Patriots accused of filming Bengals from press box - BS or fact?

The video footage is exactly what was described to us. Not sure why everyone thinks this is some new, damning evidence.

I am so f#cking sick and tired of defending this team time and time again.

I honestly believe that nothing happened here but with the history, it looks bad.

JHC, can Kraft come out and say something?

I will be interested in seeing what the penalty that is handed down by the NFL on the Pats.

Also, be nice to know what else is on the tape and know the percentage of the sideline footage is to the entire content on the tape.

The thing that folks will run with is that the tape was stopped when they were filming the sideline, leaving folks to be able to say that who knows they might of taped the entire game.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I honestly believe that nothing happened here but with the history, it looks bad.

I am tired too, i spent a few hours on Chiefs Planet the other day trying to make a few points and they would not listen. I can understand folks of other teams being frustrated.

Sure Kraft can say something which i hope he would. At the same time though the act was done by a branch of the Pats, and thus i can see the NFL still coming down on the Pats.

Time will tell.

I would hate to think the NFL will try to create another drawn out saga.

I will be interested in seeing what the penalty that is handed down by the NFL on the Pats.

Also, be nice to know what else is on the tape and know the percentage of the sideline footage is to the entire content on the tape.

The thing that folks will run with is that the tape was stopped when they were filming the sideline, leaving folks to be able to say that who knows they might of taped the entire game.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

I am tired too, i spent a few hours on Chiefs Planet the other day trying to make a few points and they would not listen. I can understand folks of other teams being frustrated.

Sure Kraft can say something which i hope he would. At the same time though the act was done by a branch of the Pats, and thus i can see the NFL still coming down on the Pats.

Time will tell.

I would hate to think the NFL will try to create another drawn out saga.

Why would you ever expect the troglodyte fans of this league to listen? Just make fun of them and move on.

Why do these things always seem to begin with a trip to the rest room?
Also who gave the video to Jay Glazier to bring to Fox?

See, there's the link! The rest room! :wink:

Much ado about nothing, but the dimwits in the NFL HQ didn't believe simple science facts in Deflategate, either.

The video footage is pretty damning. This pisses me off beyond belief. I could care less about any fine, but they'll likely be dinged at least a 1st round pick in 2020 and it's not really the most ideal draft to not have one of those.

I know that any team could have made this mistake, but the Patriots have zero margin for error in this regard and therefore, should have been the last franchise to make such a blunder.

I saw a brief portion the other day. I didn’t think it was all that inflammatory. It’s pretty obvious to me they intended to use a few cutaways to show what the advance scout would be monitoring. I’ve posted links to many of these Do Your Job series. They do a great behind the scenes.

They got clearance from the league. If the league was subsequently going to come down like hard asses they should have just declined permission for cameras in the press box or had a league official present to tell them what they would or would not allow to take place.

Everything was above the board, but now they are spinning it due to Cincys reaction. Notice the Browns silence on it. They approved it because it was probably explained to them better.

Kraft Productions still could have handled it better.

I saw a brief portion the other day. I didn’t think it was all that inflammatory. It’s pretty obvious to me they intended to use a few cutaways to show what the advance scout would be monitoring. I’ve posted links to many of these Do Your Job series. They do a great behind the scenes.

They got clearance from the league. If the league was subsequently going to come down like hard asses they should have just declined permission for cameras in the press box or had a league official present to tell them what they would or would not allow to take place.

Everything was above the board, but now they are spinning it due to Cincys reaction. Notice the Browns silence on it. They approved it because it was probably explained to them better.

Wait....is this true? I read that they didn't get permission from the league. If this is true, then there better be zero punishment.

Bobs not having his sharpest year

Babooshka Schmuck

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

For health reasons, I wouldn't give a fuck about what they did. It shouldn't be on your shoulders. :shrug_n:

You don't own the team.

May have jumped the gun there. I know the got clearance from Cleve.
That's part of the issue is that they only cleared it with Cleveland.

What I'm not clear on is if they have done this in the past with clearance from all sides and just screwed up this one time.

Scout? What scout? I didn't see any scout

Permission was granted from the Browns. It was up to the Browns to notify the Bengals and they didn't according to what Polian said on NFL SiriusXM late last week. Polian was on teh competition committee and said he helped draw up these rules. He thought the Browns should also get a smaller punishment. He didn't think the league notification was all that necessary but would have been nice.

He said the rules absolutely forbid any taping of any sideline from the coaches' box. Forbidden. No discussion. He cited chapter and verse.

This is a statement from the producer which was released today:
this sucks, good guy, honest mistake.

Bobs not having his sharpest year
nope

Katt Williams once said "If people been accusing you of smoking crack for 20 years, Bitch, you is smoking crack!!"
like for 20 years we said teh Bills suck, you suck (implying Bills suck)

Scout? What scout? I didn't see any scout
no scout needed, this was purely a way to cheat and I love it- hell I suggest they get that camera Churro thing Fox had on their pre-game show and film more!!! and then I hope we put a beating on teh Bills this week and end their run.

Permission was granted from the Browns. It was up to the Browns to notify the Bengals and they didn't according to what Polian said on NFL SiriusXM late last week. Polian was on teh competition committee and said he helped draw up these rules. He thought the Browns should also get a smaller punishment. He didn't think the league notification was all that necessary but would have been nice.

He said the rules absolutely forbid any taping of any sideline from the coaches' box. Forbidden. No discussion. He cited chapter and verse.

BB had nothing to do with it. Babooshka should be personally punished, not the Pats. Suspend him for 2020...

For health reasons, I wouldn't give a fuck about what they did. It shouldn't be on your shoulders. :shrug_n:

You don't own the team.

I mean you're right, but it's frustrating to see your favorite team not get the credit it deserves for unprecedented greatness because of "cheating" and to not have conversations/debates with other fan bases without it turning into childish and hypocritical cheatriot rants. I've pretty much stopped caring about that stuff, but that's taken some of that enjoyment away.

I mean you're right, but it's frustrating to see your favorite team not get the credit it deserves for unprecedented greatness because of "cheating" and to not have conversations/debates with other fan bases without it turning into childish and hypocritical cheatriot rants. I've pretty much stopped caring about that stuff, but that's taken some of that enjoyment away.

It 's annoying, yes. But, it's best to tune that BS out.

Back