Patriots Owner Robert Kraft Wants to See NFL Franchise in London

It's classic diplomacy on Kraft's part. The NFL can't have a franchise here (at least on its own) for a billion reasons which we have discussed on here and on Patsfans lots and lots and lots of times.

I have room for two Football teams in my life - the Pats and Exiles. I have no desire whatsoever to "become a fan" of a London NFL team and nor does anyone else I know (who actually follows/plays/participates in Football).

I reckon this will happen eventually

Theres too much money involved and too many people in the background pushing for this for it not to happen

Will prob take years but it will happen imo

And don't forget about that other country, Los Angeles. I know the people there are strange, dress funny, and speak a weird language, but there are a lot of them and they have money, so makes sense to have a team there as well before going to London.

True, and NFL Football has never had a team there*, so no one can say it's not a football town. :coffee:

*Well, except for the first season of the Chargers, and some time by the Rams and the Raiders

And don't forget about that other country, Los Angeles. I know the people there are strange, dress funny, and speak a weird language, but there are a lot of them and they have money, so makes sense to have a team there as well before going to London.

Hey! I represent that remark :mad:

I reckon this will happen eventually

Theres too much money involved and too many people in the background pushing for this for it not to happen

Will prob take years but it will happen imo

They'd be better of taking all of that money and seriously considering restarting NFL Europe as a developmental league.

Agreed, I was a huge fan of NFLE and was ticked they decided to disband it.

And with issues like this at home, why look abroad? Yes I know this is probably a segment they think they can never get here because of how good tvs are etc, but I am not so sure they've done their best to maximize fanbase here.

Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
Despite the NFL's popularity in America, only 31% of teams played to 100% capacity during the 2011 season.

1h Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
12.5% of NFL teams failed to average 85% capacity during 2011 season. Thats the new cutoff for TV blackouts.

1h Ben Maller ‏@benmaller
6.25% of the 256 NFL regular season games in 2011 were blacked out.

From the looks of the girl Kraft's been hanging out with, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to take 'his franchise' south of the border now too.

Back