Pennington, Grammar, Spelling and other smack...

NJJetsFan said:
Yes, I do actually care and will be there forthwith! :thumb:

Just to clear the air a bit here... I do accept that NE is the better team at this point, but what some of the people here need to understand is that it is not by much. See you in the pregame thread! :thumb:
Personally, I don't think the Jets are as good as the Seahawks. I expect the Pats to win by around 17 points. But as they say on any given day...
________
no2 vaporizer reviews

mgoblue101415 said:
Um, you know, now that you mention it....

Shouldn't there really be a Brady is God thread???

I mean, come on.... The guy talks to the Pope and has had a "miracle" filled career. You're gonna doubt he's God?

Okay, maybe that's going a little too far. How bout "A" God?

Actually, if you ask me, I think he worked the same deal as Warner. Hey, who needs a soul when you're on top of the football world????

Wonder what Kurt had to give up for his newest contract.. If he gave his soul the first time, what could he possibly have that Satan would want this time around??? Hmmm... How about Brenda? I'm sure the Prince of Darkness would love to have that... um.... woman, down there with him. She would scare the bejezzus out of just about anyone.

First off, excellent post! Good spelling and grammar! (j/k)

As for Brady being a deity, throw in an extra "o" between the "G" and "D" and add "very" at the beginning, and you sum him up nicely. "Very good". There's certainly no disputing that. He's smart, talented, anvil-tough and certainly has had luck on his side to boot. Let's also remember that if it hadn't been for Mo Lewis, Brady, by now, would probably be wearing a funny hat and asking if you wanted fries with that.....

Good job recognizing the soul-selling that's been going around the NFL over the past few years. Kurt Warner???!!! Arrrgh. The only thing more annoying than him is his wife. When he first signed with the Giants, the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh no! We're going to have to deal with *that* woman calling our radio shows every 20 minutes to defend her poor, maligned little Kurty". But you have to give her credit... She's more of a man than most of us... :p

NJJetsFan said:
No no. It is I who must have missed a thread or two being that I'm a newcomer. I missed the objective thread/post stating how the Jets' speedy, new defense has a good chance of shutting down Dillon, or the thread/post stating how Curtis Martin is playing like a new man behind an offensive line that has turned a complete 180 since last year's poor showing.
Your not going to find any threads praising Curtis Martin playing like its his last chance season. He knows times running out on those knees. And so do we. Personnally, I think you'd rather talk about the typos. It saves you from facing the truth.
:STFU:

NJJetsFan said:
First off, excellent post! Good spelling and grammar! (j/k)

As for Brady being a deity, throw in an extra "o" between the "G" and "D" and add "very" at the beginning, and you sum him up nicely. "Very good". There's certainly no disputing that. He's smart, talented, anvil-tough and certainly has had luck on his side to boot. Let's also remember that if it hadn't been for Mo Lewis, Brady, by now, would probably be wearing a funny hat and asking if you wanted fries with that.....

Good job recognizing the soul-selling that's been going around the NFL over the past few years. Kurt Warner???!!! Arrrgh. The only thing more annoying than him is his wife. When he first signed with the Giants, the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh no! We're going to have to deal with *that* woman calling our radio shows every 20 minutes to defend her poor, maligned little Kurty". But you have to give her credit... She's more of a man than most of us... :p

Actually, BB was contemplating switching to Brady before Bledsoe got hurt. If it hadn't happened in '01, it would have happened in '02. Mo Lewis just sped up the process a little bit.

History will have the eventual say in just how good Brady is. But for the first four years as a full time player, it's hard to find a more successful and clutch player at any point in NFL history. I'm not talking about pure passing stats. I'm talking about his ability to engineer game winning drives. I'm talking about his undefeated record in OT, his undefeated record in the playoffs, his 45-12 career record.

And speaking of "God", I've often wondered what criteria he uses when deciding which born-again christian player he's going to favor in any particular game. It must be a tough dilemma. :rolleyes:

bideau said:
And speaking of "God", I've often wondered what criteria he uses when deciding which born-again christian player he's going to favor in any particular game. It must be a tough dilemma. :rolleyes:

Oddly enough, this is something that I too have pondered.

When I hear some guy after a game say something like "I have to thank God first.", I can't help but wonder what he did to get into God's favor over some player on the other team.

It would be interesting to see God at work on a Sunday morning, actually, He must do it on Thursday, since He's a little busy Fri - Sun. Okay, so to see Him Thursday, with the schedules and line-ups, going over all the little things he knows and all the requests he's gotten through out the week, and finally deciding whom to let have the "big plays" and which team to let have the wins. Then all the other sports out there.... I mean, most sports are daily things. Man, that must take up a lot of time. No wonder there's so much turmoil in the world. :shrug:

I will definitely have to look into that when my time comes.

Supkem said:
Your not going to find any threads praising Curtis Martin playing like its his last chance season. He knows times running out on those knees. And so do we. Personnally, I think you'd rather talk about the typos. It saves you from facing the truth.

Unfortunately all the mistakes you made in the above post are not typos.. You're simply a dullard.... Next!

As for facing the truth, see my posts in the pregame thread. I didn't see you post anything intelligent there. What's the matter, little man? Can't hang when it comes to X's and O's?

patsRmyboys said:
How's this for non-biased? Not only do the Yankees suck but ALL teams from New York suck! Does that work for ya? :D

Have you considered some degree of diplomacy?

bideau said:

History will have the eventual say in just how good Brady is. But for the first four years as a full time player, it's hard to find a more successful and clutch player at any point in NFL history.

There isn't anyone that could argue with that Bid, when someone tries to rip Brady all we have to do is point to the record which makes our argument for us.

This is a point that has annoyed the hell out of me forever. With all due respect to the "born again" zealots like Warner, who consider themselves God's own ROTC recruiters, these people never say a bleeping word about God when they get knocked on their asses.

Things you'll never hear:

"God got even with me for not praying hard enough and he let that Linebacker blow out my ACL. I'll guess I better pray harder."

"I'd like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for me dropping that pass at the goal line when I got my nose broken. We didn't score, but the dried blood on my jersey looked just like him suffering on the cross. We lost, but I feel blessed."

Just ONCE I wish a Satan worshipper got some equal mike time with these guys so I could hear:

" I would like to thank Beelzebub my dark master and all the bat-winged demons from hell for allowing me to destroy my opponent and ruin his life. To celebrate, my friends and I are going to drink fresh Goat's blood and then have an orgy complete with......."

You get the picture.

originally posted by NJJetsFan

Uhhh....does anyone know what an "acent" is?

Anyone???

Welcome to the board NJJ. But since you brought it on yourself to monitor spelling and grammar usage here on the Planet, I just thought I'd return the favor. :p ;) o:)

Hey bro I'm a Jet fan too but daaaaamn.................you just got owned

Supkem said:

Which truth is that? That Curtis Martin, our 31 year old back, is the 8th in all time rushing and is leading the NFL in rushing this year and second in TDs? That truth?

Or the truth that he is having his best year?

Lots of truth to pick from.

BZ

maelli said:
Uhhh....does anyone know what an "acent" is?

Anyone???

Welcome to the board NJJ. But since you brought it on yourself to monitor spelling and grammar usage here on the Planet, I just thought I'd return the favor. :p ;) o:)

That's odd... I'm *sure* I placed the 2nd "C" in there... There must be a hacker on the site or perhaps a mod went in and changed it to make me look bad. I mean what else could have happened? I certainly would not make such a basic mistake....

EDIT: Yes, it turns out that someone has decided to mess with my profile because they also changed my birthdate in my profile. (Why? I have no idea.) Everything is corrected now and I do humbly accept the position of Editor-In-Chief here on "The Planet" at least until this coming Monday or Tuesday when I will be done with my "I told you so" posts. :thumb:

NJJetsFan said:
That's odd... I'm *sure* I placed the 2nd "C" in there... There must be a hacker on the site or perhaps a mod went in and changed it to make me look bad. I mean what else could have happened? I certainly would not make such a basic mistake....

EDIT: Yes, it turns out that someone has decided to mess with my profile because they also changed my birthdate in my profile. (Why? I have no idea.) Everything is corrected now and I do humbly accept the position of Editor-In-Chief here on "The Planet" at least until this coming Monday or Tuesday when I will be done with my "I told you so" posts. :thumb:

Don't act like a typical NY fan .... your making excuses and insinuating a mod has sabotaged your post? lol :lame: .oh yea birth date is 2 words bro :thumb:

NJJetsFan said:

Dude - the Birthday thing is a bug in the version of vBulletin that this site runs on and it happens quite regularly.

Sounds like you may be a bit paranoid. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Annihilus said:
Dude - the Birthday thing is a bug in the version of vBulletin that this site runs on and it happens quite regularly.

Sounds like you may be a bit paranoid. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

There must be Nazis in the woodpile :D

NJJetsFan said:
Unfortunately all the mistakes you made in the above post are not typos.. You're simply a dullard.... Next!

What's the matter, little man? Can't hang when it comes to X's and O's?

A dullard, Hunh? You live in Jersey? Which exit?

Good english is one thing. But, I would much rather have bad english and be a Patriots fan than have good english and be a Jets fan.

The Jets--smartest fans, stupidest chant. Don't you guys have brains enough to come up with something more original?
Ah yes, Originallity dosen't require smarts....Kinda of like pointing out somebody's bad spelling dosen't require a lot of effort.
Ah, those New Yorkers, always taking the easy way out 'cus they don't have the heart or intestinal fortitude to do it the right way.
When you going to start talking football, schnook?
:4321:

A few reasons why New York Sucks:
"It is an inconvenience, being located in a city where taxes are ludicrously high, where you pay twice your annual income to rent an apartment that could easily be carried on a commercial airline flight, where you spend two-thirds of your work day trying to get to and from work......"If for some reason you are unsure where to go, all you have to do is stand there looking lost, and within seconds a helpful New Yorker will approach to see if you have any 'spare' change."

"At 3:14 A.M. I am awakened by a loud crashing sound, caused by workers from the city's crack Department of Making Loud Crashing Sounds during the night, who are just outside my window, breaking in a new taxicab by dropping it repeatedly from a 75-foot crane."

Oh, and if theres one thing I ain't, Its a little man.:cuss:

Supkem said:
A dullard, Hunh? You live in Jersey? Which exit?

Good english is one thing. But, I would much rather have bad english and be a Patriots fan than have good english and be a Jets fan.

When you going to start talking football, schnook?

Oh, and if theres one thing I ain't, Its a little man.:cuss:

Not that it matters, but I live no where near the NJ Turnpike or the Parkway. NJ is much more than what is shown in "The Sopranos". Come to think of it, my neighborhood isn't all that different from Tony Soprano's neighborhood.

I'm curious... At what point did *you* jump on the Patriot bandwagon? Was it after the 2001 season, or just last year? It's easy to be a fan of the Patriots, Yankees, etc. Oooops. Scratch "Yankees" after last night! :thumb:

Lastly, I began talking football the day I arrived here. Since you obviously missed it, or perhaps you don't read so well, check out the pre-game thread. I made two excellent posts in that thread that are sure to enlighten you. The "Pennington thread" has officially become the unofficial smack thread. The real football talk is in the pregame thread. Come on over! You'll probably learn a lot. :p

Annihilus said:

Thank you for mentioning that about the bug. Ahhhh! I can finally turn the lights back on, unbar the windows and start going out of my house again. (Insert shifty eyes here) :)

Back