Patriots Offseason 2022

Agree to disagree then.
I think Jonnu Smith will come around next year once the Pats begin using 2 TEs like we thought they would this year. He's perfect in the AHern role.

Agholor may come around if he can stick around. He needs to run catch point drills all day every day imo.

I think Jonnu Smith will come around next year once the Pats begin using 2 TEs like we thought they would this year. He's perfect in the AHern role.

Agholor may come around if he can stick around. He needs to run catch point drills all day every day imo.
Hopefully. I actually like both of them. BB did over pay for them though.

Another clear indication of how we've sucked at getting receivers here was last night. I mean who heard of Gabriel Davis before last night? He was 6th choice receiver, had 35 yards the whole regular season for the Bills yet pulls in 4 TDs last night in a spectacular performance

Another clear indication of how we've sucked at getting receivers here was last night. I mean who heard of Gabriel Davis before last night? He was 6th choice receiver, had 35 yards the whole regular season for the Bills yet pulls in 4 TDs last night in a spectacular performance
Sounds like Mike Cloud 2.0

Gabriel Davis has been lighting up teams for 5 or 6 weeks now. I knew who he was, I watched what he did when they lost to us. After that game he flipped a switch and became a TD machine. 11 TD's in 19 games (including the playoffs) since their loss to us he had 9 TD catches.

My issue with Agholor is, he has never been that game changer type of receiver. He has been a serviceable receiver but imo he isn't a WR1.

My issue with Agholor is, he has never been that game changer type of receiver. He has been a serviceable receiver but imo he isn't a WR1.

No, he isn't. I agree with that. He's a complementary piece. We need another fast WR who is more dependable than Agholor as a receiver. He could play any position...doesn't matter.
He could be rookie but a good rookie.

PS CB D'Angelo Ross is signing with the Dolphins.
He should be easy to replace.

I'm still trying to figure out why McDaniels is interested in Las Vegas. Lukewarm QB, nothing all that special about the roster or the region. If he was willing to stand pat for this long, why all of a sudden the (seemingly) genuine interest in Las Vegas, of all places?

I'm not at all plugged in so I do not know how much of this past offseason/draft was Belichick/Ziegler/Wolf, but losing Ziegler might hurt more than McDaniels, no?

The idea of losing a long-term, well-respected coach doesn't sound good, but candidly I'm not quite sure how to feel about McDaniels. Obviously he's extremely experienced and seems to know the game very well from a technical standpoint, but it really feels like there was a lot of meat left on the bone in terms of personnel utilization this past season. I'm not sure if someone like BoB is quite as heady as McDaniels, but he ran a helluva 2 TE offense in 2011 and had their best personnel on the field most of the time. Given BoB just OC'ed at 'Bama this past season (in what I understand is a similar offense to what Mac ran a year prior), he seems like a natural choice if McDaniels is gone, and I know Chevss has been banging this drum, too.

Can't say I feel good about any of this, but maybe some fresh blood and new eyes at the OC spot won't be a bad thing, if that does indeed end up being the case. As for Ziegler, I'm not sure, but that one might worry me a bit more than McDaniels (unless Wolf is an adequate/superior replacement for Ziegler's role, or Wolf has been doing more of the heavy lifting to begin with).

Back