People that know scripts or codes?

Brownfan80

Dad of 7, still love the Pats!
Reaction score
Is there a way to get my sig to count up each day automatically?

I am sure I won't log in every day and I will lose count unless some sort of script is doing it automatically.

Well, I found this:

<script>
var montharray=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")

function countup(yr,m,d){
var today=new Date()
var todayy=today.getYear()
if (todayy < 1000)
todayy+=1900
var todaym=today.getMonth()
var todayd=today.getDate()
var todaystring=montharray[todaym]+" "+todayd+", "+todayy
var paststring=montharray[m-1]+" "+d+", "+yr
var difference=(Math.round((Date.parse(todaystring)-Date.parse(paststring))/(24*60*60*1000))*1)
difference+=" days"
document.write("Days without a drink: "+difference+"..")
}
countup(2009,3,13)
</script>

But when I put it in my sig it says this:
"Your signature cannot be longer than 500 characters excluding BB code markup."

:cuss:

EDIT: Well, what I found didn't work anyway. Blah!

test

Code:
<script>
var montha=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")
function up(yr,m,d){
var tdy=new Date()
var tdyy=tdy.getYear()
if (tdyy < 1000)
tdyy+=1900
var tdym=tdy.getMonth()
var tdyd=tdy.getDate()
var tdystr=montha[tdym]+" "+tdyd+", "+tdyy
var paststr=montha[m-1]+" "+d+", "+yr
var diff=(Math.round((Date.parse(tdystr)-Date.parse(paststr))/(24*60*60*1000))*1)
document.write("Days without alcohol: "+diff+"")
}
up(2009,03,13)
</script>

wtf why is it so big

test

Code:
<script>
var montha=new Array("Jan","Feb","Mar","Apr","May","Jun","Jul","Aug","Sep","Oct","Nov","Dec")
function up(yr,m,d){
var tdy=new Date()
var tdyy=tdy.getYear()
if (tdyy < 1000)
tdyy+=1900
var tdym=tdy.getMonth()
var tdyd=tdy.getDate()
var diff=(Math.round((Date.parse(tdystr)-Date.parse(paststr))/(24*60*60*1000))*1)
}
up(2009,03,13)
</script>

wtf why is it so big

Great, with a sig that big, Anni will come multicolor wrath me. haha.

Did someone say "scrip?"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HMA5YD0jsk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3HMA5YD0jsk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

test

Code:
<SCRIPT>
function up(yr,m,d){
var tdy=new Date()
var tdyy=tdy.getYear()
if (tdyy < 1000)
tdyy+=1900
var tdym=tdy.getMonth()
var tdyd=tdy.getDate()
}
up(2009,03,13)
</SCRIPT>

wtf why is it so big

That's what she said.

Is there a way to get my sig to count up each day automatically?

I am sure I won't log in every day and I will lose count unless some sort of script is doing it automatically.

I don't get it.

If you don't log in every day, then how can we know for sure that you did indeed have another day without alcohol? You could be missing for a week, and your sig could be counting up 'days without alcohol' while all the time, for all we know, you're naked in a gutter somewhere wearing high heels and clutching a bottle of Wild Irish Rose with your car keys in your ass, yelling, "It's flooded! I can't start it!" (Apologies to Robin Williams for stealing his creation there.)

Isn't it easier to just, in your sig, write, "Alcohol-free since March 13th, 2009", and then we assume you're still carrying through with it unless your sig changes? Or we see you in high heels bareassed? Just sayin'.

Does this sig make my ass look fat?
No, your fat ass makes your ass look fat (I always wanted to say that, but I was always afraid of teh death and no secks and whatnot)

I don't get it.

If you don't log in every day, then how can we know for sure that you did indeed have another day without alcohol? You could be missing for a week, and your sig could be counting up 'days without alcohol' while all the time, for all we know, you're naked in a gutter somewhere wearing high heels and clutching a bottle of Wild Irish Rose with your car keys in your ass, yelling, "It's flooded! I can't start it!" (Apologies to Robin Williams for stealing his creation there.)

Isn't it easier to just, in your sig, write, "Alcohol-free since March 13th, 2009", and then we assume you're still carrying through with it unless your sig changes? Or we see you in high heels bareassed? Just sayin'.

I thought about that. I figured that knowing the counter was, eh, counting on me, would give me some additional motivation. I don't want to let my sig down.

I have a hard time saying no to booze. And it's the weekend. I need all the motivation I can pull.

No, your fat ass makes your ass look fat (I always wanted to say that, but I was always afraid of teh death and no secks and whatnot)

But then you say- you know I love it, that's why I'm always trying to hit it.

Counterbalances and adds points. :thumb:

Oh, snap. I guess "preview post" isn't really accurate... I'll have to try again with this code.

Send UT a pm; he is really code with coding/scripting even though he denies it...

But then you say- you know I love it, that's why I'm always trying to hit it.

Counterbalances and adds points. :thumb:

What she said.

But also, be sure you use "phat" rather than "fat." Sounds similar, but the intent is miles apart.

Back