Patriots trade for Cooks

I would not have done the deal, because it's too dicey projecting which WR will absorb the offense and win the trust of 12 and which won't.

Cooks has commented that it took him a while to feel comfortable in NO, but it's hard to tell if he is humble or was really struggling for a while. In any case, BB probably likes his wheels and hands enough that he figures it's worth a shot.

If Cooks and the GOAT get along nicely then it could be very, very fun watching this offense.

A quote from the interwebs.

Pats are the death star planet eviscerators of the league

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I would not have done the deal, because it's too dicey projecting which WR will absorb the offense and win the trust of 12 and which won't.

Cooks has commented that it took him a while to feel comfortable in NO, but it's hard to tell if he is humble or was really struggling for a while. In any case, BB probably likes his wheels and hands enough that he figures it's worth a shot.

If Cooks and the GOAT get along nicely then it could be very, very fun watching this offense.

NO's offense conceptually is very similar to ours. I can't imagine Cooks having too tough of an issue with it. Now earning Brady's trust is a different issue but Brady has not had this type of talent since Moss and we know how that turned out. :wink:

I mean, seriously. Imagine how much you'd hate you, if you weren't you.

Excellent point.

I would imagine it would be like being this guy Goodell

Its always a risk, but he gets open, makes great catches and is fast, I am sure they will have some plays for him. They really went hard for him, so I think they must see how he will fit well.

C6ma_jvVsAAQM4j.jpg

The only problem with this is that Amendola is as good as gone. :sulk:

Amendola, Mitchel, Edelperson, Cooks.... sounds ok to me.
(am I missing anyone... floyd is gone for sure)

Only question in my mind is will Amendola continue to take a lot less to stay or is he ok with 2 rings and grab any $$ he can (which I wouldn't blame him)

cooks - good vs man? i kinda expect to see plenty of man to man next year after what houston and atl did to the pats...

cooks - good vs man? i kinda expect to see plenty of man to man next year after what houston and atl did to the pats...

Well we know Pitt will play zone. :coffee:

Good vs. Man.

And defenses that can have been playing press man vs. the Patriots since about 2005.

Back