Patriots now have 11 straight 10+ wins per season

Nooooo! You are better than that! You know that Browns win was garbage.
If Pats play that way at Miami, they will lose.

A W is a W is a W and I'll take it....10-3. With all the injuries 10-3

I still believe this team can make some noise come playoff time. They've come much too far to give up, and Brady has led heroic comeback after heroic comeback. It has been quite a ride. It would be the ultimate to get his fourth ring given how difficult of a road it has been especially this year.

That said, I'm still really bummed about Gronk's injury to be happy.

Wet blanket here. 2013 Pats are going nowhere (Hope I am wrong). The injuries are enough to sink the ship, but if you look at the first half yesterday, with Gronk on the field, the offense was AWFUL. Having fallen behind Saints, Dolphins, Broncos... this was the game to right the ship and get ahead early (and I am sure Belichick hammered that message all week), and they came out and laid an egg.

For all that offensive fire-power, IT MAKES NO SENSE.

Don't be happy with that Browns win it indicates we have deep problems.

The Browns defense isn't that bad.

In terms of yardage they are a top ten defense.

The Browns defense isn't that bad.

In terms of yardage they are a top ten defense.

Number 3 in defense number 4 in passing defense. I wish our sucked that bad.

I think I get what that alt is saying. And I kinda agree. Sure I am happy with these wins.

But this is a no expectations season for me. (guessing thats the intent of the dead sportswriter here too). I don't look past any team and get that any team can beat this one more than any since 2002. The horrific performance in first halfs as of late just cements that attitude with me. Each game is up for grabs, and the playoffs will definitely be a gauntlet to run.

In a way I can enjoy these wins more, cuz I don't have these expectations. I wont feel terrible when and if they get bumped in the p.o.'s too. I can just sit back and enjoy the ride and where it takes me.

BB actually has 13 consecutive seasons above .500 with the Pats.

The Niners had 16 consecutive winning seasons under 3 different HCs. The last five of those seasons (Seifert, Mariucci) were under the salary cap.

AFAIK, the only HC with more than 13 consecutive winning seasons was Landry with 20, but those were all well before Free Agency and the Cap.

Nooooo! You are better than that! You know that Browns win was garbage.
If Pats play that way at Miami, they will lose.

Maybe. But it isn't a certainty.

And to those saying NE can't continue to win games in the manner they have been as of late, I say why can't they? Maybe logic tells you so, but this game isn't based in logic, and probabilities are still just calculated possibilities.

We have to take each game one at a time, even when the playoffs begin. We don't have to be the best team in the NFL, just the best team against our opponent on that given day. Sometimes we will face young QBs that BB can confuse, sometimes the weather will work in our favor, sometimes our special teams will go wild, sometimes BB will just out think the opposing coach. Just as long as we win that day is all that matters. Stranger things have happened. Tampa Bay won a Super Bowl, Baltimore won two, one with Joe Flacco and one with Trent Dilfer. It can be done.

For those of you who have not clicked on the link provided ( and it appears that a few have not) there is some good info on the charts worth taking a look at.

We have to take each game one at a time, even when the playoffs begin. We don't have to be the best team in the NFL, just the best team against our opponent on that given day. Sometimes we will face young QBs that BB can confuse, sometimes the weather will work in our favor, sometimes our special teams will go wild, sometimes BB will just out think the opposing coach. Just as long as we win that day is all that matters. Stranger things have happened. Tampa Bay won a Super Bowl, Baltimore won two, one with Joe Flacco and one with Trent Dilfer. It can be done.

Strange things have happened, the colts won a superbowl with Peyton Manning, can you believe that?

For those of you who see no way that the Pats can win can I assume you have not been a fan of this team for more than a decade? This team has as much of a chance as any Patriots team has ever had. I mean which team went in with the "best chance to win"? 2007? Undefeated? Which team had the least chance? 2001? J.R. Redmon? David Patton? Jermain Wiggins? Rod Rutledge? A young and fumbleitis prone Kevin Faulk? Troy Brown? Patrick Pass? Who were these guys before they won the Superbowl? Tom Brady? The guy who could not hold onto his starting job at Michigan? (Faulk, Brown and Brady are three of my favorite Patriots of all time, but they had not reached that status yet in 2001)

I realize that the injuries are multiplying. I realize that Gronk is their best offensive weapon for Brady. I realize that with Big Vince and Tommy Kelly out that the def line is weakened in the middle. I realize that with Mayo out that the LB crew is not the same. But this is a different team from the dominating offensive teams that some of you are accustomed to. This team is still exponentially better than anything we saw between 86-94. In my four year of college the Patriots won 14 games...I am LOVING this run and I look forward to being frustrated and happy watching my favorite team have a "down year". As stated above, imagine how good this team would be without the long term injuries? No one had this team at 10-3 (well maybe one or two of us here did). This team is playoff bound and should at least host a game and could have a bye...who would have thought that was possible?

Strange things have happened, the colts won a superbowl with Peyton Manning, can you believe that?

I know, I was there when the Colts came back from down 21-3 in the second quarter and beat us in the AFC Championship. I was celebrating at halftime with some other Patriot fans I sat with. I am still cursing Marlon Jackson.

bth_4c112101.jpg

The damn Victory Tour Curse lives!!

I know, I was there when the Colts came back from down 21-3 in the second quarter and beat us in the AFC Championship. I was celebrating at halftime with some other Patriot fans I sat with. I am still cursing Marlon Jackson.

I am cursing that pathetic receiving corp they stuck Brady with that year, to get that far he should have had a statue built. In fact is quite amazing that we played that well with the flu. :coffee:

I am cursing that pathetic receiving corp they stuck Brady with that year, to get that far he should have had a statue built. In fact is quite amazing that we played that well with the flu. :coffee:

You are so right. Our defense was finished on the final drive. They hit a couple of big passes early in the drive, but ran it down our throats for a lot of it, too. Our special teams were dominant as I remember it. BB has always tried to have good special teams. That $#$$## Caldwell's drop in the end zone didn't help TB out, either.

You are so right. Our defense was finished on the final drive. They hit a couple of big passes early in the drive, but ran it down our throats for a lot of it, too. Our special teams were dominant as I remember it. BB has always tried to have good special teams. That $#$$## Caldwell's drop in the end zone didn't help TB out, either.

Defense was gassed, their run game killed us. Colts did what they were supposed to do in the second half.

My thoughts on that final drive when Addai ran in the winning td.

I watched the America's Game about that colts team.

When the Colts got in the redzone, Manning, said he called a pass play. Marvin Harison said, no lets run it.

When I saw that I swear to this day that Harrison was scared to death that Manning would throw a pick & that's why he told him to run the ball.

When the Colts got in the redzone, Manning, said he called a pass play. Marvin Harison said, no lets run it.

When I saw that I swear to this day that Harrison was scared to death that Manning would throw a pick & that's why he told him to run the ball.

I am surprised Manning did what Harrison said.

And Manning did it because he didn't want to get shot in the face.

Back