Pats-eagles

I'm guessing it's probably Mallett. We don't need 3 QBs on the game day roster.

The thought of Wendell at center all day kind of makes me sick. He wasn't too bad subbing in last week, but he's just not that good, and I had nightmares of Brady getting killed, especially since Vollmer hasn't appeared to be playing that great of late, either.

So today do we see Edelman at WR, DB, and ST?

I'm thinking more Price at WR and Underwood possibly returning KO's if he's proven himself at ball security. Vereen did it at Cal but my understanding is that ball security has been an issue with Vereen in KO return duty. Edelman could play some in Branch's spot if Branch is hampered. I wouldn't mind Edelman playing a spy on McCoy. Our LBs certainly aren't fast enough to do it.

I think we're in for some surprises in this game.

I'm guessing it's probably Mallett. We don't need 3 QBs on the game day roster.

The thought of Wendell at center all day kind of makes me sick. He wasn't too bad subbing in last week, but he's just not that good, and I had nightmares of Brady getting killed, especially since Vollmer hasn't appeared to be playing that great of late, either.

So today do we see Edelman at WR, DB, and ST?

DOH!

Of course, Mallett. But I'd still guess that Vollmer and Light are used sparingly, if at all, and that Price (assuming he's finally healthy) sees a few of Branch's usual snaps. As to Brady getting killed, I have a feeling we won't see him throwing all that much today (he threw his season-low 27 last week, and an emphasis (finally) on the ground game, for possibly a few reasons.

Wendell's pass-pro might be questionable against a rush like Philly's, but his run blocking is pretty good, probably better than Connolly's.

Running right at Asante still probably isn't a bad tactic (or putting him in a position to have to try to tackle Gronk after the catch).

Philly's pass-rush may be fearsome, but their run defense, maybe not so much. While it seems like they've tightened it up a bit in their last five games, actually they played:
WAS (Beck and no ground game to speak of) - 42 yds
DAL ( the Eagles jumped out to a 24-0 halftime lead, so Dal didn't run that much) - 85 yds
CHI (Forte hung 164 on them)
ARZ (the Cards were also playing from behind and, um, Beanie Wells) - 88 yds
NYG (no Bradshaw again) - 29 yds

And Vereen/Ridley/Faulk could use the work in preparation for the playoffs while BGE could use the rest. Perhaps Tom's arm a bit as well.

So, I'm thinking a slightly different offensive look. More runs/fewer throws (20-25?), but including a couple deep ones. And a couple things out of the back of the playbook.

I'm thinking more Price at WR and Underwood possibly returning KO's if he's proven himself at ball security. Vereen did it at Cal but my understanding is that ball security has been an issue with Vereen in KO return duty. Edelman could play some in Branch's spot if Branch is hampered. I wouldn't mind Edelman playing a spy on McCoy. Our LBs certainly aren't fast enough to do it.

I think we're in for some surprises in this game.

Yeah. I've been thinking that this one, win or lose, will be fun to watch - if only to see who the Pats actually put on the field and what they do. Being a non-conference game, even a loss won't be a disaster. Unless someone critical gets hurt - which could be disastrous even in a win.

Really, if you consider where the Pats stand right now and who's on their schedule after this and think of the play offs as "THE Season", this game is almost like the pre-season. I wouldn't even be shocked to see Hoyer get significant snaps.

It's the Patriot way not to make much of injuries, but this is getting ridiculous. We are down to the our #3 C, our #4 and 5 Safeties, our #4 CB is starting and he's backed up by a WR/ST player. Our rush LB is still out. Our #3 WR is out and our #2 WR might not play, and both our starting tackles have been limited in practice....along with a dozen other guys. And if that doesn't start you shaking in your boots, there is now a real possibility that Sergio Brown might have to play in the regular defense.:banghead:

And yet, all I hear from the national media is about all the Eagles' injuries. :taptaptap:

This may go down as one of BB's best coaching years. :grovel:

Running right at Asante still probably isn't a bad tactic (or putting him in a position to have to try to tackle Gronk after the catch)....

Oh, please let this actually happen! I'm already ROFL just picturing it in my mind. :D And I'll take anything that will distract me from the Center situation...ooohhh, look something shiny! :coffee:

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh, please let this happen actually happen! I'm already ROFL just picturing it in my mind. :D And I'll take anything that will distract me from the Center situation...ooohhh, look something shiny! :coffee:

Posted via Mobile Device

I know, right? The IDEA Asante would try to make a tackle is funny enough!#businessdecision

ESPN just reported Asomugha should play and will cover Gronk. Good luck with that! Who will cover Welker and Hernandez then?! Could Reid really do this? I so hope so.

ESPN just reported Asomugha should play and will cover Gronk. Good luck with that! Who will cover Welker and Hernandez then?! Could Reid really do this? I so hope so.

WHAT.......THE ASOMUGHA "INJURY" MIGHT HAVE BEEN A SMOKE SCREEN.......

thats not fair.......:high:

WHAT.......THE ASOMUGHA "INJURY" MIGHT HAVE BEEN A SMOKE SCREEN.......

thats not fair.......:high:

Yeah, but the Pats preemptively countered this possibility by having Ocho not suit up.

Yeah, but the Pats preemptively countered this possibility by having Ocho not suit up.

And those Eagles fans thought BB would have TB not suit up! I guess BB outfoxed those dumbasses but good. oLOL

oh i think it started years and years ago......Brady P Shoulder......dang thing NEVER heals......

But this year, BB threw in the change-up with the "elbow" thing.

But this year, BB threw in the change-up with the "elbow" thing.

as an aside.....do you think BB believed even for a nanosecond the injury reports out of Philly.....

at this point you would have to be an idiot to believe this..........

especially in a game between BB and AR.......

as an aside.....do you think BB believed even for a nanosecond the injury reports out of Philly.....

at this point you would have to be an idiot to believe this..........

especially in a game between BB and AR.......

I think BB gives as much credence to other teams' injury reports as anyone does to his.

I hope all is going well with you.

Have a great time at the game today. Be sure to scout those fans around you before rooting for the Pats in an extreme manner.

This will be a tough game. That Philly pass rush has me concerned far more than their offense.

Things are going well thank you. It was fun at the game and the fans around me were nice and allowed me to cheer for the Pats. Eagles killed themselves.

Things are going well thank you. It was fun at the game and the fans around me were nice and allowed me to cheer for the Pats. Eagles killed themselves.

Yeah Eagles killed themselves alright....

Back