Pats FA thread

Rewatched the Seattle game last night and I was impressed as much as I was when I watched it live.

The potential is there.

We shall see but I'm optimistic about some semblance of success this season for Cam.

You don't hate Cam, but you won't pass up an opportunity to trash him or point out how bad he is and how you don't like him.

Don't hate him. Just have no faith in him.
That's how I feel too but I am confident he will not be our starter past the first few games of 2021. I think Bill moves up and drafts the QB and he is ready hopefully by week 4 or 5. Similar to what the Fins did with Tua last year.

Cam is basically a place-holder. He is getting paid back up money, and he stuck it out last year when he had no weapons at all. He made do with what he had. It wasn't pretty, but there's a reason BB brought him back. It's not like he's getting a max contract for his services, so we should tempter our expectations a bit. I think BB's real plan will come from the draft. If Cam does improve a lot with weapons then we get a hell of a deal from a QB with middle of the road back up money. If not then I think BB will transition to the rookie and we will see how the team looks then. Either way I'm very excited to see how the team looks next season.

Cam is basically a place-holder. He is getting paid back up money, and he stuck it out last year when he had no weapons at all. He made do with what he had. It wasn't pretty, but there's a reason BB brought him back. It's not like he's getting a max contract for his services, so we should tempter our expectations a bit. I think BB's real plan will come from the draft. If Cam does improve a lot with weapons then we get a hell of a deal from a QB with middle of the road back up money. If not then I think BB will transition to the rookie and we will see how the team looks then. Either way I'm very excited to see how the team looks next season.

What he said. :)

He's a solid WR2. There were no WR1s available in FA. Not Golladay, either.
But here's the thing, other than Moss, BB has never employed a WR1. He'd rather rather have 2 WR2s than pay for 1 WR1.
Look at Julio - great player but his cap is $23M this year. Agholor, HHenry and Jonnu Smith combined are less than that.

Sometimes we should be thankful for what we get and I think this is one of those times.
If BB could get a few #2 WR's...it actually would be the best possible situation. More decent options to get get open.

I'm not opposed that Nelson was signed. BB did overpay for him though. He was paid more than Fuller was...

BB needs to draft Atwell or, Shi Smith, or Stevenson. They might pan out...

If BB could get a few #2 WR's...it actually would be the best possible situation. More decent options to get get open.

I'm not opposed that Nelson was signed. BB did overpay for him though. He was paid more than Fuller was...

BB needs to draft Atwell or, Shi Smith, or Stevenson. They might pan out...
BB has never valued the WR position and that is not changing anytime soon with a rookie QB about to come on board. I am fine with the TEs and RBs for now but my hope is if we draft someone that ends up being like a Josh Allen then by year 3 we go out and get a Stefon Diggs. I am not sure if that will even happen but that is what BB has shown his whole career. WRs are just not a priority for him the way they are for other teams.

Back