Pats at Donks game thread

And it appears Hoyer will play more this season than Jimmy G. Shanny came out yesterday and said Jimmy is not playing this season. :sulk:
Was watching the SF game on a plane ride home from
Houston last night and saw JG with the clipboard and wondering if he's pissed or not. I'd think SF would want to get him out there sooner than later. Of course if he played well he'd get more expensive on a contract. OTOH he won't get murdered behind that awful line.

I'm still trying to figure out when exactly the Gronk non-TD actually hit the ground. Granted, it's not impossible that it did, but I didn't see a single replay where the ball touched turf and even Collinsworth had to circle the one time where the ball went out of view.

I agree. Sometimes I think sticking with the call on the field is warranted, and other times I feel like it's a cop out.

These guys at head office are paid to make tough decisions and that should include inferring the most likely outcome in a situation. If you have a bunch of different camera angles and NONE of them show the ball hitting the ground, then how can you rule that it did (because that's what the on-field refs called)? It seemed pretty clear to me that he was able to trap the ball between his arm and chest.

I know you need clear evidence to overturn a call, but it's a little frustrating when they basically admit refs can get it wrong and it won't be overturned because controversy. It also possible for corrupt refs to just make all of those calls in favor of the team they are trying to help, knowing that there's a good chance they won't be overturned (not saying that happened last night).

Many other cases of sticking with the on-field call that I don't disagree with, often because the replays don't show enough of anything to make a decision in either direction. But to me the Gronk catch showed more than enough (and more importantly did not show the ball hitting the ground) to be ruled a catch.

PFF NE Patriots‏ @PFF_NewEngland <small class="time"> 32m32 minutes ago </small>
Highest graded Patriots against Denver:
1. G Joe Thuney - 88.7
2. TE Rob Gronkowski - 85.4
3. QB Tom Brady - 84.6
4. FB James Develin - 83.2
5. CB Patrick Chung - 80.6

The entire STs group deserves a game ball. I'll give a special shout out to Waddle, too, for the job he did against Von Miller.

Orange Mane was on my mind on the drive into work.
I HAD to post this one. This guy wrote this at 1:41 a.m.:

"Might just save 2 hours and 30 minutes and watch the pinball machine scene from the Accused."

:eek:

ROFL

Got this quote early from the Mane yesterday.

Unbelievable.

:coffee:

I'm still trying to figure out when exactly the Gronk non-TD actually hit the ground. Granted, it's not impossible that it did, but I didn't see a single replay where the ball touched turf and even Collinsworth had to circle the one time where the ball went out of view.

It bobbled in his grasp...

New England Patriots‏Verified account @Patriots <small class="time"> 34m34 minutes ago </small>

Sunday night's win, by the numbers:

DOiGjMMXUAEIXB-.jpg

Brady has thrown TDs to 68 different players. 2 more and he ties Vinny T's record

I had a buddy tell me last night right after the play that "he definitely caught it but they didn't have enough to overturn it". WTF, if he caught it then it should have been overturned. Gronk was screwed out of another TD by the refs.

Back