Patriots sign Iosefa

Roberto71

Reaction score
A RB I know nothing about. LB Martin has been released.

Patriots sign RB Joey Iosefa to 53-man roster; Release LB Eric Martin

Saturday, December 19, 2015 4:29 PM EST

By New England Patriots

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots announced today that they have signed RB Joey Iosefa (YO-sef-ah) to the 53-man roster from the practice squad. In addition, the Patriots have released LB Eric Martin.

Iosefa, 24, was signed to the New England practice squad on Oct. 21, 2015. The 6-foot-, 245-pounder, was originally drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the seventh round (231st overall) out of Hawaii in the 2015 NFL Draft. He was released by Tampa Bay on Aug. 30, 2015. Iosefa started in 29-of-32 games during his college career, rushing 512 times for 2,218 yards and 21 touchdowns. Iosefa also caught 60 passes for 438 yards and three touchdowns, while throwing for two touchdowns.

Martin, 24, has spent time on the New England practice squad and 53-man roster this season after originally being signed to the New England practice squad on Dec. 29, 2014. The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder, entered the NFL as a rookie free agent with New Orleans out of Nebraska on April 28, 2013. He was released by New Orleans on Aug. 27, 2013, and was claimed off waivers by Cleveland on Aug. 28, 2013. Over two seasons in Cleveland (2013-14), Martin played in 29 games with one start and registered 14 total tackles. Martin was released by Cleveland on Dec. 26, 2014, before being signed to the New England practice squad. Martin has played in four games for the Patriots in 2015 and has three special teams tackles.

BB obviously wants a bulldozing RB. I'd be tempted to try D. Hightower in short yardage situations to see if he can carry the rock through the pile. Just a thought.

So I guess that's it for Steven Jackson?

So I guess that's it for Steven Jackson?

No. I think he may already have a handshake agreement to sign this coming week. He's working out 24/7 to get into shape as we speak. He wasn't going to play today anyway so why waste Kraft's money (LOL)

BB obviously wants a bulldozing RB. I'd be tempted to try D. Hightower in short yardage situations to see if he can carry the rock through the pile. Just a thought.

I've been thinking about using Ebner at RB :shrug_n:

No. I think he may already have a handshake agreement to sign this coming week. He's working out 24/7 to get into shape as we speak. He wasn't going to play today anyway so why waste Kraft's money (LOL)

And more importantly: Why waste a roster spot?

Seriously? You really think that's even a remotely good idea?

No way, I flashbacked to Seymour getting his knee hurt, maybe someone less important to the defense.

Official Memo to all Membered and Memberless Members:

Effective immediately, all opinions, thoughts, attempts to stimulate conversation, or any other interactions must be approved by Tonyto36.

:coffee:

I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to give a conflicting opinion. Putting Hightower at RB is a terrible idea for a long list of reasons that should be obvious to everyone.

You were wrong. It's okay. You don't have to follow me around attacking me out of spite or embarrassment. Just let it go and people will likely forget about it.

I wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to give a conflicting opinion. Putting Hightower at RB is a terrible idea for a long list of reasons that should be obvious to everyone.

You were wrong. It's okay. You don't have to follow me around attacking me out of spite or embarrassment. Just let it go and people will likely forget about it.

Phew, at least I'm not the only one being accused of stalking you.

Nobody follows you, so you might want to talk to your PCP about some meds for the paranoia. But when you post consistently negative and, quite frankly, stupid opinions, all the while telling everyone how wrong they are because you're right, dropping your knowledge like a dog with the runs everywhere, you're gonna get the responses that you get.

I'm just happy that it's not just me anymore that you're attacking with your passive-aggressive bullshit.

Official Memo to all Membered and Memberless Members:

Effective immediately, all opinions, thoughts, attempts to stimulate conversation, or any other interactions must be approved by Tonyto36.

:coffee:

Don't worry he'll be back the AA soon enough.

For reals though y'all. Hightower at running back is an awful idea. When I read it I just assumed it was tongue in cheek, kinda like when some scrub gets cut from another team and us always asking if he "can rush the passer."

Now I'm confused, I think you are just defending your rights to have opinions, but it seems to have gotten personal. Imma back out now

Maybe use a backup linebacker or safety would be a better choice.

No. The reason why it's a really terribly idea, beyond putting one of our most important players in a position of unnecessary risk is that because Hightower, or any other LB/S is not a running back. Especially in those scenarios where you're running into a wall and everyone on the defense is trying to strip you, having a season ending fumble on the goal line in a playoff game because the coaches decided to for no reason at all put Hightower or any other guy at RB would be very stupid.

Other teams sometimes put DT at FB or something along those lines due to pure size, but they rarely get the ball, and even rarer still get the ball in a meaningful spot because the coaches know the repercussions if it costs them. That's a high risk scenario and you want your runner to be someone you trust.

That would be GRRREAT! :coffee:

I know you're really embarassed about earlier but it's okay to be wrong and just move on.

Back