Pats vs. Eagles: Official Game Thread

That play didn't work out as they hoped, and it might have motivated the Eagles, but it wasn't the main reason they lost. It was 3 returns for touchdowns (2 on special teams), that cost them the game.

I think too much is being made out of that kickoff by the media. The defense didn't have to let them drive right down the field and score. IMO, Fleming letting the rusher come in untouched to block the punt, is a much bigger problem.

Yeah, to me Freeny blowing the block on the blocked punt changed the whole game. You go in at halftime up 14-7, it's a completely different 3rd quarter.

Eagles were a punting machine before that dropkick, so I was OK with the attempt, even if it failed.

Eagles were a punting machine before that dropkick, so I was OK with the attempt, even if it failed.

It was...unnecessary. I guess I don't have a real problem with the call. If you're going to do it, you do it there. It was just unnecessary.

It was...unnecessary. I guess I don't have a real problem with the call. If you're going to do it, you do it there. It was just unnecessary.

I've heard some arguments along these lines.
Ghost wasn't reaching the end zones with his kicks
BB didn't want another long runback
hence, the drop kick to prevent a runback with an added benefit at a chance of recovering.

The defense did what they needed for the most part, gave up only 14 points and if it hadn't a been for the ST gaffs the Pats would have won and quite easily IMO. I hope they get it fixed this week, another loss and a 1st round bye might not happen.

The defense did what they needed for the most part, gave up only 14 points and if it hadn't a been for the ST gaffs the Pats would have won and quite easily IMO. I hope they get it fixed this week, another loss and a 1st round bye might not happen.

Defense held the Eagles to like 250 yards. Anyone putting this loss on the defense needs their eyes examined.

Defense held the Eagles to like 250 yards. Anyone putting this loss on the defense needs their eyes examined.

You can blame ST & brady forcing a pass into double coverage . That was returned for a pick six.

Defense played fine, but they need to stop the run a bit better, seems they have faded on that a bit in the last two games.

Defense played fine, but they need to stop the run a bit better, seems they have faded on that a bit in the last two games.

Which coincides with Hightower being hurt. He and Collins have become the keys for this defense.

Which coincides with Hightower being hurt. He and Collins have become the keys for this defense.

Without Hightower they allowing the RB's. To get the outside for some good gains. That is where sproles had most of his success running the ball

Without Hightower they allowing the RB's. To get the outside for some good gains. That is where sproles had most of his success running the ball

Outside runs were surely a problem early in the game & that's not even Hightower's primary responsibility. My first inclination is to blame Chandler Jones and Nink but I'm too disgusted to back and have a look to verify.

Outside runs were surely a problem early in the game & that's not even Hightower's primary responsibility. My first inclination is to blame Chandler Jones and Nink but I'm too disgusted to back and have a look to verify.

It's Ninkovich. I said it in the chat, he was getting dominated by that scrub Lane Johnson, pretty much the entire game.

It was like watching Wlifork get pancaked by Vlad Ducasse his last year here.

Back