Old school vs. New school

Old school definitely does carry goodness.

But we are evolutionary beings. A good deal of shit now is just that, shit. But if we open our hearts and minds and just talk to each other beautiful things can happen with our understanding of each other.

Last edited:
OP kinda makes me think of “Think outside of the box”.

personally, I’d prefer people simply “think”: inside, outside, next to, under, on top of, really don’t care where they are relative to said box.

same thing with the “school“ bit. If someone knows what their school is and can have a reasoned discussion on it’s merits, then I don’t care what school they’re advocating because they’re thinking.

if on the other hand, they simply regurgitate sound bites without the ability to respond to questions or counter arguments, short of saying theirs go to 11, then I don’t care if it’s old school, new school, or pre-school.

I don't have any problems with the younger generations - I don't think they can screw things up any worse than we (the Baby Boomers) did.

I'm not a Boomer. Kinda caught in the middle but I love your honesty about the Boomer generation. I have specific reason for the destruction they laid the foundation for.

Can this generation fuck it up even more? Not necessarily but they can put the final nails in the coffin.

I saw a quote once that sounds like something you would here todays ‘older’ generations say about the younger ones… and it was supposedly from Aristotle. The internet being what it is that may have been BS but the point was that this has been going on forever
a quick google found a whole mess of them
Aristotle Quotes About Youth | A-Z Quotes

I don't know if this show will be any good or not, but I saw the trailer to last night and it's an interesting concept that
could be a big hit if it's done intelligently:

Snowflakes are in the forecast. Netflix’s latest reality series sends a group of clueless 20-something spoiled brats into the wilderness.

Called “Snowflake Mountain” and premiering June 22, the show takes 10 overindulged “kidults” who refuse to grow up, fail to do chores to help their families or roommates, freeload off their wealthy parents, and don’t work steady jobs.

Among these pampered Gen Zers, there’s a wannabe influencer (of course); a vegan who loves admiring her own reflection in the mirror; a 22-year-old aspiring model; a 24-year-old who still lives at home with her parents, refuses to help around the house, and has been fired from every job; a 25-year-old British party girl who lives with her mom and dad and doesn’t work; a 23-year-old college dropout who dreams of being a pro wrestler; a 25-year-old self-proclaimed “Disney princess” who refuses to leave the home she shares with her parents, and an unemployed 26-year-old who spends $500 of his parents’ money per week on manicures and facials.

poiled 20-somethings complain about being in the wilderness in “Snowflake Mountain.”NetflixDeandra, 24, a “Snowflake Mountain” contestant who lives with her parents, won’t help them out, and won’t hold down a job.Netflix“Snowflake Mountain” throws 20-somethings who are more focused on their own grooming than on helping others into the wild.Netflix
According to the trailer, these entitled “snowflakes” can’t load a dishwasher, and their families have reached their breaking points.

They get tricked by their families into going on a survival retreat in the great outdoors, sans Wi-Fi or running water, to compete for a cash prize. The 20-somethings get a much-needed crash course in adulthood, led by a former army combat engineer and Navy explosive ordinance disposal officer.

Ten twentysomethings who are on the reality series.
The 10 spoiled “kiddults” of “Snowflake Mountain.”Netflix
“This is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me in my whole life,” one contestant whines in the trailer.

Other contestants are shown loudly shouting, “F – – k my life!”

I don't have any problems with the younger generations - I don't think they can screw things up any worse than we (the Baby Boomers) did.
One thing about the baby boomers, didn't really get things handed to us.
That's what is being pushed now.

I don't consider that progress,

but you are right, our fault.

Last edited:
I don't know if this show will be any good or not, but I saw the trailer to last night and it's an interesting concept that
could be a big hit if it's done intelligently:

Called “Snowflake Mountain” and premiering June 22, the show takes 10 overindulged “kidults” who refuse to grow up, fail to do chores to help their families or roommates, freeload off their wealthy parents, and don’t work steady jobs.

Among these pampered Gen Zers, there’s a wannabe influencer (of course); a vegan who loves admiring her own reflection in the mirror; a 22-year-old aspiring model; a 24-year-old who still lives at home with her parents, refuses to help around the house, and has been fired from every job; a 25-year-old British party girl who lives with her mom and dad and doesn’t work; a 23-year-old college dropout who dreams of being a pro wrestler; a 25-year-old self-proclaimed “Disney princess” who refuses to leave the home she shares with her parents, and an unemployed 26-year-old who spends $500 of his parents’ money per week on manicures and facials.

poiled 20-somethings complain about being in the wilderness in “Snowflake Mountain.”NetflixDeandra, 24, a “Snowflake Mountain” contestant who lives with her parents, won’t help them out, and won’t hold down a job.Netflix“Snowflake Mountain” throws 20-somethings who are more focused on their own grooming than on helping others into the wild.Netflix
According to the trailer, these entitled “snowflakes” can’t load a dishwasher, and their families have reached their breaking points.

They get tricked by their families into going on a survival retreat in the great outdoors, sans Wi-Fi or running water, to compete for a cash prize. The 20-somethings get a much-needed crash course in adulthood, led by a former army combat engineer and Navy explosive ordinance disposal officer.

Ten twentysomethings who are on the reality series.
The 10 spoiled “kiddults” of “Snowflake Mountain.”Netflix

Other contestants are shown loudly shouting, “F – – k my life!”

Don't much care for reality shows but this is an interesting concept.

Thanks.

The only solution is God/the gospel of Christ. We are just passing through this world. We were created for eternity and fellowship with God through Christ.

Every generation should grow(learn from) and be better than the generation before it.
Jmho It doesn't seem that's what's happening.
But if they ever find "who let the dogs out" better tell them stay off my lawn or:misc0003:

Oh Ya go :celtics:

Most of the people I know have really great kids that do all the same sorts of things we did a generation ago as in work hard, buy houses, fall in love,
get married, etc., etc.

They may not do them quite the same way, but I don't encounter a lot of shithead youth in my snowglobe.

However, I have a cousin who used to post here as DropKickMurphy and he is like a brother to me. Born 3 days apart and have been close since they stuck him in my crib.

Anyhow, DKM has been battling a form of early-onset Alzheimers (posterior cortical atrophy) for 8 years now. His memory is fine, but his brain has lost almost all spatial awareness and he has a hard time hearing, seeing and his fine motor skills are gone. His wife has to dress him because even though his intellect is still impressive (always was) he cannot understand zippers
or buttons. He's losing control of his bladder and his brain is telling him he's cold even when it's 80 degrees out. The point is, it's extremely taxing for him to do normal things that
we all take for granted. His wife is now his care-taker and he'll probably end up in a care facility before long.

He has a son that is now in his early 30's and the kid is useless. He's extremely bright, but uses that to get his way and has never held a steady job. He's tried a rotisserie of careers
all of which were too taxing for his 'druthers. He was recently mooching at his parents home but became upset by his Father's disabilities and the burden it placed on him so he moved to Brazil to smoke weed with his friends, get laid, dance capoeira in the park and drive around on a moped until he fucks up his work-at-home job once again and has to come back to leech from his parents -- who clearly have other issues to deal with.

The philosophy of selfishness and laziness that this sack of shit possesses is positively mind-boggling. All his friends have moved on and settled down in the real world and he is still a human sponge who could easily support himself but chooses to manipulate the world around him so that he can sleep late and fuck off. He's masterful at it, but I don't buy any of his lies.

I recently took my cousin out for a hike, during which I made the mistake of expressing my disappointment that his son felt the need to run to Brazil instead of helping him and his wife out. This is heresy because Brazil Boy is above all criticism and there is and has always been an excuse for whatever he does. Anyhow, DKM didn't say much to me about that, but told his wife of my comments. So, later that day my phone rings while I'm grocery shopping and his Wife goes absolutely apeshit on me complete with "HOW DARE YOU!!!" and "WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE HIM???". I listened to her with a clinical detachment and decided to let her vent. She had no idea what I actually said, which was way milder than what I was thinking, but the pressure she is under cracked her shit. I ended with saying calmly "is there anything else you want to say to me?" and she hung up. If she had a gun she would have shot me, but now she feels horrible because she knows
that what I said is what absolutely everybody thinks.

What a fucking mess, but it proved to me that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

I hate that fucking kid.

Most of the people I know have really great kids that do all the same sorts of things we did a generation ago as in work hard, buy houses, fall in love,
get married, etc., etc.

They may not do them quite the same way, but I don't encounter a lot of shithead youth in my snowglobe.

However, I have a cousin who used to post here as DropKickMurphy and he is like a brother to me. Born 3 days apart and have been close since they stuck him in my crib.

Anyhow, DKM has been battling a form of early-onset Alzheimers (posterior cortical atrophy) for 8 years now. His memory is fine, but his brain has lost almost all spatial awareness and he has a hard time hearing, seeing and his fine motor skills are gone. His wife has to dress him because even though his intellect is still impressive (always was) he cannot understand zippers
or buttons. He's losing control of his bladder and his brain is telling him he's cold even when it's 80 degrees out. The point is, it's extremely taxing for him to do normal things that
we all take for granted. His wife is now his care-taker and he'll probably end up in a care facility before long.

He has a son that is now in his early 30's and the kid is useless. He's extremely bright, but uses that to get his way and has never held a steady job. He's tried a rotisserie of careers
all of which were too taxing for his 'druthers. He was recently mooching at his parents home but became upset by his Father's disabilities and the burden it placed on him so he moved to Brazil to smoke weed with his friends, get laid, dance capoeira in the park and drive around on a moped until he fucks up his work-at-home job once again and has to come back to leech from his parents -- who clearly have other issues to deal with.

The philosophy of selfishness and laziness that this sack of shit possesses is positively mind-boggling. All his friends have moved on and settled down in the real world and he is still a human sponge who could easily support himself but chooses to manipulate the world around him so that he can sleep late and fuck off. He's masterful at it, but I don't buy any of his lies.

I recently took my cousin out for a hike, during which I made the mistake of expressing my disappointment that his son felt the need to run to Brazil instead of helping him and his wife out. This is heresy because Brazil Boy is above all criticism and there is and has always been an excuse for whatever he does. Anyhow, DKM didn't say much to me about that, but told his wife of my comments. So, later that day my phone rings while I'm grocery shopping and his Wife goes absolutely apeshit on me complete with "HOW DARE YOU!!!" and "WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE HIM???". I listened to her with a clinical detachment and decided to let her vent. She had no idea what I actually said, which was way milder than what I was thinking, but the pressure she is under cracked her shit. I ended with saying calmly "is there anything else you want to say to me?" and she hung up. If she had a gun she would have shot me, but now she feels horrible because she knows

What a fucking mess, but it proved to me that denial is not just a river in Egypt.

I hate that fucking kid.

There are a few things to address here buy I don't seem to be feeling up to it at the moment.

But thank you for posting your thoughts. There really is a bit to unpack here.

Can relate a little to Brazil Boy and the parents equally.

All my best to DKM. 💖

Most of us parents have great kids. I have read about it. I had one that went astray for several years, He is now in a better mindset than me, so I get, It's just what we see on tv and all that crap that has me thinking that the younger generation is lost and because of that so is the country, Maybe I am just too critical of a person.

And ditto on DKM. My best,

Last edited:
I will add it seems so different these days from when I grew up... i hope it works out.

maybe its just what I see in CA.,,

get married, etc., etc.

I hate that fucking kid.

First, I remember him from here or rather the old here. So sad this has happened.

I have seen similar situations where the young fuck up actually sees the light when tragedy comes. Maybe he will at some point. What worries me is that his parents reacted the way they did to your comments.

Young people mature at different ages, mine certainly have varied but all got there. I hope for his parents sake, his own sake and whoever falls in love with him that he matures soon.

Most of us parents have great kids. I have read about it. I had one that went astray for several years, He is now in a better mindset than me, so I get, It's just what we see on tv and all that crap that has me thinking that the younger generation is lost and because of that so is the country, Maybe I am just too critical of a person.

And ditto on DKM. My best,
I back in 2014ish went thru training at a job about how to speak to different generations, I'm 58 I'm a baby boomer, and I had never heard the term "millenial"
Never had a clue they have to learn differently .
This is the job, I'll help you anyway I can but this is what needs to be done.

We had a "standard work" how the product is supposed to be built, It's not only just a blueprint for manufacturing, It's a sales and marketing tool too.
It tells the customer how we do things.

Had lots of young ones saying "I'll just figure it out "......Wrong Answer

The only solution is God/the gospel of Christ. We are just passing through this world. We were created for eternity and fellowship with God through Christ.
Well said, Mazz, but so odd coming from you I have to ask if you're in the show as the one who didn't get her way once and three years later is still whining about it and doing her best to make everyone around her miserable until they all acknowledge how greatly and unjustly she has suffered?

Last edited:
Back