Patriots at Revens: Official Game Thread

However, these types of people are the ones I can't stand..do people just not give a sh1t about eachother anymore?

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ng-torrey-smith-tweet/70001046/1#.UGDVdq5ov1U

1) people have never given a shit about each other. Ever.

2) People I can't stand: people who reach into twitterspher to pull out an a golden turd, acting like Billy Mays. "LOOK!!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND, ON THE INTERWEBS NO LESS!! (Insert a twitter feed of someone you want to casually attempt to associate with an entire team fanbase, religion, polictical party, State, etc, under the guise of "nah man I'm just pointing at this 1 person, I mean can you imagine people like this exist" ) FAN BEING A DOUCHE.OMGOMGOMG:eek:hnoez:"

3) Go away. :wave:

1) people have never given a shit about each other. Ever.

2) People I can't stand: people who reach into twitterspher to pull out an a golden turd, acting like Billy Mays. "LOOK!!! LOOK WHAT I FOUND, ON THE INTERWEBS NO LESS!! (Insert a twitter feed of someone you want to casually attempt to associate with an entire team fanbase, religion, polictical party, State, etc, under the guise of "nah man I'm just pointing at this 1 person, I mean can you imagine people like this exist" ) FAN BEING A DOUCHE.OMGOMGOMG:eek:hnoez:"

3) Go away. :wave:

Is he from the land of Douche Bagastan? He might be their king!
Posted via Mobile Device

I say 9 1/2 or 10

I was in Baltimore and I will say all I got was "don't wear your pats stuff you will hear it" and I refused to listen and I did wear it..One out of 1000 was a drunk douche and the asshat near me was told to shut up by his girlfriend along with everyone around him telling him to settle down..hell I was invited to more tailgates on my way out for being a proud fan travelling to see a game. A much different crowd than I expected, loud and passionate about football without being asshats.

I do understand why the few Pats fans that were dooshes did get grief but it was deserved and I wanted to slap a couple myself.

With that said it was an ugly game and I would have said it was an ugly game no matter the outcome and that was paritally on your Coach (the family are a bit egotistic as evident with him getting on the bench and acting like he won a superbowl after the game) for not controlling his players and the Replacement Ref's for not having a clue about the rules of the NFL.

I thought the Bengals of Early Lewis/Palmer were dressed in purple.

Glad it was a good time. Not a fan of making someone's life miserable at a game (i.e. Philly). How'd the FG look live?

Glad it was a good time. Not a fan of making someone's life miserable at a game (i.e. Philly). How'd the FG look live?

wide right....:stirpot:
it looked wide right but I was sitting diagonally in the other end and wearing beer googles.Loved walking from my hotel to the bars to the game and back. MANY FANS AROUND ME THOUGHT HE MISSED IT

Philly wasn't bad surpisingly, it was Pittsburg that sucked the place was a sh!thole with obnoxious fans. One chick hit me with a poster about 5-6 times and I told her if she continues to flirt and turn me on she is in charge of the happy ending, it stopped but the old lady besider started :D

it looked wide right but I was sitting diagonally in the other end and wearing beer googles.Loved walking from my hotel to the bars to the game and back. MANY FANS AROUND ME THOUGHT HE MISSED IT

Philly wasn't bad surpisingly, it was Pittsburg that sucked the place was a sh!thole with obnoxious fans. One chick hit me with a poster about 5-6 times and I told her if she continues to flirt and turn me on she is in charge of the happy ending, it stopped but the old lady besider started :D

Unfortunately, I think so too looking at the videos. They must of felt the need to give us the FG in memory of Billy.

I dislike everything Pitt.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...eferees-were-bad-new-england-patriots-blew-it

Moving beyond the bad calls

Yes, the referees were bad, but the Patriots blew their chances in Baltimore

Updated: September 24, 2012, 3:14 PM ET
<cite class="source"> By Tedy Bruschi | ESPNBoston.com</cite>

Join my weekly chat every Monday to have your question considered for the weekly Bruschi on Tap Q&A. Here we go with some thoughts on the Patriots' Week 3 loss to the Baltimore Ravens. We have a lot to talk about.
Q. What is your take on the replacement refs? -- Xavior W. (Henrico County, VA.)
A. They are struggling. It's obvious. They can't be expected to do a good job when they've never seen this level of football before. But the NFL and the owners, these guys are professional businessmen. They're not going to be pushed around by a bunch of part-time employees. It went down to the wire when they were negotiating with the players, and the players are the essence of the league. I think all the fans are starting to realize how important the regular officials are, but maybe this is something where the players have to step in and say 'We're not playing anymore until the officials come back.'
Player safety is becoming a serious issue. Defensive players are reverting back to their old ways, when they were taught to put their helmet underneath an offensive player's facemask and hit him right under the chin. Case in point: the hits Matt Schaub took in Denver.
[+] Enlarge<cite>Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images</cite>Bill Belichick wasn't the only one frustrated by the officiating on Sunday, but to dwell on it won't help this young Patriots team.

Q. Thanks for taking the time Tedy. My problem with the game last night was that it was like watching three teams playing -- Patriots, Ravens and the Refs. I am not saying that the Pats lost because of the refs. but with all the controversial calls last night I have no idea which team really should have won. Have to feel for Devin McCourty -- he got victimized on a couple bad calls. How does the NFL/Roger Goodell support such officiating when it makes the game so hard to watch? -- Jesse (Bentley University)
A. Jesse, I think the right team won last night. When it comes down to it, three touchdowns were a direct result of Patriots miscues. You can say that they weren't penalties, but if the flag is thrown, it's a penalty. That's how football players must look at it. The Jerod Mayo penalty on third-and-6 led to a TD. The McCourty penalty led to a TD. And poor tackling by Steve Gregory and McCourty led to a Dennis Pitta TD. Let's also remember Kyle Arrington falling down when Joe Flacco gift-wrapped an INT for him.
Q. Tedy, you said earlier that if you have a football team full of players that let the officials affect the way that they play, they are not mentally tough. So do you think this team is mentally tough or is the youth of the team affecting its success? -- Charlie B. (Murray, Utah)
A. I do feel this team is mentally tough. This is a situation that many of them haven't been in. I was on the team in 2003 when we lost to Buffalo 31-0 in the season opener. I know how some of those players will respond. But many of them, I do not. That's something still to be seen, because a lot of these young players have had so much success early in their careers, they've never been in a spot like this. Now you're taking a 1-2 record into Buffalo, I think this is a huge test this week, one of the biggest tests they've had in recent years.

[+] Enlarge<cite>Mitch Stringer/US Presswire</cite>Kyle Arrington didn't have his best day for the Patriots. Not only was he beat by Torrey Smith, but he failed to grab an easy interception late in the game.

Q. Tedy, I was very impressed with Tom Brady and the offense. Tommy was very sharp and I don't remember a pass that was even close to being picked off. Joe Flacco threw a number of balls that should have been picks. Several were saying Flacco outplayed Brady again, but I didn't see that at all. I thought the Pats played very good in a very hostile environment, and really feel that things will be different if we meet again this year. Agree? -- Josh (Tuolumne, Calif.)
A. I agree with you, Josh, that Tom Brady looked crisp last night. I was most impressed with the offensive line. Every week, Logan Mankins seems to be getting stronger. The interior of the offensive line looks like it's going to be Ryan Wendel at center, Logan Mankins at left guard and Dan Connolly at right guard. I thought they did really well protecting Brady and controlling the beast of Baltimore's defense in Haloti Ngata, Terrence Cody and Ma'ake emoeatu. In the 2-minute drive before the half, Brady could have had a picnic back there.
Q. Tedy, what are your feelings in regards to Josh McDaniels' play calling? It just seems like there has been too much emphasis on "cute" stuff rather than efficient and effective play calls. I think I might rip my hair out if I see Danny Woodhead come up 3 yards short on another third-down draw. -- Aaron (The Cube)
A. Aaron, Josh has been calling games this way even when he was the coordinator the first time around here. It's part of his formula. I like the way he can utilize the zone runs with Stevan Ridley, the sub runs with Woodhead, end-arounds with Edelman, and still implement a sugar-huddle offense with Tom Brady and the passing attack. That's a true strength of this offense. Defenses game-plan against them not knowing what they're going to get until game-day. This attack is anything but one-dimensional and I see it as a strength. When it doesn't work, Aaron, that's when you start to question it. But there have been plenty of these unorthodox playcalls that have not only been successful but set up other things down the road.

[+] Enlarge<cite>Patrick Smith/Getty Images</cite>Danny Woodhead was used often Sunday night as a complementary back when the Pats were in their spread packages, but was not especially effective.

Q. Tedy, there were some interceptions that were not made last night and Kyle Arrington could have had one as well if he had not fallen down. Is it that simple or was the lack of pass rush on Flacco equally to blame for the poor performance on defense? -- David (North Attleborough, Mass.)
A. If Arrington would have kept his feet, that would have been a huge play. But Flacco wasn't sacked and wasn't even hit, according to the official gamebook. When he was sacked, there was a penalty on the back end of the defense and it didn't count. That is very frustrating to go through for a defense. But I will give Flacco this -- he was 16 for 25 for 211 yards and 3 TDs outside the numbers (according to ESPN Stats & Information). In a Patriot-coached defense, and defensive fundamentals in general, you want to take away the easy throws; those are in between the numbers. So you're forcing the QB to make low-percentage throws and he's making them. Let's credit Flacco some on that.
Q. How important was last night's game? I have a bad feeling this loss will come back to bite us in the postseason. Baltimore holding the tie breaker, which gives them home field advantage, could be huge come playoff time. -- Mitch (Back Bay)
A, Right now, what is haunting the Patriots is 1-2. They are last in the division. I'm not saying this week is a must-win, but can you imagine the Patriots at 1-3?
Q. Tedy, I really am sad. I came out of the game thinking "same old Patriots." The defense once again faltered at the end and the offense could not close out the game. One of the few silver linings for me were the performances of Brandon Lloyd and Wes Welker. Could you please offer some solace for us fans? Before the game I tried telling myself not to overreact in case of a loss, but I have the sinking feeling that we have seen this movie one too many times. -- Daniel A. (Guadalajara, Mexico)
A. That was a huge positive, Daniel, in what Welker and Lloyd were able to do. Lloyd was owning Cary Williams all night. He looked like the guy everyone was talking about, making tough catches. And Welker was beating Lardarius Webb, one of the better CBs in the NFL. This offense is only going to succeed when you beat man coverage, because good QBs like Tom Brady will slice apart zone coverage and defensive coordinators know this. So they put their best on your best and see who wins. To see Welker and Lloyd win those one-on-one battles last night was a positive thing to take toward the rest of the season.
Q. Tedy, why do Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels insist on using Woodhead to run the ball when Ridley is so much more effective? I don't know how many times Woody goes down behind the line with the slightest bit of contact that Ridley would attempt to fight off. What gives? -- Andrew (lone Pats fan in Maryland)

[+] Enlarge<cite>AP Photo/Nick Wass</cite>Despite a deadly pass-interference call against him Sunday night, Devin McCourty has improved from last season and shown promise.

A. Here is what I'm thinking about that one. The Patriots have defined roles for their RBs. When they want a physical presence with the run game, Ridley comes in. Bring in the TEs, run the zone blocking scheme, let him stretch the defense and make one cut and run downhill. He's the best they have to do that. Woodhead's role is the sub back. Runs out of shotgun. Draws. Not the workhorse back, but a complementary back when they are in their spread packages. That's what they were majoring in last night.
Q. Tedy, McCourty struggled last night despite seemingly being in position to make at least a few plays. Are his struggles due to lack of proper technique, instinct, or something else? -- Lynchy (Quincy, Mass.)
A. That pass interference penalty on McCourty was one of the first times I've seen him make a blatant error this year. You look at his stats and it's 7 tackles with 4 passes defended. Could he have made more plays? Sure, but I don't think this is a case of him reverting to his struggles of last year. He's the best cornerback the Patriots have. Let's pump the brakes a little bit on saying he's struggling.
Q. Do you think the Pats' defense will improve as the season progress? -- Ryan (Fort Bragg)
A. Ryan, like I said in our "Bruschi's Breakdown" last week -- in which both Mike Reiss and I picked the Ravens -- this team will be better after Thanksgiving than it is now. Not just defensively, but in all three phases. That's the beauty of the New England Patriots. They coach and practice and evaluate talent constantly throughout the season, with a goal to be playing their best in December. That happened last year and I anticipate it happening again. Is it automatic? No, but it's what that system is based on.

More at link.

Well thats all fine and good....refs don't matter, calls do not matter, then by God, they do not matter in the Green Bay Seattle game either. Best team won. Good luck getting anyone to say that.

LOL

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...bing-Ref/36f54332-ccda-4ca5-a0a0-7ee649d7d703

Baltimoreans Give Not-So-Warm Welcome To Hines
Perhaps the most despised player in Baltimore returned to the city, working as an analyst for NBC’s “Football Night in America.”
And apparently Baltimoreans weren’t too welcoming.
Ward said on his Facebook page that a flight attendant at the gate asked for confirmation that he was indeed the former Steelers receiver. After Ward confirmed his identity, the attendant said, “I hate you.” He got the same greeting from a man on the plane sitting next to him and a woman at the hotel.
After getting so many negative reactions, Ward said he was afraid to order crab cakes – one of his favorite foods – for fear that somebody would poison or spit on them.
“Guess what Ravens fans: I HATE you too but I will miss you guys the most,” Hines wrote. “I had a great 14-year run here and besides the Super Bowls, I will always cherish the Ravens-Steelers rivalry. THANKS for the great memories Ravens fan. But I'm part of a new team now, NBC. I'm even picking you guys to win tonight because I know how hard it is to play in the LION's DEN.
“But come on, I really just wanted to taste some of your great crab cakes. Can't we all just get along?”

:D

From Patspropaganda

Ray Rice had 5 catches for 49 yards. One of them came against Spikes and went for 27 yards, and the other 4 were against Mayo for 22 yards. It really makes me remember what good job Dane Fletcher did as a spy against Rice in 2010. Mayo is really our only linebacker right now with the speed to handle runningbacks and even he was getting smoked. Not sure what the answer is right now, it looks like an area of personnel weakness and I’d expect future teams to continue to attack it until the Pats prove they can stop it.

Fletcher is out hurt and as much as I hate to admit it, Bobby Carpenter would be better in coverage than any current LB. In fact, our LBs were totally invisible in the Ravens game.

Back