OT: I'm seeing Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood tonight!

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
Yup, pretty freaking pumped and jacked.

Seeing what promises to be a Blind Faith show tonight at MSG.

For the first time in my life, I got behind the stage tix. It always seems to me that the seats close to the stage that are behind the stage are pretty damned good. Close and maybe a little bit of a behind the scenes feel.

DarrylStingley on 02-28-2008 at 01:00 PM said:
Yup, pretty freaking pumped and jacked.

Seeing what promises to be a Blind Faith show tonight at MSG.

For the first time in my life, I got behind the stage tix. It always seems to me that the seats close to the stage that are behind the stage are pretty damned good. Close and maybe a little bit of a behind the scenes feel.

That, and often the mix absolutely sucks :D

Congrats.

I saw Clapton once somewhere around 1989 at the Centrum. Good show.

Re: Re: OT: I'm seeing Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood tonight!

Claremonster on 02-28-2008 at 04:02 PM said:
What does that mean?

Jh on 02-28-2008 at 04:07 PM said:
OMG! I is jealous!!! Full report tomorrow needed!!!!! :thumb:
Aye aye....the set list from the show on Monday night:

Had To Cry Today / Low Down / Forever Man / Them Changes / Sleeping In The Ground / Presence Of The Lord / Glad>Well Alright / Double Trouble / Pearly Queen / Tell The Truth / No Face / After Midnight / Split Decision / Ramblin On My Mind (EC solo acoustic) / Georgia On My Mind (SW solo) / Little Wing / Voodoo Chile / Can't Find My Way Home / Dear Mr Fantasy / Crossroads

On Tuesday, it ended with:

Can't find my way home
Cocaine
E:
Mr. Fantasy

Given that the show was basically the same the first two nights, I'm guessing I'm seeing the same thing tonight. I was sort of hoping for more Clapton-only type songs, but so bet it. It shoud be pretty amazing, either way.

Re: Re: OT: I'm seeing Eric Clapton and Stevie Winwood tonight!

Claremonster on 02-28-2008 at 04:02 PM said:

SOOOO lucky! Tried to get tix, but they were out of sight by the time I started to look. I've seen Clapton many, many times over the years, and he never, ever ceases to amaze me. Truly my musical hero.

Have fun, and I want a full report!

Clapton and Stevie Winwood are defo GIANTS of rock and it outta be a good show. However, no way this qualifies as a "Blind Faith" concert without Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce. They may be using the same playlist, but it's shore nuff not the same band!

"Come down from your throooooooone . . . . " la la la :)

Have fun.

you lucky dog.....I've seen them both of them and it was awesome.......party time for you!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I have seen Clapton a few times and he never disappoints.

He played in Roger Waters' band in the late 80's, and I saw that Waters band down in Hartford that year, the tour was to support
"The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking"

Clapton covering Floyd classics was neat to see.

Have never seen him, but love his music! Please post your experience! Hope it was all you expected!

I hope you are having fun :) I can't wait for you to tell us all about it.

My co-worker told me the old boy band new kids on the block are getting back together. She said she is taking me to see them when they go on tour. I said Oh HELL noes.

Thanks for the good wishes all.

The concert was even better than I anticipated. Truly awesome.

The set list was about as I listed above.

Winwood and Clapton clearly love playing with each other. It seemed like they've been doing it for years, as they really meshed perfectly.

The behind the stage thing was a great call. We were very close to the action (football fan here), and the sound quality was great.

Not much more to add in that I'm not enough of a musician (like my band member brother) to really provide a lot of good insights.

Just a great, and incredibly wasted experience.

On a Pats related note, I was wearing a Sox hat, and before the show two guys sitting near me -- one a Philly and one a Cowboys fan -- had a long conversation about how the Pats season was one to remember forever, and how they were glad that someone finally beat them, and what a great game SB 42 was. I got the strong sense that the Cowboys fan was watching me to see if I would react and I gave him nothing but a poker face the whole time.

Uggh. It's a good thing the lights went out very soon thereafter.

Back