Patriots 2021 cuts, signings, and practice squad

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1433119795340320770

The only reason I can think is that BB wants to save space on the 53 for now. Eventually, he'll come back to the 53 but BB has 2 weeks to get it done.
Also read this, if a vested veteran is on your 53 for Week 1, his salary becomes fully guaranteed. To get around this, you'll see teams sign a vet to practice squad for Week 1, even elevate them on game day, then sign them to the 53 in Week 2.

I'm fine with keeping Hoyer on the practice squad for a week or so to have space to manipulate the roster, but I would REALLY like to have him on the 53 so he can suit up as Mac's backup on opening day.

I'm fine with keeping Hoyer on the practice squad for a week or so to have space to manipulate the roster, but I would REALLY like to have him on the 53 so he can suit up as Mac's backup on opening day.

Nick Folk was added to the practice squad last year then elevated on game day. Quite possibly that's what BB will do come week 1.

They also release LB Harvey Langi to make room for Perry (the navy guy). When Harry officially goes to IR, it is expected Langi will be re-signed.

Keeping Folk on the practice squad seems kind of pointless considering any team can sign him to their active roster if they need him and can entice him with enough money. Do they really need to see him practice? Maybe I don't understand the practice squad rules. Can anyone explain why they are doing this?

On a separate note, I am always curious about who would be the emergency QB now that Edelman is retired. I am guessing my Jakobi Meyers?

Keeping Folk on the practice squad seems kind of pointless considering any team can sign him to their active roster if they need him and can entice him with enough money. Do they really need to see him practice? Maybe I don't understand the practice squad rules. Can anyone explain why they are doing this?

On a separate note, I am always curious about who would be the emergency QB now that Edelman is retired. I am guessing my Jakobi Meyers?

Hoyer, Gilbert or Malcolm Perry

They can pay him to wait.

There’s probably some rule that prevents them from hiring him as a coach or perhaps Bob Kraft’s masseuse just to keep him in town. Still I am surprised they aren’t even trying to cheat.
They CAN pay him to sit on the practice squad and wait for Nordin to either get his head straight or not.

There’s probably some rule that prevents them from hiring him as a coach or perhaps Bob Kraft’s masseuse just to keep him in town. Still I am surprised they aren’t even trying to cheat.
:4321: :rofl:

Back