on topic: Patriots 50th Anniversary Logo

I'd like to see them go to throwback unifroms this year..

Brady to Moss in throwbacks would be awesome!

Brady to Moss in throwbacks would be awesome!

I like the new uniforms, but I wish they'd lose the flying elvis and go back to Pat Patriot on the helmets.

ImgDyn.cfm

It is very cool! Just don't think the older patriot logo ('71-'92) in the middle works as well purely from a design pov. He's too busy for a logo. I know it's classic I just like a cleaner more simple look, especially when there's already so much in it. You can hardly see it too. JMO

Oh and I hate this year's SB logo. ( and last years) What a piece of crap!

Patriots unveil 50th anniversary logo

The Patriots today unveiled a special logo to commemorate the 2009 season, which marks the teams 50th anniversary. More from the teams press release about the logo (on right): The red, white and blue logo contains the text “New England...

More...

Newsbot, you're slow dude! We already have a thread about the 50th anniversary logo.

You're fired!!!

1103840083_1620.jpg

Check out the poll results on that article.

There's a movement brewing to get the old Pat Patriot unis back :)

The logo or the unis? It looked like the logo. I'm gonna have to get a bunch of designers to do the poll so it doesn't win. :p

I'm not crazy about either but the Elvis is cleaner and more modern. If the Pat Patriot comes back it needs to be cleaned up. JMO

I like the new uniforms, but I wish they'd lose the flying elvis and go back to Pat Patriot on the helmets.

ImgDyn.cfm

No way. I love the Elvis, and plus, the Krafts have worked very hard to develop that logo as the mark of a winning brand.

Since the Elvis was brought on board, our fortunes have changed, with the exception of one or two years.

I loved Pat Patriot, but it reminds me too much of the bad old days.

Since the Elvis was brought on board, our fortunes have changed, with the exception of one or two years.

I loved Pat Patriot, but it reminds me too much of the bad old days.

As long as we keep Belichick, the classic logo will do just fine.

pat_patriot.jpg

It is very cool! Just don't think the older patriot logo ('71-'92) in the middle works as well purely from a design pov. He's too busy for a logo. I know it's classic I just like a cleaner more simple look, especially when there's already so much in it. You can hardly see it too. JMO

Oh and I hate this year's SB logo. ( and last years) What a piece of crap!

Right on both counts. One of the reasons for changing the old Pat Patriot was that the Pats were under pressure from the league to change it because it was difficult to reproduce for merchandise, for instance embroidered stuff. My understanding is that Bob Kraft wasn't thrilled with the Flying Elvis but it was the best the club's art source (I believe it was Rhode Island School of Design, could be wrong) could come up with on short notice when they wanted to introduce a new logo for the first year of the Bill Parcells regime, so your graphic designer instincts are in agreement with the NFL.

Also, you and I are both puzzled by the crap the league puts out for SB logos. They don't all suck, but lately they have been totally underwhelming. XL was terrible.

I did like this one, though:

Back