Odds for Superbowl XLIII

Denism

Conas ata t?
Reaction score
I suppose ye guys have had these for a while but i thought it was worth posting :)

To win the S/B

New England Patriots 17/5
Indianapolis Colts 7/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/2
San Diego Chargers 8/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 14/1
New York Giants 19/1
Minnesota Vikings 20/1
Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
Green Bay Packers 23/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 80/1

Why are the defending champs 19/1?? Dont think ive ever seen a defending champion be so high odds for the following season!

To Win AFC Conference:

New England Patriots 17/10
Indianapolis Colts 9/2
San Diego Chargers 5/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 29/2

To Win NFC Conference:

Dallas Cowboys 57/20
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
Minnesota Vikings 9/1
New York Giants 9/1

I suppose ye guys have had these for a while but i thought it was worth posting :)

To win the S/B

Indianapolis Colts 7/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/2
San Diego Chargers 8/1
New York Giants 19/1
Minnesota Vikings 20/1
Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
Green Bay Packers 23/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 80/1

Why are the defending champs 19/1?? Dont think ive ever seen a defending champion be so high odds for the following season!

To Win AFC Conference:

Indianapolis Colts 9/2
San Diego Chargers 5/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 29/2

To Win NFC Conference:

Dallas Cowboys 57/20
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
Minnesota Vikings 9/1
New York Giants 9/1

Well atleast someone agrees with me that the Jags are top 4 in the AFC:harumph:

So that Pats have 1.7/1 odds of winning the AFC? Thats remarkable. Talk about a heavy, heavy favorite. I guess a lot of people are believing BB will trample the dead after last year's disaster.

Think of it this way, if the Pats had won the game that shall not be mentioned, the media would only be talking about 2 things.

1) When or would the Patriots lose again. I'm sure if they had won the press would be building them up, our heads would explode, and people would be looking at our schedule trying to predict how long the win streak would last.

2) Did they win by cheating. We will always hear that, not matter what the outcome is from now on.

The Chargers are much better than the Colts.

Jeez-not_agaian.jpg

EPIC.FAIL.

I think they are 19-1 because they started off really cold and finished really hot....teams can also flop. How many times do you see a team in the NFL win or finish second for a SB and then flop the next year. It really is quite frequent.

I think they are 19-1 because they started off really cold and finished really hot....teams can also flop. How many times do you see a team in the NFL win or finish second for a SB and then flop the next year. It really is quite frequent.

So what? Often, the tam that flops the next year was sort of a flukey SB participant in the first place.

Look at the Bears. Their QB was Rex Freaking Grossman. No one expected them to win that game and no one could have been surprised when they didn't.

The Seahawks and Eagles before them were solid but not great teams.

The Pats, by contrast, were by far the best team in the NFL last season and were upset losers in that game. That teams like the Bears faded away has NO bearing whatsoever on a team as loaded as NE.

To win the S/B

Indianapolis Colts 7/1
Dallas Cowboys 15/2
San Diego Chargers 8/1
New York Giants 19/1
Minnesota Vikings 20/1
Philadelphia Eagles 20/1
Green Bay Packers 23/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1
Kansas City Chiefs 80/1

To Win AFC Conference:

Indianapolis Colts 9/2
San Diego Chargers 5/1
Jacksonville Jaguars 8/1
Pittsburgh Steelers 29/2

To Win NFC Conference:

Dallas Cowboys 57/20
Philadelphia Eagles 8/1
Minnesota Vikings 9/1
New York Giants 9/1

Interesting. New England is only twice as likely as Indy (per the oddsmakers) to win the SB, but five times more likely to win the AFC.

Interesting. New England is only twice as likely as Indy (per the oddsmakers) to win the SB, but five times more likely to win the AFC.

Good Spot tmack,

Only reason i can think for that is cos of maybe what happened last season, Indy will have to meet SD before they will meet The Pats

I love the odds on SD, Green Bay, and Philly. I think I might take some of that action.

Back