Old time Hockey? You know Eddie Shore?

The players are standing up to them, the fans are standing up to them, the peanut venders are standing up to them and by golly, if I was down there I would stand up to them too!

I used to love listening to Fred Cusick calling hockey fights. After it was over he would announce and then commiserate that the fight was another black mark against hockey but if it started up again we'd hear "and Sanderson goes after him AGAIN!!!! He hits him with a right, a left, Goldsmith is down!!!!

Jonathan lays out Bouchard!!!! What a fight!!!! There's blood everywhere!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! You know Johnny, this fight happening in the play-offs is a shame because it takes away from the game itself and....Wait......Wensick is challanging the whole bench to fight!!!!!!!!!!

The guy loved it.

paperhanger on 11-23-2007 at 03:07 PM said:
Don't you have anything better to do.... Assclown this jerk.:patriots!

Don't you have anything better to do than to troll around hating on hockey and trying to provoke me?

AllWorldTE on 11-23-2007 at 03:12 PM said:
Old time Hockey? You know Eddie Shore?
"Icing appen when da puck come down befour da udder guy, nobuddy dere ya know and my harm goes comes up....."

ROFL ROFL

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_w4MV_LwMw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_w4MV_LwMw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Slashing is when you take your stick and do this.....you can't do that. They make you go into penalty box for two minutes and you feel shame. "and then you get free"

I love that movie. There so many great quotes.

NSFW (language)

ROFL ROFL

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5i_D6oQO6b8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5i_D6oQO6b8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Now that is a classic hockey movie, thanks for the memories RG:thumb:

Im listening to the Phucking song:LOL: ROFL :LOL:

RoadGrader on 11-23-2007 at 03:38 PM said:
NSFW (language)

ROFL ROFL

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5i_D6oQO6b8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5i_D6oQO6b8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Last good hockey movie made... perhaps the only one too.

SteelerFan87 on 11-30-2006 at 10:38 PM said:
Are we talking about the same Kevin Hatcher? Because I distinctly remember being extremely pissed that right after we traded you Zubov, you won the Stanely Cup. Meanwhile Hatcher sucked ass on the Pens.

no, we are not talking about kevin hatcher......lol we are talking about derian hatcher......who was our captain when we won the cup.....:D

Hockey is and always be my first love. I grew up playing on the ice of Robinson Pond and played my organized minor hockey at Skate 3 in Tyngsboro, Mass.

Gilles Gilbert was my first real goalie idol- I still remember weeping as a 7-year-old when Yvon Lambert scored the OT-winner in Game 7 in '79 during the too many men on the ice game.

Later, my heroes were Mike Liut, Pete Peeters, Cam Neely, and Andy Moog.

I've had the great fortune of covering the Bruins for the New England Hockey Journal since 2000, and have had the pleasure of meeting my boyhood idols in person and finding them to be the class acts I had always hoped for (especially Neely, Moog and Liut).

It's a shame how mediocre the Bruins have gotten over the past decade and change, but I do see the team trying to improve. It isn't easy, and they're paying the price for years of quick fixes, questionable coaches and lousy scouting. I love that Timmy Thomas is silencing the doubters- I knew him before he played his 1st NHL game, and I always believed he was one of the best goalies not playing in the show. He's now proving he belongs, even if he rarely scores points for style.

Anyway- love hockey. Always have always will. But the way the NHL has rendered itself irrelevant in this country with 2 lockouts in 10 years, too much expansion and a host of bad, marketing-driven decisions is alarming. I yearn for the golden age of 21 teams in the 80's and early 90's.

Chiefsgal, what happened to your Stars last night?

I had forgotten that the Stars have Stu Barnes. Great player. He and Zubov were some of my favorite Pens.
:thumb:

SteelerFan87 on 12-01-2007 at 02:05 PM said:
Chiefsgal, what happened to your Stars last night?

I had forgotten that the Stars have Stu Barnes. Great player. He and Zubov were some of my favorite Pens.
:thumb:

they had an off night........one loss to a lousy team does not concern me...>) don't worry about my stars...worry about your last place pens......:p

Yeah Slapshot is one of my favorites of all time. I have no idea what Slapshot2Breaking the Ice was all about, but never heard anything about it and must have been a bomb? :shrug:

NationalD on 12-02-2007 at 12:37 AM said:
Yeah Slapshot is one of my favorites of all time. I have no idea what Slapshot2Breaking the Ice was all about, but never heard anything about it and must have been a bomb? :shrug:

you silly man....:D

chiefsgal* on 12-02-2007 at 12:58 AM said:
don't you roll your eyes at me......:spank:

Now THAT looks like some serious slapshotin' ... woohoo

NationalD on 12-02-2007 at 01:02 AM said:
Now THAT looks like some serious slapshotin' ... woohoo

it only hurts for a minute....>)

SteelerFan87 on 10-06-2006 at 03:04 AM said:
I just realized there is no hockey thread here. Surely there are alot of Bruins fans here, right? So, since the NHL season has finally started, lets talk about hockey.

What did you think New England Patriots forum was greek for National Hockey League?

Re: Re: Official Hockey Thread

Mr NFLfan on 12-02-2007 at 01:44 PM said:
What did you think New England Patriots forum was greek for National Hockey League?

but but but...lots of us like hockey.....:D

Back