Patriots Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 sacks given up. Not only Cannon and Ferentz were bad, Strange killed a couple drives

This week and last week may have been strange as two worst games. Not coincidentally it got bad after Andrew's left last week. Rookie's going to rookie, that's why they need a veteran hand to stabilize them.

Strange will be fine. That said, I would not mind day one and two offensive lineman (plural) in April. Unless we have multiple dramatic young players emerge, I don't think day one and two picks should be spent on anything except OL, DL, and LB.

Good for Wynn, maybe his footwork will be better.

I am concerned about the 320 lb DTs he will have to deal with, so for me wasn't a slam dunk to play him at guard.

I mean, me, when they drafted him. 🤷
I don't remember about the draft, but that was what the "experts" were saying at the time. By year 2 I was firmly on board, if he could stay on the field. Maybe the experts were on one of those right twice a day things. But you know when the line gets healthy, he will be back on the bench, probably.

Second year QB have a lot to figure out theres a whole year of film on them ..... If we go 10 and 7 I’ll be fine we’ve been spoiled.......

~Dee~

Last edited:
EB2F6246-8A27-4998-986D-E64885190D76.jpeg

Onwenu has been elite. Andrews has been average. Everyone else has played poorly. Strange has now dipped to having a below average season. 3 sacks 2 hits 3 penalties at midpoint is not a good left guard.

View attachment 13428

Onwenu has been elite. Andrews has been average. Everyone else has played poorly. Strange has now dipped to having a below average season. 3 sacks 2 hits 3 penalties at midpoint is not a good left guard.
Having 1 bad game lined up against a top-5 DT does not a below-average season make. He's had a hard game+, struggling against the Bears after Andrews went down as well.

He'll be fine, and should be significantly improved with an offseason in a good strength and conditioning program. Brown is more of a concern to me. He needs to turn it back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back