How could you sleep knowing that your team is about to be exposed with the biggest cover up in sports history? :bang:

Well, that is just the thing. No one knows anything yet. I'm bored with the speculation, and especially the arguments about the speculation.

:zzz:

Sorry, it's hard for me to believe a disgruntled employee would wait over 4 years to "get back" at his former employer. If he were disgruntled, he would have just leaked the info he has a long time ago, like right after he was fired.

Thats sounds more like another smear campaign be waged by the Patriot machine.

Why tape private conversations?

Sorry, it's hard for me to believe a disgruntled employee would wait over 4 years to "get back" at his former employer. If he were disgruntled, he would have just leaked the info he has a long time ago, like right after he was fired.

Thats sounds more like another smear campaign be waged by the Patriot machine.

Of course, because you want Walsh to be virtuous and unimpeachable.

Why tape private conversations?

To cover his ass. To prove he was instructed by the higher ups to video tape the opposing team. Because he knew if shit hit the fan the Pats and the NFL would ruin him if he didn't have proof they he was doing what he was told.

Oh, so the "disgruntled employee" didn't contact the media???? Kinda shoots the "disgruntled employee" theory in the foot.

Then the media started calling. Suspecting Belichick's video team had taped opponents' signals long before the Jets incident, a number of reporters contacted Walsh - the only former video staffer who worked under Belichick and no longer was employed in the NFL - and Walsh did little to dissuade them.

To cover his ass. To prove he was instructed by the higher ups to video tape the opposing team. Because he knew if shit hit the fan the Pats and the NFL would ruin him if he didn't have proof they he was doing what he was told.

Sorry, that doesn't float..this was 6 years ago before the memos and such, why would the NFL and the Pats try and ruin him...you're reaching...

Dumb Dumb, it was all destroyed by your pal Roger. :choices:

You mean the 6 tapes he had of the last two years in the preseason? Yeah some damning stuff there....give it up. Teams tape over the same stuff over and over, if there was anything its gone. Anything walsh has he stole or did on his own, and the pats can say they have no knoweldge of it, and they are probably right. The amount of attention this has reached is comical at this point.

Why would he have to cover his ass over something that was not even illigal at the time? Now you are really reaching. I mean do you even have an idea of why he was fired?

He recorded one conversation...

By early 2003, Walsh had fallen out of favor with his boss, Scott Pioli, the vice president of player personnel. In his final act with the team, Walsh secretly audiotaped Pioli criticizing his job performance during a meeting in Pioli's office, according to an account Pioli gave the Globe last month and from others familiar with the incident. A coworker who witnessed the taping alerted Pioli, who went to Walsh's desk after he left for the day, retrieved the tape, and listened to the unauthorized recording.

Walsh's attorney says that is a "complete fabrication".

And the patriots say the same thing about a walk thru tape....

Lawyers never lie...ask Rusty Harden...

Why would he have to cover his ass over something that was not even illigal at the time? Now you are really reaching. I mean do you even have an idea of why he was fired?

Video taping an opponents walk through was absolutely against the rules. Who knows what else Walsh has, maybe there is some pretty damning stuff that we don't know about.:shrug:

Video taping an opponents walk through was absolutely against the rules. Who knows what else Walsh has, maybe there is some pretty damning stuff that we don't know about.:shrug:

I've asked you before, where is that rule?

And the patriots say the same thing about a walk thru tape....

Lawyers never lie...ask Rusty Harden...

Yeah, well I guess who ever has the video/audio tapes will be the winner! Something tells me that Pioli and the Pats will not have the tape of Walsh recording his conversation.

Yeah, well I guess who ever has the video/audio tapes will be the winner! Something tells me that Pioli and the Pats will not have the tape of Walsh recording his conversation.

Something tells me if Pioli doe's it still wouldn't change your mind, it's already been made up along time ago...I'm not sure why I bother...

Oh really? can you show me in the rule book in 2001 where it was illigal, and then while you are at it, show me the proof that the pats had him do this and they used it agaisnt the rams, oh and then while you are at it, show me how it helped.

Back