Patriots Running Game

Patriots4ever

Running Up the Score
Reaction score
I'm done with #BallBagGate, let's talk football.

I have a serious question. I think the Patriots are going to have to have some sort of running game in order to beat the Seahawks. I thought GB did a decent job in this regard against them. I realize that they have the 3rd? rated rushing defense for what ever that is worth, but I still maintain that Blount will have to be a factor early and late. I also think Vereen and Edelman are match up problems for the Seahawks, but I see this being a close game, so TDs in the red zone are going to be paramount. Obviously, having a healthy Gronk will help in this area too.

Thoughts?

When Blount starts out, he is slow...it takes a while for him to get going. Similar to a steam train. When he gets it going though, he can be very good.

Gray has a faster start. Could be used more in the next game. He might match up better than Blount.

Vereen is smallish, but, fastest start. Very good receiver.

Bolden blows up old Studebakers. :cool:

In the Ravens playoff game the Pats running game was pretty much non existent.

I'm pretty much just rambling on...

BB will have a plan.

I have a serious question. I think the Patriots are going to have to have some sort of running game in order to beat the Seahawks. I thought GB did a decent job in this regard against them. I realize that they have the 3rd? rated rushing defense for what ever that is worth, but I still maintain that Blount will have to be a factor early and late. I also think Vereen and Edelman are match up problems for the Seahawks, but I see this being a close game, so TDs in the red zone are going to be paramount. Obviously, having a healthy Gronk will help in this area too.

Thoughts?

You'll need to get 80 yards from Blount at somewhere around 4.5 ypc. It can be done. Those LBs are fast and strong, but the front 4 should allow for some initial push.

I wouldn't expect much in short yardage/goalline, but it would be nice.

More importantly, to me, is to knock Russell Wilson on his ass every time he carries out that read option fake.

Just need the O line to continue run blocking like they can. Even if the results are less than optimal, this will open up the play action for Brady.The design of the run plays will have to be to the edges. The middle of the Seattle D is too stout. Just my opinion.....

Seahwaks defense is very fast, Blount is a good matchup for us as he's a straight ahead deliver the blow kind of guy. I'd like to see him named MVP partly because that's a great game plan for us and partly because Steeler Nation will burn to the ground if it happens.

I think the running game will be key to the game . Get vereen involved with some sweeps & screens to the outside. Just keep feeding blount the ball. To set up brady with play action passes. That secondary will be the best brady has faced all year.

Seahwaks defense is very fast, Blount is a good matchup for us as he's a straight ahead deliver the blow kind of guy. I'd like to see him named MVP partly because that's a great game plan for us and partly because Steeler Nation will burn to the ground if it happens.

I visited Steeler sites and the belly aching about Blount was delicious.:D

I liked the way he was able to change directions while staying agile against the Dolts.

I think the running game will be key to the game . Get vereen involved with some sweeps & screens to the outside. Just keep feeding blount the ball. To set up brady with play action passes. That secondary will be the best brady has faced all year.

I expect to see a lot of the eligible/no scruples...er ineligible plays.Al Davis

Just need the O line to continue run blocking like they can. Even if the results are less than optimal, this will open up the play action for Brady.The design of the run plays will have to be to the edges. The middle of the Seattle D is too stout. Just my opinion.....

I disagree, the one place to attack that D is in the middle, you're asking for trouble trying to design plays to the edges with the crazy speed they have. The Packers had success the moving the ball both running and throwing right down the middle, that's also where I see the Pats attacking.

I visited Steeler sites and the belly aching about Blount was delicious.:D

I liked the way he was able to change directions while staying agile against the Dolts.

I Already thanked every steelers fan at work for him . When they try to say something I remember you saying good riddance . don't let the door hit him on the day off . We have bell we don't need him.

With tight ends that the Pats have run blocking and the O line pulling either direction - read, changing it up - I think slant routes to the edge will work well. Heck, even one of those new fangled sets can also mislead the Seattle D.

I think this is the game wright is used in the passing game. He can be mis matched on a LB. Chancellor or Thomas will Probably be covering gronk.

I think the Pats are gonna light 'em up. Seattle showed the world how inept they can play. NFC championship playing like that?!!! Come on!

When Blount starts out, he is slow...it takes a while for him to get going. Similar to a steam train. When he gets it going though, he can be very good.

Gray has a faster start. Could be used more in the next game. He might match up better than Blount.

Vereen is smallish, but, fastest start. Very good receiver.

Bolden blows up old Studebakers. :cool:

In the Ravens playoff game the Pats running game was pretty much non existent.
I'm pretty much just rambling on...

BB will have a plan.

There was no reason to run against the Ravens. I think my son's HS football team had a better secondary this year than the Ravens did.

Green Bay provided the model for how to beat Seattle. They lost due to allowing a 2 pt conversion that in no way should have been completed, and their failure to cover that on-side kick. The Patriots are better in those situational plays.

The Patriots' O-line play will determine the outcome of the game. I'm less concerned about the D. I know BB will take away Lynch for themost part. I'm not scared of the Seattle receivers against the Patriots' secondary. Wilson is Seattle's only wildcard. If the Patriots can make him uncomfortable like Green Bay did, this should be a win.

Thoughts?
I agree that having a healthy Gronk will help.

popcorn

You'll need to get 80 yards from Blount at somewhere around 4.5 ypc. It can be done. Those LBs are fast and strong, but the front 4 should allow for some initial push.

I wouldn't expect much in short yardage/goalline, but it would be nice.

More importantly, to me, is to knock Russell Wilson on his ass every time he carries out that read option fake.

Who will spy Wilson, you think? Collins? Nink?

Back