OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

Re: Re: OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

Supkem said:
Some how I figure there has to be another side to the story. And since the young lady isn't here to defend herself, I'll state her side of the story.
Holy sh1t. Great post Sup. i have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.ROFL

Dirtywater said:
Since he yet to post a follow up, I'll reserve judgment, but if it went down as you comprehended it, then yes, I don't agree with him.

After the lambasting he has received in here, I would be surprised to see him post a follow-up. It would be nice, because a lot of people are making a lot of assumptions based on one short post on a message board.

I am sure he thought the responses would be much lighter than this.

PatsFanDan said:

And a few other random thoughts from the thread...

Are there really women who will go out with a guy just because they are afraid to tell him they are not interested? Please ladies, don't waste both of our times.

Yes, there are, sadly. Some of that is the result of being young and not self-confident and having a hard time setting boundaries.

This is a fairly common problem for women to have. Especially young women. Women have been taught, culturally, to communicate in very indirect ways. It's unfortunate. At the same time, conventionally, a lot of men don't like women to be speak their minds. To be forthright, etc. This explains the old line, "Why can't he take a hint?" and "You can never tell what a woman is thinking. They don't know their own minds" Well, often women do. But they are often not comfortable speaking their minds.

Obviuosly this is not the case with women on this board. ;)

This really unfortunate situation is partly a corrollary to very conventional attitudes about gender roles, the right of a woman to be self-determining and have control over her own body. And it
goes hand-in-hand with the kinds of attitudes that both Fusion and Spinal Tap articulate.

This is why I say...men like that attract women like that. Fusion's case is a perfect example.

So, I would suggest to any man, that if he wants to attract a lady, he should act like a gentleman. Not like a patsy. But a gentleman.

And if a man is curious about when it's time to stop acting like a gentleman, I would suggest waiting until a woman makes it entirely clear that she has no intention of continuing to act like a lady. :thumb:

Spinal Tap said:
Well, there goes that respect thing I spoke of earlier. You don't know me from a f**king hole in the wall, so don't pretend to.

I read a lot of your posts. And I see your avatar.

And again...go back and read how you talk about women.

I'm telling you the strong impression you give me. And whether I'm right or wrong in that impression -- if I meet a man who gives me that impression, I move quickly in the opposite direction.

Dirtywater said:
Ah, I think I now see the main difference. I read it as in "he is a young guy guy, and most guys are looking to get laid."

That's the way I read it. :shrug:

He took her to lunch and was hoping to get some, but wasn't taking her to lunch only so he could get some. When she turned out to be more than he could bear he bolted. Wrong? Yes, but nothing I'd drag him through the streets for. I mean, maybe he was having visions of shoving her face into the food in her doggie bag and smothering her to death just to get her to shut up. Maybe he felt the only way to avoid doing something that would land him with her ex-boyfriend in court was to get out of there as quickly as possible. Or maybe he's just an immature young guy, which is all redundant, I know. ;)

Undertaker #59 said:
After the lambasting he has received in here, I would be surprised to see him post a follow-up. It would be nice, because a lot of people are making a lot of assumptions based on one short post on a message board.

That wasn't a short post.

It was a pretty detailed explanation of one man's state of mind. His behavior and why he thought it was justified.

Re: Re: Re: OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

KenJr30 said:
Holy sh1t. Great post Sup. i have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.ROFL

Thanks again. What part did you like best?

Do you think Yolanda and Vivian will grow up to be the same as Daddies girlfirend?

Undertaker #59 said:

Maybe yes and maybe no....

If he's been around this group much more than a couple of weeks, he had to know it could turn into a real sh!tstorm if enough people got involved in the conversation.

Besides, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? Providing he's survived slagging through this thread, who knows what he'll have learned. Maybe nothing - but maybe something too.

At any rate - Annihilus hopes he responds too!

FallingAlice said:
That wasn't a short post.

It was a pretty detailed explanation of one man's state of mind. His behavior and why he thought it was justified.

Well, I'd hate to do anything wrong or cross you anytime in my lifetime. :rolleyes:

People are human, and we make mistakes. I could be wrong, but you seem to hold them to that, which is your perogitive. Do you ever give second chances? I hope so because you do seem like someone who has so much to offer.

He is a young guy, who in retrospect did some things wrong, but he was not alone in that department. People grow from these experiences too. I don't know how guys acted when you were his age, but I've heard a lot worse than his behavior.

Fusion, if you do ever come back, just know that not everyone is against you.

FallingAlice said:
I read a lot of your posts. And I see your avatar.

And again...go back and read how you talk about women.

I'm telling you the strong impression you give me. And whether I'm right or wrong in that impression -- if I meet a man who gives me that impression, I move quickly in the opposite direction.

My avatar is a very beautiful young lady. Is that indicative of the kind of person I am or of the way I might treat women??? Please show me the posts where I degrade ALL women. I would love to know where your impressions are coming from.

Plus, the way you've lambasted Fusion, and Tex before him (rememeber the gf dilema?), I might say the same thing about you and your degradation of men. After reading your scathing posts against these two men (and now me), I may conclude that you are a feminist man-hater that has a deep loathing for beautfiul women who always stole the men that you so much wanted to be with..................am I warm yet???

Spinal Tap said:
I may conclude that you are a feminist man-hater that has a deep loathing for beautfiul women who always stole the men that you so much wanted to be with..................am I warm yet???

Hey Hawg.....you still got those cheese curls? Or did Undertaker eat all those at the last get-together?

what we need to know

first
How old is Fusion? Is he the older guy at the gym hooking up with the young ladies and felt she abused his age and maturity (cash flow) by her order? or is he a college student trying to make ends meet? or some where in between.

he appears to be the younger one

second
He just "dumped" his girlfriend, any resemblance between the two woman that could cause his feelings to change quickly? Was she the recepiant of his bad relationship trash?

Third
How well did they know each other prior to this date? They obviously went to the same gym but was this the result of earlier conversations between the two or a chance meeting.

many more questions but we need fusion to answer

Dirtywater said:
Well, I'd hate to do anything wrong or cross you anytime in my lifetime. :rolleyes:

People are human, and we make mistakes. I could be wrong, but you seem to hold them to that, which is your perogitive. Do you ever give second chances? I hope so because you do seem like someone who has so much to offer.

He is a young guy, who in retrospect did some things wrong, but he was not alone in that department. People grow from these experiences too. I don't know how guys acted when you were his age, but I've heard a lot worse than his behavior.

Fusion, if you do ever come back, just know that not everyone is against you.

Yes, people do learn from these experiences. But only if they get a negative response.

Focus posted a story in a forum in which he evidently believed all people would either agree with him, find his behavior comical and justified, or...not reply. Perhaps he thought he was in a locker room with loads of friends whose response he could anticipate.

Instead, he clearly got a different sort of response. Because he's on an online forum that serves a community with widely diverse ages, races, sexes, sexual preference, poltical attitudes, etc.,

As Anni alludes... this is a wild and woolly forum. You never know what you're going to get.

I don't claim to be the guy's mother. Or his conscience. I haven't suggested that his life isn't worthwhile.

But I've given him a very pointed response. And while it may not have been pleasant for Focus, maybe it was a useful look into what somewomen (and some people in general) -- not all -- might think about his attitudes and behavior. I don't claim to speak for women. But I obviously have a very strong point of view on this particular subject.

Part of that point of view might be a generational issue. But I hope not. I'd like to think that there are a lot of young people out there like Bideau's children. I can only imagine that he is a truly wonderful father.

And... hell... I never know what I'm going to get either. I've gotten some heat on this topic. But I'm a veteran here, so I know how to read messages I don't like and I'll stick around to fight the good fight with the loyal opposition. I can be a person's biggest enemy on one thread and debate team partner on another.

Hopefully Fusion will stick around. Duke it out. And continue to post. But I doubt Fusion feels alone or without any allies on the board. You're a case in point.

Women (especially liberal women) are a very significant minority on this board. There are many things said on the Planet that I don't agree with and/or that I find offensive. Mostly, I look the other way. But sometimes I decide to take a stand.

Annihilus said:
Hey Hawg.....you still got those cheese curls? Or did Undertaker eat all those at the last get-together?

Okay, okay...

Look...mods... Anni....Undertaker...Hawg...Bideau...other posters...

Do you guys want me to walk away from a response to Spinal Tap? Or would you actually enjoy seeing me to take him on?

I mean, if this is a matter of entertainment purposes, I'm happy to participate in a steel-cage death match. But I really don't want to do anything that creates a huge incident that could really be hurtful to the board and the community.

So... if Spinal Tap wants to take this further. Perhaps we should do in a new thread entitled Spinal Tap's and Alice's Steel Cage Death Match.

And this should be labelled...enter at your own risk.

And whatever goes into the thread stays in the thread and Spinal Tap and I agree not to pollute the rest of the board with it... or destroy whatever exists of any friendly feelings between us. When it's over, we shake hands and let bygones be bygones.

It's up to the the mods, the board and to Spinal Tap.

Say the word, and it's on. Grab your cheese curls, a beer and enjoy.

What'll it be, Spinal?

(Parenthetical note: For the record...Damn...I was right...this is a classic thread.)

I'm not really interested in going toe to toe with you Alice. I just wanted to try and make a point. I do still respect you, but I think you take these threads a bit too far with your "pro-woman, men are just pigs" posts. I too, may make the same mistake with my "pro-men, women are just sluts" posts.

Why don't we just shake hands here, rather than try and do it after a knock down, drag out fight?

FallingAlice said:
Do you guys want me to walk away from a response to Spinal Tap? Or would you actually enjoy seeing me to take him on?

So... if Spinal Tap wants to take this further. Perhaps we should do in a new thread entitled Spinal Tap's and Alice's Steel Cage Death Match.

At the risk of being fired for speaking without discussing with the other guys first.....Annihilus would love it. That would be something fascinating to watch. Of course, Tap would have to agree to it too.

Annihilus likes a good debate. He hasn't seen one of those since Ross Perot first ran for President.

Admiral Stockdale anyone?

Spinal Tap said:
I'm not really interested in going toe to toe with you Alice. I just wanted to try and make a point. I do still respect you, but I think you take these threads a bit too far with your "pro-woman, men are just pigs" posts. I too, may make the same mistake with my "pro-men, women are just sluts" posts.

Why don't we just shake hands here, rather than try and do it after a knock down, drag out fight?

Well...by and large...I don't post "men are just pigs" posts. In fact, I think this is the only post in which I've called any man a pig relative to women. And it wasn't all men. It was one in particular. And I stand by what I said. And I think, in the end, Focus may find it useful information.

More often than not I participate in a lot of the "soft-blue" mayhem that goes on in here. I think others can attest that I think this is an adult board, that censorship isn't one of my values and that I've never objected to the Girlie Pic Thread. Only the excessive use of Anna Kournikova.

So, I'm willing to shake hands if you are.

On the other hand...for Anni's sake...Given that it's a hot slow day in the offseason with nothing much to talk about...

"What's a matter, Spinal? Afraid of getting beat by a girl?"

Kidding. Just kidding. I couldn't resist. That one was just hanging over the plate there.:thumb:

Back