Pats Trade AJDerby To The Broncos For A Draft Pick

Walsh drafted Montana in the third round and groomed him as the perfect QB for the west coast offense to the tune of 4 rings (one won with Seifert). Bill did the same thing with Brady and their offensive system based on coverage sight adjustments to the tune of four rings and still going.

Elway got for free as a FA a first ballot HoF on HGH and won a bunch of divisional champs, two one and done's, a SB blow out and one title.

Apples to Oranges.

CJ Anderson is out for the season. That effectively ends, in my opinion, the Broncos season.

First off, there have been zero accurate reports regarding C.J. Anderson. In fact Shefter tweeted that an MRI revealed that he did not tear his ACL.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/791639298797871104

Secondly, even if CJ is out, it is not the end of the Broncos season. Devonte Booker is looking more and more like a stud RB. He will assume the role as starter and the Broncos will insert Capri Bibbs as the back up. Donks are pretty deep in the RB position. The Broncos are right in the middle of the NFL in regards to the running game. It's not like their entire offense is carried on the shoulders of the run game. Broncos will be fine.

Walsh drafted Montana in the third round and groomed him as the perfect QB for the west coast offense to the tune of 4 rings (one won with Seifert). Bill did the same thing with Brady and their offensive system based on coverage sight adjustments to the tune of four rings and still going.

Elway got for free as a FA a first ballot HoF on HGH and won a bunch of divisional champs, two one and done's, a SB blow out and one title.

Apples to Oranges.

It'd difficult to jump into the middle of a conversation. The talk isn't about Elway vs BB. I stated earlier that there will always be a question in the back of my mind if the success that the Pats have is a BB thing or a Brady thing. Who made who? My point was that we might not n
know if BB hangs em up when Brady does. Unlike Elway who will have a chance to prove himself with a different QB. Then Patfan came back with the Walsh argument, in which I said the same thing. Waslsh never coached w/o Montana.

To whoever asked if the deer my son got was his first,(on the rep) it was. He is 13 and in Colorado, kids can start hunting big game critters at the age of 12.

Did he ever coach an NFL team without Montana? I believe the answer is no. So I'm not sure what the question means?

Walsh pretty much hung them up when Montana was traded.

Plus - Elway doesn't coach so this whole conversation is pretty much moot.

It'd difficult to jump into the middle of a conversation. The talk isn't about Elway vs BB. I stated earlier that there will always be a question in the back of my mind if the success that the Pats have is a BB thing or a Brady thing. Who made who? My point was that we might not n
know if BB hangs em up when Brady does. Unlike Elway who will have a chance to prove himself with a different QB. Then Patfan came back with the Walsh argument, in which I said the same thing. Waslsh never coached w/o Montana.

Your argument really does not work though as ManningHGH was a first ballot HoF when Elway got him. Elway did not "make" ManninHGH. He inherited him. Both Belichick and Walsh drafted and developed their QBs into winning machines in a winning system developed for their Qbs. That is what separates them, plus the fact that both Montana and Brady were low draft picks unlike ManninHGH who was the first pick overall and had the football pedigree. This is why I have said to you and BSPolice that Elway's legacy largely will be determined post-ManninHGH.

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 5m5 minutes ago

C.J. Anderson undergoing surgery today to repair torn meniscus in right knee. Likely headed to IR. #9sports

edit***
Here is what started the conversation.
Well here is a thought...

What if BB the GM is only about average, but BB the coach makes him look better?
then I went with what is below.

Your argument really does not work though as ManningHGH was a first ballot HoF when Elway got him. Elway did not "make" ManninHGH. He inherited him. Both Belichick and Walsh drafted and developed their QBs into winning machines in a winning system developed for their Qbs. That is what separates them, plus the fact that both Montana and Brady were low draft picks unlike ManninHGH who was the first pick overall and had the football pedigree. This is why I have said to you and BSPolice that Elway's legacy largely will be determined post-ManninHGH.

Oh my god. This was never about ... Never mind. I'm not going round and round about something so silly.
Here is my initial quote.
This is gold. At some point you have to realize that one or the other is making the other better. He'll go down as one of the best in both categories however. And rightfully so.
Also, there will always be a question in the back of my mind. Is it Brady? Or is it BB? We may never know. Unless BB coaches a significant number of seasons after #12 hangs em up.
Here is Patsfan's respones
And the "was it Peyton or was it Elway" conversations will also take place.

However, Peyton only brought Elway one title and two appearances. Brady has brought BB four titles and six appearances.

Huge difference.
And then my response
Can't argue. The difference is that we only saw Elway and Manning together what, 4 seasons? If the Broncos (Elway) win without Manning, and I think they will, it would be safe to say it was more Elway. If they crap all over with out Manning, I guess it's safe to say Manning was the ticket. Thing is, we will see the out come in Denver. Elway is in it for many years. Brady and BB have been together pretty much for ever. Unless BB continues w/o Brady I think there will always be a question. And that's not to take anything from either. They both go down as one of the best in their position in the history of the NFL.

You can see, my points are pretty much what you all are saying, and also note I'm not bashing or discrediting BB or Brady.

Originally Posted by yackittysacks View Post
Can't argue. The difference is that we only saw Elway and Manning together what, 4 seasons? If the Broncos (Elway) win without Manning, and I think they will, it would be safe to say it was more Elway. If they crap all over with out Manning, I guess it's safe to say Manning was the ticket. Thing is, we will see the out come in Denver. Elway is in it for many years. Brady and BB have been together pretty much for ever. Unless BB continues w/o Brady I think there will always be a question. And that's not to take anything from either. They both go down as one of the best in their position in the history of the NFL.

I know what you have been saying and have bolded it so you understand. The point you are making is faulty on many levels. Elway inherited ManninHGH and he did only have him for 4 years whereas BB and Walsh had their drafted QBs for a decade and a half and still going for BB.

No one views Elway's success the same as BB and Walsh because ManninHGH was already a first ballot HoF and brought his Indy offense with him. Plus, Elway was not able to win anything close to what BB and Walsh did over his four seasons, just one title.

In other words, if Elway goes on wins multiple titles with another QB, no one is going to look back on his years with ManninHGH and say it was Elway that brought the success. ManninHGH had won a title and had two SB appearances with Indy prior. They will always chalk up the success of those 4 years to ManninHGH with a nod of the head to Elway for finally getting ManninHGH a legit defense to win when he was declining.

The reason why BB and Walsh are revered they way they are is because they picked their QBs, late in the draft, developed them and won the most in NFL history with them.

I know what you have been saying and have bolded it so you understand. The point you are making is faulty on many levels. Elway inherited ManninHGH and he did only have him for 4 years whereas BB and Walsh had their drafted QBs for a decade and a half and still going for BB.

No one views Elway's success the same as BB and Walsh because ManninHGH was already a first ballot HoF and brought his Indy offense with him. Plus, Elway was not able to win anything close to what BB and Walsh did over his four seasons, just one title.

In other words, if Elway goes on wins multiple titles with another QB, no one is going to look back on his years with ManninHGH and say it was Elway that brought the success. ManninHGH had won a title and had two SB appearances with Indy prior. They will always chalk up the success of those 4 years to ManninHGH with a nod of the head to Elway for finally getting ManninHGH a legit defense to win when he was declining.

The reason why BB and Walsh are revered they way they are is because they picked their QBs, late in the draft, and won the most in NFL history with them.

Exactly. Yackity did bring the "Elway winning with Manning versus without."

To the bolded - I know what you have been saying and I keep trying to tell you that the comparison is faulty on many levels. Elway inherited ManninHGH and he did only have him for 4 years whereas BB and Walsh had their drafted QBs for a decade and a half and still going for BB.

The reason why BB and Walsh are revered they way they are is because they picked their QBs, late in the draft, and won the most in NFL history with them.

It's like I'm talking to a woman. Oh wait...:shrug_n:
In my best Brady Quinn voice "Now I'm Done"

It's like I'm talking to a woman. Oh wait...:shrug_n:
In my best Brady Quinn voice "Now I'm Done"

I didn't think you would have any retort except to get personal when your whole argument was torn to shreds.

No need for sexist comments.

Thanks.

Wasn't meant to be sexist, more a joke. You know the whole man v woman talk. They don't see eye to eye on things. But if it came across as a sexist comment, my apologies to all.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I didn't think you would have any retort except to get personal when your whole argument was torn to shreds.

I think I will take Michelle Obama's advice and take the high road on this one. Enjoy your day.

You can see, my points are pretty much what you all are saying
Not me. I never said Elway is on the same level as Walsh and BB.

And I certainly never said Elway is better than Walsh because even though he won multiple championships, they were all with the same QB he drafted low and groomed, whereas elway won one by signing a check to an established ALL-PRO former No 1 pick.

Elway is god in Denver, I get it. Yea for the home team. But this isn't Denver and I ain't drinking the Orange Crush

I think I will take Michelle Obama's advice and take the high road on this one. Enjoy your day.

Um. You already went low.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

this post meets with the approval of roger "tone deaf" goodell.

lol.

Elway the GM has been very good. One of better GM's in the league, top 5.

Elway the QB is around 7-10 imo.

Back