OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

All I have to say is that it sucks to be so busy at work that you miss a thread like this and come in too late to pick over the carcass.

For the record, I think he should have dropped the extra 35 and gone for a revenge fu@k even if it didn't happen that day.

It's extremely possible that Ms Boobsaplenty might have felt guilty about robbing him blind and felt like making horizontal amends at another time.

I never really noticed Fusion until today. I will from now on assuming he comes back to defend himself.

Good luck! and this thread was good fun.

mgoblue101415 said:
This just reminds me of the Sienfeld episode with the "Big Salad". :LOL: There are certain rule differences between lunch and dinner dates.

My 2 cents. She is a classless idiot who gets by, and away with things, because of her looks. Women like that are the ones who give the rest of us a bad name.

If women can walk out on a date because a man is being to forward, or a creep, or just an idiot, then men have the same right to walk out on a woman under similiar circumstances.

And as to leaving her with the check.... The sad thing is that this woman probably got out of having to pay it. She probably cried to the manager about how her date took off, stiffing her with the check... You know, a big sob story. Poor little me.

There are certain rule differences between lunch and dinner dates? Do please enumerate them for me. I'll be fascinated to hear them.

Whoever said that a women has a right to walk away from a date because a man is being a creep or idiot and stick them with the bill they promised they'd pay?

Now... any woman (or man) has every right and responsibility to walk away from a date if they're feeling abused or threatened.

But I think we've all been on dates that turned out to be less than what we wanted. Most of us stick it out. And behave decently and find a way to communicate -- with some sensitivity --sometime during or afterward that, sorry, I'm just not interested. Or alternately, we have to listen, as a grown-up, to the message that someone we want is not interested in us.

And we take our bill and disappointment and chalk it up to life and learning experience.

As Dropkick said, most of us would not sell our integrity for a bill of $45. If we do, then that's all our integrity is worth to us.

Originally posted by fusion99...Yesterday, I had a lunch date that I set with a cute little chick, whom I met at the gym on Wednesday.
Originally posted by bideau ....and a daughter who goes to the gym.
Is it me, or, does anybody see a coincidence here?

Re: Re: Re: OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

FallingAlice said:
You ask really good questions. Why am I thinking that you have a daughter?

yes, a daughter and a lot of nieces.

I never did a chew and screw in my life, I dated too many waitresses and heard about how they are sometimes forced to pay. also why I am a generous tipper.

I like how Fusion was honest and laid everything (but the girl) out in the open. We knew about the stop on the way and other aspects of the date that most men would have hid making themselves LOOK GOOD

Hawg73 said:

For the record, I think he should have dropped the extra 35 and gone for a revenge fu@k even if it didn't happen that day.

Exactly. See..that's what a smart man does.

Nine times out of ten it works. :thumb:

Seriously, I have many friends who ultimately married men that they didn't appreciate or even like on the first date.

This is why women are often attracted to older/mature men. They're so much smarter about these things.

A couple of points here:

First, we don't know how old Fusion is, but assuming drinks were being ordered, he's at least 21. At that age, I would expect the maturity level to be quite a bit higher.

Second, we only have his side of the story. Yeah, she may be a "gym whore", as was so gracefully pointed out. But she may be an ordinary woman who has very little sense of etiquette.

Whatever, it was an incredibly immature and classless way of handling it. Walk way with class, put her on the "do not call" list and make sure the rest of the gym hears about what happened.

FallingAlice said:
Seriously, I have many friends who ultimately married men that they didn't appreciate or even like on the first date.

If there was a second date,

your right about a man growing on a woman, how else does it explain a lineman built man like me marrying a triathlete. I was like mold on bread, I grew on her with my wit and charm and average looks

Re: Re: Re: Re: OT: Renegged on paying the tab for my lunch date yesterday. (long post)

mikiemo83 said:

I like how Fusion was honest and laid everything (but the girl) out in the open. We knew about the stop on the way and other aspects of the date that most men would have hid making themselves LOOK GOOD

Well, honesty counts for something I suppose.

The older you get, the more you realize that careful behavior and careful disclosure count for a lot more.

Especially if you want to get laid.

Ras-Al-Ghul said:
Is it me, or, does anybody see a coincidence here?

I guarantee you that if it was my daughter, she would have hunted him down and run his boxers up a flagpole as a warning to anyone else. She does not take BS from anyone.

Interesting thread, I wanted to respond to something slightly off topic but also in a way related.

I think it was Alice who said women would rather bed a gentleman than a pig. In my experience this may nat actually be the case.

Back in my club hopping days I noticed a phenomenon which to this day still don't understand.

There were guys in the clubs how could have been wearing a tattoo across their forheads saying "I am a self-centered, concieted asshat who is only here to get in your pants", and said guys had women dripping off them.

On more than one occasion I was told I was just too nice.

So, can any of our female posters enlighten me on this?

Benign Despot said:
They can't, it is one of the most, deepest and darkest rule of being.

FallingAlice said:
There are certain rule differences between lunch and dinner dates? Do please enumerate them for me. I'll be fascinated to hear them.

Whoever said that a women has a right to walk away from a date because a man is being a creep or idiot and stick them with the bill they promised they'd pay?

Now... any woman (or man) has every right and responsibility to walk away from a date if they're feeling abused or threatened.

But I think we've all been on dates that turned out to be less than what we wanted. Most of us stick it out. And behave decently and find a way to communicate -- with some sensitivity --sometime during or afterward that, sorry, I'm just not interested. Or alternately, we have to listen, as a grown-up, to the message that someone we want is not interested in us.

And we take our bill and disappointment and chalk it up to life and learning experience.

As Dropkick said, most of us would not sell our integrity for a bill of $45. If we do, then that's all our integrity is worth to us.

There are coffee dates, lunch dates, dinner dates, and there are unwritten rules at each.

Coffee dates - You order coffee or tea, maybe a piece of pie or a muffin, but nothing more.

Lunch dates - more casual than a dinner date. Alcohol is rarely ever ordered but in the instances it is, it should only be 1 drink. That is unless of course when making the date you say something along the lines of "would you like to go grab a drink? We can head out to lunch or something." Or if you make the lunch date at a sports bar. Expect drinking in that case as well. Lunch is usually a lighter meal, usually no appetizers.

Dinner dates - expect on laying some cash down. Appetizer, drinks, meal, maybe some dessert.

I usually try to follow the rule of ordering how the payee is ordering. If they order a drink then I will as well. But if the payee is ordering a soda or water, then I won't order alcohol. If they ask if you'd like an appetizer then I feel free to order one, if I'm in the mood for one. If the subject is not brought up then I don't even consider an appetizer.

And maybe I don't have a problem with fusion walking out because I've known a few people who have done it. Some have paid for the entire bill and called it a night, but some have simply apologized, stated what a disaster the evening is, laid down their portion of the bill and walked out. Isn't it better to have a person do that rather than having that person attempt to slit their wrists with a butter knife in order to end the misery they're experiencing?

Hell, I've been on dates, where the guy was paying, and the night was such a living hell that I gave him my portion of the check and walked out.

I guess some people just have a higher tolerance for misery than others. :shrug:

mgoblue101415 said:
There are coffee dates, lunch dates, dinner dates, and there are unwriten rules at each.

Coffee dates - You order coffee or tea, maybe a piece of pie or a muffin, but nothing more.

Lunch dates - more casual than a dinner date. Alcohol is rarely ever ordered but in the instances it is, it should only be 1 drink. That is unless of course when making the date you say something along the lines of "would you like to go grab a drink? We can head out to lunch or something." Or if you make the lunch date at a sports bar. Expect drinking in that case as well. Lunch is usually a lighter meal, usually no appetizers.

Dinner dates - expect on laying some cash down. Appetizer, drinks, meal, maybe some dessert.

I usually try to follow the rule of ordering how the payee is ordering. If they order a drink then I will as well. But if the payee is ordering a soda or water, then I won't order alcohol. If they ask if you'd like an appetizer then I feel free to order one, if I'm in the mood for one. If the subject is not brought up then I don't even consider an appetizer.

And maybe I don't have a problem with fusion walking out because I've known a few people who have done it. Some have paid for the entire bill and called it a night, but some have simply apologized, stated what a disaster the evening is, laid down their portion of the bill and walked out. Isn't it better to have a person do that rather than having that person attempt to slit their wrists with a butter knife in order to end the misery they're experiencing?

Hell, I've been on dates, where the guy was paying, and the night was such a living hell that I gave him my portion of the check and walked out.

I guess some people just have a higher tolerance for misery than others. :shrug:

MGO, I feel the same way as you do. Maybe it is a generational thing, but As I read your post, it made the most sense to me. :thumb:

*edit - the thing that they have an issue with in this (and I agree in the real world over my fantasy of the situation) is that he ditched her. so, she thought he was still there and he took off. That in hindsight is and was wrong.

Supkem said:
I don't know, I think she was a heifer.

Maybe This fission guy made the rest of the story up to hide his inadequacies concerning seafood. I mean who goes to a seafood resturant and orders Chicken?

He sould have ordered the Scrood and told her that he loved Fish, LOVED IT! can't get enough of it! That would have sent a signal to the Girl of what he was looking for. Instead he balked. "I'll have the Aztec Chicken" Right there she new the guy wasn't for real and she wasn't going to be Satisfied. Why not get something out of the deal? I don't blame her.

How could I have missed this classic post? How?

For the record, I disagree with Ken. I'm thinking that this might be post of the year... if for the only fact that it's so brilliant, goofy and veiled.

Kudos to you Supkem!

And yes, any man who's a real seafood lover is walking around with a huge comparative advantage over his competition. Especially if he doesn't have a huge comparative advantage otherwise.

FallingAlice said:
You, Spinal, are the perfect patsy for that kind of woman.

If you imagine that your incredibly demeaning attitudes toward the opposite sex don't play out -- clearly -- to women, then you're wrong.

Alice, I respect you a lot, but you're way off base here. I don't have a demeaning attitude towards the opposite sex. What I do have is a pretty good idea of what kind of girl, in particular, our man Fusion went out with.

You, somehow, have pontificated some master plan that this girl had going into the date. Like she planned out the whole thing and got exactly what she wanted (less the $40 bill). I think that she initially tried to really be nice and make a good impression. Then she got a couple of stiff drinks in her and the true slut came out to play.

See Alice, there's always another point of view.

FallingAlice said:
This is why women are often attracted to older/mature men. They're so much smarter about these things.
I always thought they were after their Social Security checks!

Back in the very late 70's and early 80's I was a crowd control facilitator at a local night spot, Suggler's Den, and saw many, many attempts at picking up girls and guys.

The best delivery and attempt I ever witnessed was from a regular that everyone liked. He was a local attorney and barfly. About 5'4" and weighed about 130lbs. and about 60-65yrs. old.

Once a weekend he would leave with a member of the opposite. Sometime, prior to him leave, I would notice talking to several ladies and they would scream with laughter or be repulsed at his comments. One time I asked him what he said.

He told me that he would go up to a girl/lady and tell them that he was too old to go through all the BS in trying to get a date with her and asked her if she would just want to go back to his place to f**k. He said he figured that the line never worked 9 out of 10 times, but that 1 time................

Benign Despot said:
Interesting thread, I wanted to respond to something slightly off topic but also in a way related.

I think it was Alice who said women would rather bed a gentleman than a pig. In my experience this may nat actually be the case.

Back in my club hopping days I noticed a phenomenon which to this day still don't understand.

There were guys in the clubs how could have been wearing a tattoo across their forheads saying "I am a self-centered, concieted asshat who is only here to get in your pants", and said guys had women dripping off them.

On more than one occasion I was told I was just too nice.

My husband suffered the same fate.

He'd always go to clubs (before we met) with this scumbag friend of his. Well, nice guy, just a scumbag to women. Anyway, this guy would always end up with quite a few women around him while my poor, nice hubby was left woman-less.

And speaking as a woman.... I always went for the gorgeous, rich, great body guys, who of course, 99% of the time wer actually jerks. I actually broke up with a guy by telling him he was too nice. Treated me like a queen but always had to be with me. Way too clingy. I guess I preferred a guy who ignored me to a guy who hung on me. :shrug:

Spinal Tap said:
Alice, I respect you a lot, but you're way off base here. I don't have a demeaning attitude towards the opposite sex. What I do have is a pretty good idea of what kind of girl, in particular, our man Fusion went out with.

You, somehow, have pontificated some master plan that this girl had going into the date. Like she planned out the whole thing and got exactly what she wanted (less the $40 bill). I think that she initially tried to really be nice and make a good impression. Then she got a couple of stiff drinks in her and the true slut came out to play.

See Alice, there's always another point of view.

Well, I was curious about her view of the girl too (she didn't respond to my post, but it was at the end of a page which people usually miss.)

I think Alice has a valid point, but not completely. Not every man or woman is the same. There are bad men and there are also bad women. Though her views of this young man are well known, I was curious as to her thoughts on the young lady's behavior.

Back