Pats sign WR Nelson Agholor

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
He is a great signing. Maybe not as versatile as Samuel, but still a burner with solid route running.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
He's making other teams pony up for bigger money for players like Golladay and 4 others.
Driving the price up!
Totally serious
I guarantee that BB asked Golladay's agent what he wanted beforehand though...most likely cra/cra prices.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
900 yds last year, 25% is YAC, 113 Passer Rating when targeted, 4.42 speed is fast enough.
Great route runner.
I'll take him.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
900 yds last year, 25% is YAC, 113 Passer Rating when targeted, 4.42 speed is fast enough.
Great route runner.
I'll take him.
I'm trying to remember when we signed a FA receiver with that kind of production....

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember when we signed a FA receiver with that kind of production....
Never is the answer. Unless you want to go with ABrown.
Cooks was a trade. Moss was a trade.

It is interesting though that TB12 couldn't attract that kind of FA WR to NE. :coffee:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Never is the answer. Unless you want to go with ABrown.
Cooks was a trade. Moss was a trade.

It is interesting though that TB12 couldn't attract that kind of FA WR to NE. :coffee:
Yeah and yet still won 6 titles. I guess BB finally figured out Brady was not walking through that door so he might have to actually bring weapons in. Hey we almost made it through a whole thread without someone bringing up Brady:coffee:

Last edited:

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
Great route runner.
I'll take him.
I've got a good buddy from Philly and we watch the Eagles a fair bit. He hated Agholor (did I mention he's from Philly?) and the knock on him was that he dropped too many catchable balls. He didn't look like much to me, but I might've been influenced.

However, I definitely noticed a different looking dude in Oakland and his stats from this year have a few career outliers. 18.7 YPC and 10.9 yards per target were his best and better than any of our regular WRs. Maybe he's started to figure some shit out. I would've preferred some of the other guys out there, but he's definitely an upgrade for us.

I doubt we've ever signed more FA talent in any one season than we did today.