Parcells Deserves Patriots HOF Honor

93North

19.2 Yard Average Per Catch. NFL Record
Reaction score
It's a shame that the Patriots put Parcells up against Ty Law.

Without Parcells, I doubt we would have a franchise.
Parcells ended the reign of the laughingstock Patriots, made us relevant,
and built a great core of players that unexpectedly took us to the 1996 Superbowl.

Ty Law deserves to go into Patriots HOF, but not before Parcells.

Either way you feel, goto patriots.com and vote.

He also indirectly brought BB here.

Not on purpose... in fact, he did everything in his power to prevent that from happening.

Parcells did bring respectability back to this franchise, but then he sh*t all over it. Threw in the towel during a SUPER BOWL ferchrissakes, back when this team had NONE.

He's a fat tunafish and if he gets in I'm going to take A FLAMETHROWER TO THIS FVCKIN PLACE....

Okay, that last part is kinda extreme, but he's not getting my vote.... not over those other two.

Not on purpose... in fact, he did everything in his power to prevent that from happening.

Parcells did bring respectability back to this franchise, but then he sh*t all over it. Threw in the towel during a SUPER BOWL ferchrissakes, back when this team had NONE.

He's a fat tunafish and if he gets in I'm going to take A FLAMETHROWER TO THIS FVCKIN PLACE....

Okay, that last part is kinda extreme, but he's not getting my vote.... not over those other two.

What I meant was, when he was the coach, BB came with him. BB and Kraft got to know each other, then, after the Petey experience, history was made.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/16/bertrand-parcells-doesnt-belong-in-patriots-hall-of-fame/

BOSTON (CBS) - It may be a typical Wednesday afternoon, but that didn’t stop Marc “The Beetle” Bertrand from coming in with a scorching hot sports take. Bertrand believes that despite the common belief that Parcells resurrected the Patriots organization, there is no place from him in New England’s Hall of Fame.

Parcells is one of three finalists for a spot in Foxboro’s Hall this year, along with fan-favorite Ty Law, and three-time Pro Bowl cornerback Raymond Clayborn. Bertrand said that Law would be his pick, but both former players deserve to be in before the former coach.
“I don’t think he should get in at all, to be honest with you, because I think you want your team Hall of Fame to really mean something.”
He went on to cite the Red Sox Hall of Fame as a saturated exhibit that doesn’t mean anything, and said that he’d want the Patriots’ Hall to be more like the San Francisco 49ers’, where there are NFL hall of famers that still haven’t made the cut.

“I’m not letting Parcells in. I’m letting one (coach) in, and that’s Bill Belichick.” He went on to argue that Parcells’ work in New England is overrated because he was here at the right time. He acknowledged that Parcells turned the team around, but sees that as a result of timing more than anything else.

He then went on to point out that he was a .500 coach in New England. Parcells was 32-32 in the regular season, and 2-2 in the playoffs. Bertrand also feels that fans let him off the hook for the way he behaved prior to the 1997 Super Bowl, where in the time leading up to the game he was, “Basically interviewing for other jobs.”

Mazz disagreed, saying that the landscape of the franchise changed the moment he stepped foot in Foxboro and pointed out that, “Sometimes it’s about more than wins and losses.”
Does Parcells Belong In The Patriots Hall Of Fame?

I agree with the Beetle. Any good Parcells did in NE was diminished by his juvenile ego and pouty unprofessionalism.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/16/bertrand-parcells-doesnt-belong-in-patriots-hall-of-fame/

BOSTON (CBS) - It may be a typical Wednesday afternoon, but that didn’t stop Marc “The Beetle” Bertrand from coming in with a scorching hot sports take. Bertrand believes that despite the common belief that Parcells resurrected the Patriots organization, there is no place from him in New England’s Hall of Fame.

Parcells is one of three finalists for a spot in Foxboro’s Hall this year, along with fan-favorite Ty Law, and three-time Pro Bowl cornerback Raymond Clayborn. Bertrand said that Law would be his pick, but both former players deserve to be in before the former coach.
“I don’t think he should get in at all, to be honest with you, because I think you want your team Hall of Fame to really mean something.”
He went on to cite the Red Sox Hall of Fame as a saturated exhibit that doesn’t mean anything, and said that he’d want the Patriots’ Hall to be more like the San Francisco 49ers’, where there are NFL hall of famers that still haven’t made the cut.

“I’m not letting Parcells in. I’m letting one (coach) in, and that’s Bill Belichick.” He went on to argue that Parcells’ work in New England is overrated because he was here at the right time. He acknowledged that Parcells turned the team around, but sees that as a result of timing more than anything else.

He then went on to point out that he was a .500 coach in New England. Parcells was 32-32 in the regular season, and 2-2 in the playoffs. Bertrand also feels that fans let him off the hook for the way he behaved prior to the 1997 Super Bowl, where in the time leading up to the game he was, “Basically interviewing for other jobs.”

Mazz disagreed, saying that the landscape of the franchise changed the moment he stepped foot in Foxboro and pointed out that, “Sometimes it’s about more than wins and losses.”
Does Parcells Belong In The Patriots Hall Of Fame?

I agree with the Beetle. Any good Parcells did in NE was diminished by his juvenile ego and pouty unprofessionalism.

Ummmm.... I agree with that SLUG Bertrand...?!?!?!?!? :OMG:

I may have to rethink this... :shrug:

Thanks for the reminders - I'd forgotten how Parcells was thinking only of himself when he was supposed to be preparing the team for the SB !

Gina

I have mixed feelings on one hand he brought legitimacy to the franchise. On the other hand he was talking to the Jets when he should've been focusing on the Super Bowl. I think that probably kills the chances on Hof.

Raymond Berry (the first Pats coach to ever win a playoff game, as well as get them to a superbowl) should go in the Pats hall of fame before Parcells.

he was talking to the Jets when he should've been focusing on the Super Bowl. I think that probably kills the chances on Hof.

I think he was really pissed @ Kraft for overruling him on the Terry Glenn draft pick.

Kraft wasn't the owner then that he is now. Didn't he flirt with moving the team?

Raymond Berry (the first Pats coach to ever win a playoff game, as well as get them to a superbowl) should go in the Pats hall of fame before Parcells.

This. Or Petey Carroll who had a better record than Parcells did when he was here.

Parcells forfeited his chance at any Patriots recognition when he was busy tampering with the Jets, when he should have been game planning to put a TE next to Max Lane to chip on Reggie White. Or to give Curtis Martin more touches when he was gashing the middle of the Packers defense.

So no. **** Bill Parcells. Turning a horrible team into a good one after helping to draft a franchise QB, should he really get a ton of credit for that? I mean, that's all Polian ever did. Do we hold Polian in that same regard? Wow, he didn't screw up the #1 overall pick. Good work. He won exactly one more playoff game than Pete Carroll. Yay. :coffee:

This. Or Petey Carroll who had a better record than Parcells did when he was here.

Parcells forfeited his chance at any Patriots recognition when he was busy tampering with the Jets, when he should have been game planning to put a TE next to Max Lane to chip on Reggie White. Or to give Curtis Martin more touches when he was gashing the middle of the Packers defense.

So no. **** Bill Parcells. Turning a horrible team into a good one after helping to draft a franchise QB, should he really get a ton of credit for that? I mean, that's all Polian ever did. Do we hold Polian in that same regard? Wow, he didn't screw up the #1 overall pick. Good work. He won exactly one more playoff game than Pete Carroll. Yay. :coffee:

Polian didn't coach the Colts. Parcells turned a bunch of turkeys into a unit that could execute on both sides of the ball.

Pretty sure if Parcells didn't take the Pats job (and add much needed legitmacy to the franchise), Kraft would have not have bought the team and this franchise would have moved to St. Louis.

The crap that went down before SB 31 was bad, but let's not pretend he's Judas either. I say absolutely put him into the Pats HOF.

Pretty sure if Parcells didn't take the Pats job (and add much needed legitmacy to the franchise), Kraft would have not have bought the team and this franchise would have moved to St. Louis.

The crap that went down before SB 31 was bad, but let's not pretend he's Judas either. I say absolutely put him into the Pats HOF.

He'd make a great doorstop :coffee:

Greatest thing Parcels did in New England was to leave and teach Kraft to stay out of the Football Operations.

Back