OT - Some PC Help please

Denism

Conas ata t?
Reaction score
can any of ye computer experts out there help me with something;)

I bought a new laptop that has vista on it instead of xp.

So ive put all my sites on my desktop (as in this site) that i use but they all have the same Icon, when i had them on xp, i was able to put icons on them myself but i cant seem to change these ones

Packages like IconPackager only change your Windows Icons, not the sites that you add

Any idea's guys?

Sorry man, when I have pc problems I use a BFH

BFH.jpg

It doesn't help the pc but I feel a lot better afterward. :D

can any of ye computer experts out there help me with something;)

I bought a new laptop that has vista on it instead of xp.

So ive put all my sites on my desktop (as in this site) that i use but they all have the same Icon, when i had them on xp, i was able to put icons on them myself but i cant seem to change these ones

Packages like IconPackager only change your Windows Icons, not the sites that you add

Any idea's guys?

You mean you can't change the icon in Vista the same way you would in XP?

This site says that Vista works the same as XP.

Also, IconPackager 3.2 supposedly can support Vista. If you bought a previous version you may be able to get an upgrade for free, or at least a lot cheaper.

Yeah I use vista and after creating a desktop short cut i left click the mouse and select properities and then slect change icon. I'm kind of curious why you just don't set up a link in your favorites? Thats what I do. Create a new folder in favorites "sports" and then save the url there.

Yeah I use vista and after creating a desktop short cut i left click the mouse and select properities and then slect change icon. I'm kind of curious why you just don't set up a link in your favorites? Thats what I do. Create a new folder in favorites "sports" and then save the url there.

strange! because when i select properties, i dont get the change icon option like i did in xp. see the pic below, thats the same icon that all my sites are and there is the only options i get, no change icon button?

You mean you can't change the icon in Vista the same way you would in XP?

This site says that Vista works the same as XP.

Also, IconPackager 3.2 supposedly can support Vista. If you bought a previous version you may be able to get an upgrade for free, or at least a lot cheaper.

ya O_P_T, thats only for the Vista icons, not sites that u add yourself (see my pic in other reply above)

I Guess it cant be done so:(

Back