Opinions Needed

tommysgirl

Willing to eat this for Babalu
Reaction score
Ok Planet Peeps...

So my older brother and I have always been very, very close but have distanced a little bit the last couple years. He moved to SoCal 20 years ago but had never really gone "California" until recently. He's gorgeous, manages a bar, lives a very carefree lifestyle, loved the bachelor life and then she came along.

She is an attorney, plastic, comes from some money etc....I, nor, anyone in my family have ever met her. She is a FB friend to a few of us and she seems as phony as can be..."I love you Uncle Dan" posts to my uncle whom she has never met and such. Fine. If my brother wants to marry someone like that, that's his problem.

Here's the problem...they just set a wedding date....June 2nd. really? This a 2-3 grand trip easily for me and my sons and I don't exactly roll around in disposable income. So my entire family and his friends are expected to be able to come to this wedding on 4 months notice no problem? I said I was pissed and explained why and he said he had said that to her and her mother but she REALLY wanted this place and that was the only date they had open.

Do I have a right to be pissed or do I just suck it up and accept the fact that my chances of being at my brothers wedding are slim to none?

I would think that if they have that date available this year, they would probably have something next year also and they could wait a year to help your family be able to manage the trip.

I realize that it's her wedding but if she's already not thinking or caring about his family making it to the wedding, that doesn't bode well for the future. Eventually she may make him choose, family or her.

Good luck either way.

Do I have a right to be pissed or do I just suck it up and accept the fact that my chances of being at my brothers wedding are slim to none?

Yes. :shake:

You also have the wonderful opportunity to look forward to many years of resenting your brother's wife.

Either this will cause a problem with him and Barbie and she will resent you, or you will not be able to go and will resent her.

Sucks either way.

You have a very good reason for being pissed. It's not enough time to save up and go there.

I would think that if they have that date available this year, they would probably have something next year also and they could wait a year to help your family be able to manage the trip.

I realize that it's her wedding but if she's already not thinking or caring about his family making it to the wedding, that doesn't bode well for the future. Eventually she may make him choose, family or her.

Good luck either way.

This was my first thought.

Yes. :shake:

You also have the wonderful opportunity to look forward to many years of resenting your brother's wife.

Either this will cause a problem with him and Barbie and she will resent you, or you will not be able to go and will resent her.

Sucks either way.
I already resent her and really can't stand her.

The whole thing sucks :( I can't imagine not being at my brothers wedding :(

Be Pissed, you have every right to be...and tell him so...also tell him you want the best for him and want to share in his day but you fear the quick time will make it impossible to make it to your Brother's wedding and that anything he could do to change the date to help out his family would be greatly appreciated.

Be Pissed, you have every right to be...and tell him so...also tell him you want the best for him and want to share in his day but you fear the quick time will make it impossible to make it to your Brother's wedding and that anything he could do to change the date to help out his family would be greatly appreciated.
I told him I was pissed already.

A few people panicked and already bought plane tickets so the date isn't changing.

I'm just really hurt :(

Ok Planet Peeps...

So my older brother and I have always been very, very close but have distanced a little bit the last couple years. He moved to SoCal 20 years ago but had never really gone "California" until recently. He's gorgeous, manages a bar, lives a very carefree lifestyle, loved the bachelor life and then she came along.

She is an attorney, plastic, comes from some money etc....I, nor, anyone in my family have ever met her. She is a FB friend to a few of us and she seems as phony as can be..."I love you Uncle Dan" posts to my uncle whom she has never met and such. Fine. If my brother wants to marry someone like that, that's his problem.

Here's the problem...they just set a wedding date....June 2nd. really? This a 2-3 grand trip easily for me and my sons and I don't exactly roll around in disposable income. So my entire family and his friends are expected to be able to come to this wedding on 4 months notice no problem? I said I was pissed and explained why and he said he had said that to her and her mother but she REALLY wanted this place and that was the only date they had open.

Ask if he's going to be sending cash or plane tickets, and where he's making the reservations for you to stay. Tell him to send all the info as soon as they set it up, you can't wait to see him and his new wealthy bride.

My opinion is that blows and I don't like her already either.

This +1

~Dee~

Ask if he's going to be sending cash or plane tickets, and where he's making the reservations for you to stay. Tell him to send all the info as soon as they set it up, you can't wait to see him and his new wealthy bride.
Not a chance am I going to be the poor sister that they had to pay for to come over. None.
My opinion is that blows and I don't like her already either.
:toast:
I don't either. I better not see her on FaceBook, I tell you what. :cuss:
She doesn't talk to me.ROFL

As you are not a man, let me let you in on an age old man adage........

"A Man will always side with the woman who is currently (I'll pg it down to) sleeping with"

I wish it was not true, but alas it is. So you can be pissed all you want, but the bottomline here, is that he is going to side with her, no matter what. My best advice is to try your best to attend, hold your tongue, and wait the marriage out. You can always tell him "I nver liked her" after it is over, but as for right now, hold your tongue, because you can't compete with her......and if you do, all you will accomplish is aleinating your brother..

(this advice comes from the been, there, done that file)

Not a chance am I going to be the poor sister that they had to pay for to come over. None.

:toast:

She doesn't talk to me.ROFL

You shouldn't have to be the 'poor' sister, you're the one who they want to come so they are going to fly you down there. There's no shame in that. Tell him it's either that or move it to next year so you have time to budget. He'll chose to help you out.

Now is this really about the money, or about losing baby brother to the mean lawyer bitch from the other coast? ;)

As you are not a man, let me let you in on an age old man adage........

"A Man will always side with the woman who is currently (I'll pg it down to) sleeping with"

I wish it was not true, but alas it is. So you can be pissed all you want, but the bottomline here, is that he is going to side with her, no matter what. My best advice is to try your best to attend, hold your tongue, and wait the marriage out. You can always tell him "I nver liked her" after it is over, but as for right now, hold your tongue, because you can't compete with her......and if you do, all you will accomplish is aleinating your brother..

(this advice comes from the been, there, done that file)

Oh, I know all that. I'm just still stunned I guess. More stunned at who he has become than anything.
You shouldn't have to be the 'poor' sister, you're the one who they want to come so they are going to fly you down there. There's no shame in that. Tell him it's either that or move it to next year so you have time to budget. He'll chose to help you out.

Now is this really about the money, or about losing baby brother to the mean lawyer bitch from the other coast? ;)
Oh but I will be. I've made it abundantly clear I won't take a dime. He's really upset but I told him to deal with it, he's the one who couldn't stand up and do what is right.

I could care less about her..that's his bed to lie in. It's about who he has become more than anything I guess.

EDIT: Oh and he's big borther ;) Little brother somehow got lucky and wound up with the perfect woman. I couldn't have picked one better.

Back