Pats FA thread

View: https://twitter.com/RaulNBCBoston/status/1374837319816073216

9 LBs now? BB making sure last year doesn't happen again
Harrison Ford Shrug GIF by Star Wars

He is at best, a #2 WR. That's not to say that he won't be good in NE, but, he isn't a #1...

He had very good numbers last year as a outside threat , one of the best for yards per catch.
He’s better than anyone we have, and can be quite goodZ

Yeah, he’s not a pure #1, but in this offense he will have plenty of opportunities .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He is at best, a #2 WR. That's not to say that he won't be good in NE, but, he isn't a #1...

He's a solid WR2. There were no WR1s available in FA. Not Golladay, either.
But here's the thing, other than Moss, BB has never employed a WR1. He'd rather rather have 2 WR2s than pay for 1 WR1.
Look at Julio - great player but his cap is $23M this year. Agholor, HHenry and Jonnu Smith combined are less than that.

Sometimes we should be thankful for what we get and I think this is one of those times.

People will not be happy with BB pickups. Until he trades up to get a Top rated QB.

I personally think Cam is going to surprise people this year and be better than most thought.
What possible reason is there to believe this? I know he's going to have a full off-season, upgraded weapons, and no Covid, but why else?

What possible reason is there to believe this? I know he's going to have a full off-season, upgraded weapons, and no Covid, but why else?
Your reasons are definitely part of it. Plus another year in the system. And another year for Josh to design more appropriate plays.

For me the big thing though is the way things started last season. I remember watching those first few games and feeling a lot of optimism as he grew in the system.

But then covid.

And after that he just wasn't the same as he was in those first few games.

I think it will also be a boost to his psyche that BB is giving him another chance. The upgrade at TE, combined with a strong running game will open things up for him.

I could of course be completely wrong about all of it.

Back