Pats vs. Eagles: Official Game Thread

I agree, Lisa. That was probably the worst configuration at Oline we've seen this year.

It's a good thing Brady worked on his footwork and moving around in the pocket, or else he'd be injured and out by now as well.

Brady isn't blameless, but he did almost tie the game through sheer will. He's ferociously competitive, and needs his offense to make more plays.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/i7J6udOOFD2/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

This is awesome.

And a big "Thank You" to the defenders for pulling their punches on Brady.

Rex exposed Andrews, who unlike Stork did not have two former centers at guard to help with calls. I think Stork is better and wonder how injured Kline is, who appeared to be crying.

The issue is no deep threat is exposed without the quick Edelman/AMendola combo and Gronk. So the defense is concentrated into the box and too much time is needed to get open. This team is built on 2 second release, Tom was holding the ball a lot longer because the whole concept is Fvcked up right now.

Your 100% right . Martin not getting the quick separation. So brady is forcing the ball deep. Just to keep the safety from taking away the underneath routes. It's not helping no one besides Amendola is catching the ball in tight coverage

brady went from 2.03 seconds (top in NFL) to 2.63 seconds yesterday.... and 16 plays over 3 seconds

OLINE is bad but it is a compounded effect based on time he holds it

Rex exposed Andrews, who unlike Stork did not have two former centers at guard to help with calls. I think Stork is better and wonder how injured Kline is, who appeared to be crying.

The issue is no deep threat is exposed without the quick Edelman/AMendola combo and Gronk. So the defense is concentrated into the box and too much time is needed to get open. This team is built on 2 second release, Tom was holding the ball a lot longer because the whole concept is Fvcked up right now.

The issue isn't the OL or lack of deep threat. The issue is aside from Amendola who wasn't 100%, all of the receiving options can't beat man consistently, don't know the playbook/make the wrong decisions on options, and/or don't know where to go to beat the zones that Gronk and especially Edelman are so good at. And to top it off, in the occasionally chances they do manage to figure any+all of those steps out, they drop the ball.

Bradys forced to pat the ball and wait for guys to get open. The OL doesn't need to be dominant and we don't need Randy Moss for this offense to be great. There were several times last night where Brady held the ball for a good long time but there was no one to pass to.

That being said, a lot of our issues would be mitigated a great deal if the OL was playing better and we had running backs who could consistently run the ball. Blount seems to just close his eyes and dive into a pile and hope it works out when there is an open cut back lane. OR he goes to the opposite extreme and channels his inner Maroney and tries to spin around behind the LOS until something opens up like he's Barry Sanders. This offense was so dynamic with Lewis because it was the first time in a while we had a RB who could a. run the ball consistently and b. be a legitimate receiving threat.

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/i7J6udOOFD2/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

This is awesome.

And a big "Thank You" to the defenders for pulling their punches on Brady.

I actually loved that play call...

don't know the playbook/make the wrong decisions on options, and/or don't know where to go to beat the zones

This is something I kind of lose track of. We all know how Brady won SBs with guys like Patton, Givens, Branch, Brown, et al... and the word about Brady has always been that he elevates others. The difference is that those guys were in the system and working with the offense daily. It's so hard to shuttle guys in and out on a week to week basis. I'll admit it- I'm spoiled as a fan.

...now, that being said...special teams are directly responsible for 14 points yesterday. That is what lost the game.

This is something I kind of lose track of. We all know how Brady won SBs with guys like Patton, Givens, Branch, Brown, et al... and the word about Brady has always been that he elevates others. The difference is that those guys were in the system and working with the offense daily. It's so hard to shuttle guys in and out on a week to week basis. I'll admit it- I'm spoiled as a fan.

...now, that being said...special teams are directly responsible for 14 points yesterday. That is what lost the game.

Well, not to mention another red zone INT, this one that went back for a TD - and another INT bomb to nobody 60 yards downfield after the trick play success.

They were down 7 or 14 at the time, not 100.

Well, not to mention another red zone INT, this one that went back for a TD - and another INT bomb to nobody 60 yards downfield after the trick play success.

They were down 7 or 14 at the time, not 100.

Actually, it's interesting because you can look at the cause and effects of how fvcking up on special teams the way they did may have led to those play calls.

Actually, it's interesting because you can look at the cause and effects of how fvcking up on special teams the way they did may have led to those play calls.

I agree to a point, regarding that second pick.

The first one? Inexcusable at any point in any game. 2 defenders draped, literally draped on your primary, and a third within a yard of him.

He's not open. Throw it to someone else. Throw it into the 10th row. Fall down and take a sack. You have the best FG kicker in the league.

This is 3 red zone INTs in the last 5 games. I thought he was over the issue the last two weeks but...

That throw, I'd expect Jameis Winston to make that throw, or any other rookie QB. Not a 16th year vet.

Well, at least no one else got hurt, I suppose (except Wendell, who has been pretty terrible anyway this year).

--

The special teams component is very disappointing. This was the best unit in the league through 11 games. I dunno what the **** happened.

Special teams play was an aberration yesterday and obviously it came at the wrong time. Hopefully Hightower and Gronk are back for this weekends game against the Texans.

You guys complaining about brady going deep realize that its probably his third or fourth read. No one is getting open NO ONE. And when they do they drop it.

No run game, no receivers, and a brutal o line thats what brady is working with right now. The o line has sucked all year it was just masked with edelman and gronk out there. How many times has Brady been hit in the last 3 games, think its over 35. And its not like hes holding on to the ball. Hell yesterday he was getting hit with 3 man rushes.

The issue isn't the OL or lack of deep threat. The issue is aside from Amendola who wasn't 100%, all of the receiving options can't beat man consistently, don't know the playbook/make the wrong decisions on options, and/or don't know where to go to beat the zones that Gronk and especially Edelman are so good at. And to top it off, in the occasionally chances they do manage to figure any+all of those steps out, they drop the ball.

Bradys forced to pat the ball and wait for guys to get open. The OL doesn't need to be dominant and we don't need Randy Moss for this offense to be great. There were several times last night where Brady held the ball for a good long time but there was no one to pass to.

That being said, a lot of our issues would be mitigated a great deal if the OL was playing better and we had running backs who could consistently run the ball. Blount seems to just close his eyes and dive into a pile and hope it works out when there is an open cut back lane. OR he goes to the opposite extreme and channels his inner Maroney and tries to spin around behind the LOS until something opens up like he's Barry Sanders. This offense was so dynamic with Lewis because it was the first time in a while we had a RB who could a. run the ball consistently and b. be a legitimate receiving threat.
Not sure but I think we agree.

The line was doing very good then the WR's were healthy. People forget those days when Googs was a great coach 5 weeks ago.

And I am not saying the need moss but even Dobson gave a threat to extend the defense. Lafell is a one on one man coverage guy with a history of dropsies.

When Brady has time it is a three man rush, oline needs to improve but it is a collective group on the field that is the issue. Too many hurt skilled players, including Solder, is the issue.

Blount is stopping, the starting again. He is not quick enough to do this. He needs to hit the hole hard with no delay.

Special teams play was an aberration yesterday and obviously it came at the wrong time. Hopefully Hightower and Gronk are back for this weekends game against the Texans.

1) Gronkowski won't be back. He won't be back before the playoffs.
2) Hightower doesn't play special teams.

It's easy to just say it's an abberation, but this is a couple weeks in a row of terrible special teams.

Back