Patriots Sign Cam

“Never beaten Cam”

Now we all know that Gronk was held in the middle of the end zone at the end of the game.

If you asked me last year for a list of 5 guys on it that I never wanted to see wearing our uni it would have included Antonio Brown and Cam Newton.

We saw what happened with the former and I expect something similar with Newton.

I recall one (of many) incident that convinced me that Cam Newton was a career asshole and it was about 3 seasons ago when Newton was in the pocket and got a pass away and a rookie DE came in late and clearly held himself up and just bumped Newton (who was mic'd up for that game) a bit.

Cam started jawing at the guy and told him, in effect, that he was a Mf'ing pussy and couldn't make a dent in the great Cam Newton, who was a Superman legend of the game and an icon of manhood around the world. The kid looked a little embarrassed and also a little pissed off since he was just trying to play it clean. I'm sure he looked forward to getting another shot at him.

Newton didn't have to run his mouth, but that's what he is. An immature jackass with no character and a guy that has made pretty much the same football mistakes since his rookie year while his body breaks down from trying to prove he is still a badass. Which he was. Past tense. He used to be a beast running on 3rd and short which was a huge part of whatever success he had. He's the biggest, strongest QB in league history, probably.

Every time I see a defender slam into him after the whistle I understand why folks go out of their way to hit him and I see no reason to change that no matter where he ends up-- which will likely not be here for very long. Newton gets exactly what he's been begging for from every D guy in the league. It's pure stubborn stupidity.

If he can't run he can't play and he can't run run for more than a few games anymore without getting himself wracked up.

I'm very disappointed in this signing. It makes me wonder what is going on in Foxboro. I predict he won't make it out of camp because he refuses to grow up and now it's too late to change.

If you asked me last year for a list of 5 guys on it that I never wanted to see wearing our uni it would have included Antonio Brown and Cam Newton.

We saw what happened with the former and I expect something similar with Newton.

I recall one (of many) incident that convinced me that Cam Newton was a career asshole and it was about 3 seasons ago when Newton was in the pocket and got a pass away and a rookie DE came in late and clearly held himself up and just bumped Newton (who was mic'd up for that game) a bit.

Cam started jawing at the guy and told him, in effect, that he was a Mf'ing pussy and couldn't make a dent in the great Cam Newton, who was a Superman legend of the game and an icon of manhood around the world. The kid looked a little embarrassed and also a little pissed off since he was just trying to play it clean. I'm sure he looked forward to getting another shot at him.

Newton didn't have to run his mouth, but that's what he is. An immature jackass with no character and a guy that has made pretty much the same football mistakes since his rookie year while his body breaks down from trying to prove he is still a badass. Which he was. Past tense. He used to be a beast running on 3rd and short which was a huge part of whatever success he had. He's the biggest, strongest QB in league history, probably.

Every time I see a defender slam into him after the whistle I understand why folks go out of their way to hit him and I see no reason to change that no matter where he ends up-- which will likely not be here for very long. Newton gets exactly what he's been begging for from every D guy in the league. It's pure stubborn stupidity.

If he can't run he can't play and he can't run run for more than a few games anymore without getting himself wracked up.

I'm very disappointed in this signing. It makes me wonder what is going on in Foxboro. I predict he won't make it out of camp because he refuses to grow up and now it's too late to change.

Doesn’t happen often Hawg, but I think you’re WAY off base on this one.

There’s nothing but uninhibited adulation from Bill towards Cam in forever. With the ridiculous cost, the drive to prove the league wrong and secure another long term deal, and a chance to play for a HoF HC I think we’ll see a VERY productive Cam.

And I think his style of checking what’s there, nothing, pull it down and go is more in the direction they’d like to go with Stidham eventually.

Jesus man, one incident is a hell of a lot to hang a guy for like that.

I wanted them to go with Stidham and develop him for the future. Newton has next year (and a franchise year after that), so possibly 2 years with Newton. This is like Jimmy 2.0. I think it makes them better for 2020, but I think it'll hurt in the long run

Besides, they just got rid of a whiny diva QB, why sign another so quickly?

I wanted them to go with Stidham and develop him for the future. Newton has next year (and a franchise year after that), so possibly 2 years with Newton. This is like Jimmy 2.0. I think it makes them better for 2020, but I think it'll hurt in the long run

Besides, they just got rid of a whiny diva QB, why sign another so quickly?

Meh. I see zero harm in taking the long play with Stidham, and letting him watch, learn, and envision himself in an offense more suited to his skill set.

Cam is almost assuredly a 1 year play.

Let’s hope it’s a SB!

I predict he won't make it out of camp because he refuses to grow up and now it's too late to change.
That's certainly a possibility but it will only cost the Pats $550K if he doesn't make the 53. I just see it as a smart, no-way-to-lose signing by BB.

I wasn't a Newton fan, either, but then I hated Rodney Harrison until 2003 when he magically went from a dirty player to a guy who plays hard.

If Cam starts acting like a diva . BB just releases or bench him for Stidham. It only cost them vet minimum. Cam need a good year . To get his next big contract.

I've got to agree with them, Hawg. His team mates, his coaches, they have nothing but good things to say about him. He's flamboyant but he's not a diva and never has been. Norv Turner made great strides with Cam's mechanics to make him a better passer in 2018 and it improved him an awful lot until he got hurt midway through. Norv used the E-P offensive system and terminology. He's coachable and always has been. It's not Cam's fault that Carolina didn't have offensive coaches to show him the way.

“Never beaten Cam”

Now we all know that Gronk was held in the middle of the end zone at the end of the game.

I watched that game with my ex fiance. EX FIANCE... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Our own TFB was known to give many a verbal what for now and then.

I think if Cam grew as a human, he could be decent...but, he was mostly a coward at heart. Go watch the superbowl again where he withered away. There's some truth to what he said. I somewhat agree...

He does have world class talent. Duh. But, Brady shined in the brass balls part. No other player had more. Edelman is close.

There is some truth to this...

I'm on the fence...

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Like I said before...hopefully he found his heart.

If we’re going to hold every player that comes in to TFB standards it’s going to get real dismal real quick.

I just want a guy I think Bill can manage and give us a great shot at success.

If we’re going to hold every player that comes in to TFB standards it’s going to get real dismal real quick.

I just want a guy I think Bill can manage and give us a great shot at success.

Exactly. We need to give these guys chances, whether that's Cam or Stidham.

Charisma, a sense of humor and crowd appeal? Yeah, Cam has those
Here he's doing a standup comedy routine for Graham Bensinger explaining to the crowd about pre-snap reads. Pretty damn funny I think.

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/1278681596896448513

---------- Post added at 07:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 AM ----------

Cap Space=$263,489@patscap·
My new Patriots salary cap space number after accounting for Cam Newton’s signing is $263,489.

You'd likely think I'm one of thise, chevss. :)
I did read it.
I don't have any reservations about him and the offense. Josh has shown the ability to use the skills of his players successfully.

He was working out again with Sanu today. And....with OBJ.

What would we think about a trade of Thuney for OBJ if a long term deal with Thuney can't be struck by July 15, 4 PM.

It's not something BB would do normally but if Thuney wants out BB is more likely to get something for him than to let him walk next year. OBJ wasn't great last year but he played through an injury much of the year and had sports hernia surgery this offseason. He's fine now.

Money, cap hit etc. is pretty much the same. Can Onwenu, Froholdt or Eluemunor play well enough in Thuney's place? Inquiring minds want to know.

Back