Official 2010 Nascar Thread

<<
Kasey Kahne, the hottest potential free agent in NASCAR entering this season, has signed a multiyear agreement to join Hendrick Motorsports.
>>

Wow what a change but it doesn't surprise me. My friend who works for whatever Gillette Evernham has turned into told the the owner that bought them out has let go many of their employees and has either replaced them with his own people or just downsized them out of a job. When he showed me around their shops a couple years ago everyone was really happy and lovin' life, these days they are all just wondering when they'll be fired.

Kasey leaving is probably a death knell for a lot of the remaining former Evernham employees.

I'm trying to remember who said on here long ago that Kahne winds up at Hendrick? Oh yeah that was me. ROFL The second part to my hope/prediction was that Evernham joins him there as his crew chief. Ray has said he want's to come back into the Cup and would be willing to do it as a crew chief for an experienced driver. Well guess what Ray you just got your driver and have over a year to get ready. If this happens they will rival Johnson's team.

I think there is too much history with Ray and Rick to have him be one of his crew chiefs again

I'm trying to remember who said on here long ago that Kahne winds up at Hendrick? Oh yeah that was me. ROFL The second part to my hope/prediction was that Evernham joins him there as his crew chief. Ray has said he want's to come back into the Cup and would be willing to do it as a crew chief for an experienced driver. Well guess what Ray you just got your driver and have over a year to get ready. If this happens they will rival Johnson's team.

Evernham needs to come back and boot Steve Letarte out of the picture to bring back some quasi old school shit with Gordon winning a few cups before both of them retire. :coffee:

You could see that ownership has matured Smoke. He wouldn't have taken complete blame like that in the past.

I have no problem with Tony I'm just pissed that Gordon can't seem to find victory lane.

I absolutely kills me how Johnson continues to avoid these things. I'm starting to believe what Harvick said about the golden horeshoe thing.

what an amazing race today, best Talladega race i have ever seen.

88 "official" lead changes, 29 different leaders, and over 150 total lead changes during the race including those that weren't logged at the start finish line.

I really would have rather seen McMurray win today, but its ok when the finish is as amazing as that one was.

The feud between Gordon and Johnson is becoming something to be watched. Jeff is harboring something towards Jimmie that I think has more to do off the track than on. Thats just my opinion.

Hendrick Motorsports teammates Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson tangled on the track in the second consecutive race. Gordon believes Johnson squeezed him down the track late in the race, triggering a crash that took Gordon out of contention, and Gordon didn't mask his anger after the race.

"The 48 is testing my patience, I can tell you that," said Gordon, who finished 22nd. "It takes a lot to make me mad. I am [mad] right now. I don't know what it is with me and him right now."

Johnson was later involved in his own accident, tangling with Greg Biffle on the second attempt at overtime. Biffle had been second on that restart, but struggled taking off and dropped back through the field. Johnson had thought he cleared him, but then drifted into his lane to trigger a crash that sent the defending four-time champion hard into the inside retaining wall.

what an amazing race today, best Talladega race i have ever seen.

88 "official" lead changes, 29 different leaders, and over 150 total lead changes during the race including those that weren't logged at the start finish line.

I really would have rather seen McMurray win today, but its ok when the finish is as amazing as that one was.

The feud between Gordon and Johnson is becoming something to be watched. Jeff is harboring something towards Jimmie that I think has more to do off the track than on. Thats just my opinion.

I think you're right about that cad.

Big Rick better sit these two down & get them squared away or it could be a long season for both teams. Not to mention that the other team in his stable do not need to deal with the tension these two teams will bring into the shop.

One thing Rick will not tolerate is teammates tearing up his cars.

I think Jeff should sell the 48. :harumph:

Seriously though... I have so much Jimmie Johnson crap... Blankets, jackets, T-shirts, coozies, hats... I became a fan of his because he came to Hendrick and Jeff is part owner of the car (yeah, I know that was so Hendrick could own more cars without "owning" them) but anyway, I became a fan of his. Starting last season... I now can't fricken stand JJ. Seriously, I am so fricken sick of hearing about him and listening to him and Knaus. And lately... I don't give a shiat who you are, you don't push a fricken teammate (technically, car owner) down below the fricken yellow line. Oh, wait, sorry... He was moving down to "help him". Yeah, okay Jimmie. Sure. He's a good enough fricken driver to be able to move down the track to "help" someone, without coming right down on the guy and pushing him onto the apron. :rolleyes:

And while I'm ranting... They need at to get a fricken crew chief who was born before Gordon started racing. Seriously. I mean, I know things haven't been great since that POS traitor left but at least Loomis got the 24 a championship. But come on... At the time Letarte took the fricken job Gordon was the winningest active driver, 3rd all-time in championships and they give him a fricken 25 yr old crew chief?????? And, IMO, Letarte has not proved he can do the job. Get him the hell out of there. And I know it's not just the crew chief. Obviously they have some issues in the engine department, as well as in other departments.

Hendrick needs to do something to get that 24 team turned around.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=5136343

Gordon wreck my fault, Johnson says

TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Four-time defending NASCAR champion Jimmie Johnson took the blame for making a mistake that ultimately led to teammate Jeff Gordon's wreck at Talladega Superspeedway.

Johnson said he was trying to slide in front of Gordon late in Sunday's race so the two Hendrick Motorsports drivers could draft together toward the front. But, he said Gordon was coming too fast. Johnson's move instead had the effect of a block, and Gordon was forced off the apron in a defensive move.

His momentum gone, Gordon slid back in traffic and was caught moments later in a multicar crash.

"I misjudged the closing rate," Johnson told The Associated Press. "We all make mistakes, I am no different.

"Certainly, that was my fault. I made the mistake there."

Gordon, who drove his damaged car to a 22nd-place finish, was furious with his teammate after the race.

"The 48 is testing my patience, I can tell you that," Gordon said Sunday at Talladega Superspeedway. "It takes a lot to make me mad."

Johnson was involved in his own accident later and finished 31st. Johnson had already left the track when Gordon, also a four-time series champion, talked of his frustration with his teammate.

"I would have stuck around if I knew what was waiting for me," Johnson said in a phone interview with the AP.

But Johnson again dismissed any notion of a rift with the driver who helped him get his break with Hendrick Motorsports. The two tangled a week ago at Texas Motor Speedway, but downplayed any potential tensions.

"There's no doubt after the fact that frustrations are high, the wreck just compounded it," Johnson said. "I think he was speaking out of frustration."

Johnson approached Gordon in 2001 asking for advice, and Gordon convinced Rick Hendrick to start a team for Johnson.

Since his 2002 rookie season, Johnson steadily challenged Gordon until finally surpassing him as the star of the team. Johnson has won 50 races and the last four championships, while Gordon has won 24 races but no titles.

Asked if Gordon might be frustrated about getting beat by Johnson, the champion took a long pause before answering.

"There's no more then if it was someone else winning and running up front. I just don't think so," he said. "Yes, he's competitive, and yes we've raced hard over the years. But he's going to have that bulls-eye on whoever it is winning. Let's just say it was [Greg Biffle] winning all the time. He'd be frustrated with him.

"But I think Jeff is just frustrated that it was Texas to Talladega. He was in a wreck, and nobody is ever happy about that."

And as I mentioned in my post.... Johnson is a good enough driver that when he's trying to come down in front of Jeff to help him, he doesn't end up in his side, pushing him down below the line.

F*** Jimmie. :jerkit:

My hubby was in Nascar hell yesterday aka Charlotte

How can I live in NC and hate this sport argh

<<
How can I live in NC and hate this sport argh
>>

Too funny. You are surrounded for many miles in every direction. You shall not escape.

Childress cars dominating 2/3 of the way through the race, 3 of the top 5 cars.

Kasey is doing better than he usually does on short tracks, but I think that's because Richmond is a wider track than a lot of the short ones.

Back