Play By Play For Divisional Round?

NFL Network

Reaction score
Hi guys anyone know which CBS crew will be doing play by play for the Divisional round?

I'm just hoping it's not Ian Eagle & Dan Fouts as those are the 2 most anti Patriots announcers on the planet.

In the Miami game for example whenever they did anything positive Eagle's voice raised a ton of decibels louder than any of the Patriots scores/big plays. As a matter of fact Eagle even roots against the Pats when he's calling games featuring their divisional rivals as in week 1 when the Dolphins were at Seattle he was yelling for a Dolphin upset over the Seahawks but it didn't happen.

And Fouts he's just an annoying loser who praises anything the other team does and just pure rooting against the Patriots as if he has serious cash on the other team.

Hi guys anyone know which CBS crew will be doing play by play for the Divisional round?

I'm just hoping it's not Ian Eagle & Dan Fouts as those are the 2 most anti Patriots announcers on the planet.

In the Miami game for example whenever they did anything positive Eagle's voice raised a ton of decibels louder than any of the Patriots scores/big plays. As a matter of fact Eagle even roots against the Pats when he's calling games featuring their divisional rivals as in week 1 when the Dolphins were at Seattle he was yelling for a Dolphin upset over the Seahawks but it didn't happen.

And Fouts he's just an annoying loser who praises anything the other team does and just pure rooting against the Patriots as if he has serious cash on the other team.

Eagle/Fouts are the #3 team for CBS. They won't be used for the playoffs. This could be the turning point of the season. :coffee:

First world problems. Most teams would be happy with two Jack Russell terriers yapping back and forth as long as their team was in the game.

I don't know why Patriot fans dislike Eagle and Fouts so much.

There are easily seventeen high comedy moments per game when these to idiots are announcing.

Probably going to be Nantz and Simms for CBS

Pats are the 1 seed. It will be these guys.

---------- Post added at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Eagle/Fouts are the #3 team for CBS. They won't be used for the playoffs. This could be the turning point of the season. :coffee:

who's the #2?

Gumbel/Trent Green. Half of that team is worse than Eagle/Fouts combined.

Don't think I've ever seen a broadcast with them. I like Fouts though from an entertainingly stupid standpoint. Having him in the booth for a game that Jerome Bogar is refereeing is about as comical as it gets.

I don't think Eagle is anti Patriots. Fouts is though. Eagle was screaming when Jules scored that TD on Sunday.

Don't think I've ever seen a broadcast with them. I like Fouts though from an entertainingly stupid standpoint. Having him in the booth for a game that Jerome Bogar is refereeing is about as comical as it gets.

Trent Green is a honk for the teams he used to play for, and openly hates the Patriots.

He did the first Dolphins game this year, he was intolerable.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

I don't think Eagle is anti Patriots. Fouts is though. Eagle was screaming when Jules scored that TD on Sunday.

Eagle is 1000x more anti-Patriots than Dan Fouts. Dan Fouts just watches a different game than everyone else. Eagle used to call play-by-play for the Jets.

Trent Green is a honk for the teams he used to play for, and openly hates the Patriots.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Eagle is 1000x more anti-Patriots than Dan Fouts. Dan Fouts just watches a different game than everyone else. Eagle used to call play-by-play for the Jets.
Green blows.

Fouts has residue head trauma issues

Always cracks me up over how many of these guys that never won anything or lost to the Pats (Falk and Warner- though Warner isn't as open about it as Falk is) do. Case in point- I HATED Michael Irvin as a player. He's the only guy I've ever cheered for when he got hurt (the career-ending injury in Philly when he got dumped on his head). But...he has an appreciation for the greatness of the Patriots that none of the other clowns that he's surrounded by do. Bradshaw is the same way. It takes a really special mindset to understand what it takes to maintain a consistent level of excellence, and if you haven't done it you just don't get it. Anybody can get lucky once. In another thread, when I was dumping on Harbawl, somebody mentioned that he had won a Super Bowl. So did Barry Switzer. Trent Dilfer and Doug Williams won as players. Anybody can get lucky once.

Being in the stands so you can't even listen is even better.
this is true best play by play is the drunk guy two rows back yelling sweep on a run up the middle :D

but back in the day I had my 2" tv w/ singular earplug so I could watch replays before these giant fancy screens were added.

:toast:

this is true best play by play is the drunk guy two rows back yelling sweep on a run up the middle :D

but back in the day I had my 2" tv w/ singular earplug so I could watch replays before these giant fancy screens were added.

:toast:

I had the same thing. I was the most popular guy in the section.
The guy behind me likes to call holding on every play.

Well....he's not wrong. :shrug:

While that may be true, invite me over to your house sometime and I can stand behind you yelling "Holding, where's da flag ref?" all game long. It's quite an experience.

10 grown men around a little TV, it is funny looking back at it. Now I wonder if I could bring it into a game.

Well, the old one wouldn't work anymore since digital signals didn't exist back then. I actually found my old one a couple of years ago and tried it. Nothing but static.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't hear that hate from Eagle?

Back