Pats, please pick up Mr Reed

norwoodla

We're not polishing fine china here
Reaction score
Discuss:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-outcoached-comments-175429450--nfl.html?vp=1
Reed signed a three-year, $15 million deal with the Texans, viewed as a final piece to the puzzle as the team sought a run at the Super Bowl. But everything has fallen apart: Reed struggled to get healthy to start the season, didn't play well once he was ready, was benched and then said the Texans were "outcoached and outplayed" after playing a mere 12 snaps in Sunday's 27-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

View gallery
Ed Reed (USA TODAY Sports)
On Monday, Reed said he "spoke the truth." He was upset about his benching from a few weeks ago.

It was the Texans' seventh straight loss, which has dealt a serious blow to their playoff chances. Now the Texans have decided to bite the bullet and part ways.

It's possible that Reed could return to the Baltimore Ravens to round out his career, but don't rule out another destination such as the New England Patriots, who could need safety depth if Steve Gregory is out for a while. Bill Belichick long has been an admirer of Reed's play. But if Reed is not done in the NFL, don't rule out the New York Jets and Rex Ryan, his former defensive coordinator, bringing him in for a visit.

Here was Reed's sendoff to the Texans on Twitte

Pass on Dead Reed. Washed up, big mouth, locker room poison.

Who? Reid? Eric Reid? Sure, sign him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB had a tat of his wife wearing an Ed Reed Jersey. If BB thinks he has anything left in the tank he'll clock another ring, but with the Pats.

Nahhh after he accused TB of being the reason his groin was injured that was the last whine I want to hear out of him.

Unless Gregory is going to be out long term, I don't see the Pats picking him up.

Gregory has a broken thumb..I'm not a Dr but I'm guessing the bye week isn't going to help him get back on the field...My guess is he'll be out for
4 to 6 weeks

Reports suggest that he'll be out for Carolina and probably be back for the Denver game.

We haven't had much luck with former Ravens. Starks, Thomas, no thanks

No doubt Reed isn't what he used to be be. However, we are 1 safety injury away from seeing T Wilson starting for us. How many enjoy the thoughts of that? Certainly, even a 1 legged Reed, is the superior player of the two!

I expect BB to put in a claim or call him . To set up a workout. BB has a history of bringing in players he loves. Just to name a fews Tebow, ocho stinko & A Wilson.

If BB thinks he'll fit then I'm fine with it...BB knows best...

Such a hater. :coffee:

Hey now! I loved Ed Reed....at least until he decided a huge paycheck was more important than playing for a contender by coming here, after he blamed Brady for his leg, and after he talked shit about his then current/now former team and coaches (Houston).

Now I just think he's another primadonna. An old one that can't break up a pass or get enough speed to cover a receiver.

During FA, I thought he was worth a shot, but he wasn't willing to sit on the bench and play situational football, and he wanted $6 mil. If he were to come here, it would be for $400 grand plus, and he'd still be sitting on the bench and be pissed off. So, no thanks.

Have you folks who want him even watched him play this year? He's allowing a 150+ quarterback rating against, 0 passes defensed; he's made 14 tackles in 7 games and he's been paid $5M for his efforts. He can't run as fast as Polamalu and he's a joke himself.

No thanks.

Back