Omfg. When I was in cancun they had sea lice so we couldn't swim in it. Once? I seriously feel bad for you bro.
Posted via Mobile Device

girl-on-girl

oh wait... wrong thread.

Oceans are for watching and exploring shore life, and I'll take a rocky shore to a beach except in the tropics - sand sucks. Pools suck horrifically, but still beat small lakes and ponds, which are yucky and useless except for kids fishing.

Big lakes FTMFingW, for swimming, boating, some fishing. Refreshing but not too cold. Can't waterski worth a crap anyplace else, and you're free from leeches, most slimy stuff, and slithery things. Winnepausaukee absolutely rocks, 'cepting it's now overdeveloped and boat traffic is insane. Other major area lakes are very solid.

Moosehead Lake in Maine is a big win, and Smith Mountain Lake near Roanoke Virginia is outstanding - not to mention it was originally stocked with fresh water stripers that have since bred naturally - though in late summer the water is too warm for my taste. That is a man-made lake, just amazing for fishing because they just dammed up a valley, so the whole bottom of the lake is a still-standing, slowly rotting forest for teh fishies to live and hide in. Neat diving, too, but you have to be careful with that.
Posted via Mobile Device

When I was in cancun they had sea lice so we couldn't swim in it.
When we we at the hospital in St. Lucia, there was an island maybe 3/4 mile out from the beach at Vieux Fort and my brother decided to swim there. He made it, rested, and started back. About halfway back he got hit by a swarm of sea lice. He said his skin felt like it was on fire, and he nearly drowned in his panic to try and figure out what was going on.

Oddly enough, from best we could tell at about the same time I was walking the same beach with the newly dubbed Mrs. W., and suddenly my foot was in tremendous pain and began swelling up almost immediately. I looked down to find that a jellyfish had washed in on a wave, gotten stuck on the velcro of my Teva, and panicked, stinging me repeatedly.

I peed on my foot, and remarkably, that actually works!

Also, this was Christmas Day. Great Christmas, if a little untraditional. At Christmas Mass, a gecko oerched itself right on the front of the tabernacle behind the alter. Despite his obvious intent, he was denied Holy Communion on the grounds that he hadn't yet had his first Reconciliation.

Also, we slept across from the hospital morgue (marked by the sign reading "Dead People Room") and under the operating room. When in our room, we'd occasionally hear small metal objects clatter to the floor and then retrieved, and discuss how much we hoped they sterilzed that implement before plunging it back into the patients innards.

Strange Christmas, indeed.

Wait, what were we talking about?
Posted via Mobile Device

what are you talking about...Ocean is the beach
From the olde English children's ballad "The Elfin Knight" (and much much later "Are You Going to Scarborough Faire?")

Tell him to buy me an acre of land
Between the salt water and the sea sand...

You just never know when an obscure literary reference can be squeezed into the conversation.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back