Patriots Offseason 2022

But, once again with Belichick, he seemingly can't win the public opinion FA game. He's often been accused of being too cheap to re-sign some guys or acquire quality ones from elsewhere. Then, when goes on a spree, as he did last offseason, he's accused of reckless spending. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
What you see depends on where you stand :coffee:

Watching the playoffs this year I think our offense can be good enough. We have to load up on defense. Go all in for next year draft and all and get speed.
If yesterday's (Saturday's) games proved anything, it's how important defenses are in the playoffs. Guess that's why they say defenses win championships.

If yesterday's (Saturday's) games proved anything, it's how important defenses are in the playoffs. Guess that's why they say defenses win championships.
Yep. The game might change with fancy offensive philosophies that are brought in from the college game, new thinking etc. But at the heard of it, in a sport where the playoffs are one and done, no second chances, defenses rein supreme.

Defense allied to a downhill pounding run game and a great FG kicker, it's almost a guaranteed recipe for success. The QB becomes less important in the playoffs in many ways.

What I learned is that teams that rely on the running game (Titans) can't keep up the scoring pace vs teams with a really good passing game.
The Titans are old school and couldn't make plays through the air when they needed to.
Great defenses can only do so much.

More than anything that game proved to me that the Patriots really need a binkie WR for Mac Jones this off season.
Such a WR would open things up for every other WR, the TEs and the running game. Just 1 really good WR would make a BIG difference.

Then BB can fix the D however he wants.

Do you agree with BB by giving Agholor, Smith, Mills, Bourne, Godchaux that much money? He never had to pay them that much. He did have to pay Judon and Henry that much, so I'm not going to complain on their deals.
I honest!y don't care one bit, but that's just me. All of them, certainly in varying degrees, made this year's team better than last year's team, so I'm fine with it.

What I learned is that teams that rely on the running game (Titans) can't keep up the scoring pace vs teams with a really good passing game.
The Titans are old school and couldn't make plays through the air when they needed to.

More than anything that game proved to me that the Patriots really need a binkie WR for Mac Jones this off season.
Such a WR would open things up for every other WR, the TEs and the running game. Just 1 really good WR would make a BIG difference.

I agree with much of what you believe, but I think a team with a premier running game has the ability to beat anyone provided they have a passing game led by a QB who doesn't throw 3 interceptions at critical moments.

Daniel Jeremiah said he has 7 WRs rated with a first round grade. Claims WR position is a strength.

Lucky for us WR and DB are both strengths of this draft.

I agree with much of what you believe, but I think a team with a premier running game has the abi!it to beat anyone provided they have a passing game led by a QB who doesn't throw 3 interceptions at critical moments.

A reliable running game.
And the passing game must be able to make key plays when needed.
And of course a stout D.
That's the model of those early Pats' dynasty teams.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Shhh 🤫 you can't say anything bad about BB drafting. Even if Your right 2020 was one of his worst drafts. Dugger & Onwenu being his only productive players. While 2021 was one of his best.

Shhh 🤫 you can't say anything bad about BB drafting. Even if Your right 2020 was one of his worst drafts. Dugger & Onwenu being his only productive players. While 2021 was one of his best.

I put Wino in same category as Uche . Only shown Flashes. Right now no matter how many times. People try to sugar coat it. All the facts are pointing to a bad draft .
A bad draft? Please, three straight bad drafts, not even debatable.

It is an incomplete grade for anyone not including BB trading around for players with draft picks. We got Trent Brown in 2018 for a draft pick is one example

Flashes so they can do it. Next we see if they can do it consistently. Calling Smith a bust after his first season the the Pats'

But, once again with Belichick, he seemingly can't win the public opinion FA game. He's often been accused of being too cheap to re-sign some guys or acquire quality ones from elsewhere. Then, when goes on a spree, as he did last offseason, he's accused of reckless spending. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
Look the entire reason we had to go on a spending spree is because Bill fucked up three straight draft classes. My point to the, "Bill can do no wrong crowd", is simply that if you want give him all the credit for the successes, then they have to equally recognize the failures. They don't want examine why the team is in the position it's in, they want give Bill all the credit for getting Hunter Henry, but they don't want to acknowledge that he wasted two draft picks on tight ends that can't play, and over 40 million in cap space to get one good player, not great, good. They don't want to look down the rabbit hole because if they are honest with themselves, they would have to admit that Bill has fucked this entire thing up and we should still be competing for Championships. By the way, after today Brady will likely be going back to another Division championship game, and now this is the part where the Bill apologists will claim that it wouldn't happen here. LOL

Look the entire reason we had to go on a spending spree is because Bill fucked up three straight draft classes. My point to the, "Bill can do no wrong crowd", is simply that if you want give him all the credit for the successes, then they have to equally recognize the failures. They don't want examine why the team is in the position it's in, they want give Bill all the credit for getting Hunter Henry, but they don't want to acknowledge that he wasted two draft picks on tight ends that can't play, and over 40 million in cap space to get one good player, not great, good. They don't want to look down the rabbit hole because if they are honest with themselves, they would have to admit that Bill fucked this entire thing and we should still be competing for Championships. By the way, after today Brady will likely be going back to another Division championship game, and now this is the part where the Bill apologists will claim that it wouldn't happen here. LOL

Just so you know most of us here have been complaining about the lousy drafts you're pointing out.
We don't disagree with you.

Yes, but when you have a great defense, it can cover up a pedestrian offense. The 2000 ravens, for instance, and our own Rams superbowl. 13 points is plenty enough when your defense holds the other team to 3.

Just so you know most of us here have been complaining about the lousy drafts you're pointing out.
We don't disagree with you.
I'm glad at least some here can discuss this realistically. It just seems like there is an aggressive group of fanboys that go mental if you question or criticize Bill in the slightest.

I'm glad at least some here can discuss this realistically. It just seems like there is an aggressive group of fanboys that go mental if you question or criticize Bill in the slightest.
If you think that is bad an entire forum needed to be created for another person.

Yup. Mac needs help at WR. Nelson was a bad sign unfortunately. Bourne panned out, Meyers is worth keeping. Still need an Edelman like slot and maybe a WR from Bama in the draft.

Back