Play By Play For Divisional Round?

First world problems. Most teams would be happy with two Jack Russell terriers yapping back and forth as long as their team was in the game.

As Tommy said above, CBS won't be using their #3 team for the playoffs.

Suggest other teams go to the Humane Society.:coffee:

I don't know why Patriot fans dislike Eagle and Fouts so much.

There are easily seventeen high comedy moments per game when these to idiots are announcing.

Fouts is growing on me...he used to be really annoying. Now, he's almost Madden like (unintentionally funny). :toast:

I really cannot stand Nantzy boy. He is much worse than Simms imo.

There aren't many pro Pats announcers. Too bad Boomer Esiason isn't one. I do like him.

Eagle/Fouts are the #3 team for CBS. They won't be used for the playoffs. This could be the turning point of the season. :coffee:

Collateral inquiry: What's the current record for turning points in a season? We should be close. :shrug:

Cheers

Fouts is growing on me...he used to be really annoying. Now, he's almost Madden like (unintentionally funny). :toast:

I really cannot stand Nantzy boy. He is much worse than Simms imo.

There aren't many pro Pats announcers. Too bad Boomer Esiason isn't one. I do like him.

I think that once Wrecks gets in the booth the man-crush he's had on Belichick all this time will explode in a manner that will rival Old Faithful.

...wait a minute, I just thought about how that could be interpreted...:eek:

I think that once Wrecks gets in the booth the man-crush he's had on Belichick all this time will explode in a manner that will rival Old Faithful.

...wait a minute, I just thought about how that could be interpreted...:eek:

Clean-Up-In-Aisle-Number-2-Funny-Shart-Meme-Image.jpg

I don't want a pro Pats anyone, I want a knowledgeable person who shows no bias and who is actually watching the game that is taking place in front of them, period. I like Trico, for example. No annoying sayings, calm, understated, nice sense of humor, knows how to pack in the words then ALSO KNOWS WHEN TO STOP TALKING, has great feel of the"flow" and can help the other meathead with him transition to another topic, etc.
One thing I thank the football gods for is that they stopped having those annoying as FVCK celebrity guests in the booth all the time. If I wanted to hear some movie star's opinion on football or worse yet a 15 minute commercial for their new movie I'd well, I wouldn't.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't hear that hate from Eagle?

You're missing it. It's always more subtle from the play-by-play guy (Jim Nantz, perfect example).

Most play-by-play guys don't care. Al Michaels doesn't care. Joe Buck doesn't care. Greg Gumbel doesn't care. Kevin Harlon, Chris Meyers, they don't care. McDonough, Tirico, they don't care. They just call the game and go home. They don't care who wins, they just want a good game to keep the ratings going.

Jim Nantz cares, even as childish as shorting the Patriots a yard on every spot (3rd and 8, when it's really 3rd and 7). I think it was TehClown who posted the condensed game for the Denver game. Just listen to how depressed Nantz sounds in the third and fourth quarter, when it's obvious the Broncos had no answer at all, none.

Ian Eagle's the same way. If there's a condensed game for this week, listen to how orgasmically ecstatic he gets when the Dolphins cut it to 20-14 (even Fouts was like, 'wow, that's a blown coverage, they're lucky), and then how frickin depressed he gets when he realizes the Dolphins aren't scoring again.

I don't want a pro Pats anyone, I want a knowledgeable person who shows no bias and who is actually watching the game that is taking place in front of them, period. I like Trico, for example. No annoying sayings, calm, understated, nice sense of humor, knows how to pack in the words then ALSO KNOWS WHEN TO STOP TALKING, has great feel of the"flow" and can help the other meathead with him transition to another topic, etc.
One thing I thank the football gods for is that they stopped having those annoying as FVCK celebrity guests in the booth all the time. If I wanted to hear some movie star's opinion on football or worse yet a 15 minute commercial for their new movie I'd well, I wouldn't.

I agree with all of this.

I don't want a Pro-Pats anyone. John Lynch was just as infuriating to listen to as Trent Green. So is Jon Gruden when he's in full-on Brady nut-riding mode.

Tirico does a high-pitched thing that's really annoying some times. He needs to take Gus Johnson lessons on how to do it awesomely. :coffee:

You're missing it. It's always more subtle from the play-by-play guy (Jim Nantz, perfect example).

Most play-by-play guys don't care. Al Michaels doesn't care. Joe Buck doesn't care. Greg Gumbel doesn't care. Kevin Harlon, Chris Meyers, they don't care. McDonough, Tirico, they don't care. They just call the game and go home. They don't care who wins, they just want a good game to keep the ratings going.

Jim Nantz cares, even as childish as shorting the Patriots a yard on every spot (3rd and 8, when it's really 3rd and 7). I think it was TehClown who posted the condensed game for the Denver game. Just listen to how depressed Nantz sounds in the third and fourth quarter, when it's obvious the Broncos had no answer at all, none.

Ian Eagle's the same way. If there's a condensed game for this week, listen to how orgasmically ecstatic he gets when the Dolphins cut it to 20-14 (even Fouts was like, 'wow, that's a blown coverage, they're lucky), and then how frickin depressed he gets when he realizes the Dolphins aren't scoring again.

I'm glad somebody else notices that too. Based on the market I live in 9 times out of 10 if I'm getting the Pats on a CBS broadcast it Sims and Nantz.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I don't want a Pro-Pats anyone. John Lynch was just as infuriating to listen to as Trent Green.

Tirico does a high-pitched thing that's really annoying some times. He needs to take Gus Johnson lessons on how to do it awesomely. :coffee:

John Lynch should be drawn and quartered...right after being flayed.

But Tommy, most fan bases perceive biases in announcers. Seahag fans really believe that Joe Buck is a Packers fan and is clearly biased and they even launched a petition to ban him from announcing Seahag games. They got nearly 20,000 signatures!

The Seattle Seahawks 12th man are growing increasingly tired of the negative remarks that are consistently made against our team by Fox Sports commentators Troy Aikman & Joe Buck. As nationally televised games, we understand that the commentators need to be sensitive to both the fans of the home and away team. However, Aikman & Buck's comments heavily favor any and all of the Seahawks opponents. Their comments are incredibly critical and degrading. Not only do we respectfully request, the 12th Man DEMANDS that these two commentators be banned from calling any future Seahawks games.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...2th-man-petition-to-ban-certain-commentators/

I don't want a Pro-Pats anyone. John Lynch was just as infuriating to listen to as Trent Green. So is Jon Gruden when he's in full-on Brady nut-riding mode.

Yeah Lynch was like having your mom present you for an award. ROFL
I mean, i know willie mac, heath and tedy are 100% homer, and i enjoy small doses, but i know what they are(and tedy flat out made me cringe with that over the top rant on ocho). that's why rodney is my favorite ex pat tv person. he loves them but he won't lie for them.

i never noticed the tirico squeak. i think I'm like a 70 yo in a bar wanting to be picked up:grateful for even a somewhat likely candidate, so i see no flaws. :D

But Tommy, most fan bases perceive biases in announcers. Seahag fans really believe that Joe Buck is a Packers fan and is clearly biased and they even launched a petition to ban him from announcing Seahag games. They got nearly 20,000 signatures!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-g...2th-man-petition-to-ban-certain-commentators/

Clare will tell you, never underestimate the idiocy of the 12s.

Joe Buck is a baseball announcer, and only does football because FOX makes him do it. He does little to no prep, letting Aikman carry that water. He knows three guys per team, and sometimes less, and he will only talk about those three guys throughout the course of the game. (For GB it's Rodgers, Clay Matthews and Randall Cobb. For Seattle it's Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Richard Sherman). Listen to him sometime, it's uncanny.

i never noticed the tirico squeak. i think I'm like a 70 yo in a bar wanting to be picked up:grateful for even a somewhat likely candidate, so i see no flaws. :D

It's not a squeak so much as his voice jumps like 3 octaves on any play over 20 yards. He's done it forever. Same as when he did basketball.

All-in-all though, he's one of the better ones, it's a minor nitpick. One of the best at it, ironically, is Joe Buck, who really went to the Pat Summerall school of big play calls.

Listen to Joe Buck call a Packer game and you'll hear his decibel level rise when Aaron Rodgers makes a big play or when Jordy Nelson catches a pass b/c he loves them. When the other team scores on the Packers Joe Buck becomes silent again.

As for Ian Eagle well he's pure trash as he always praying for the other team to come back on the Patriots as the Dolphin TD that cut the score to 20-14 got a way higher decibel level than the Edelman TD that made the score 27-14.

I also couldn't stand Gus Johnson when he called games for CBS as he was way too loud and would cheer for anything & anyone.

Clare will tell you, never underestimate the idiocy of the 12s.

Joe Buck is a baseball announcer, and only does football because FOX makes him do it. He does little to no prep, letting Aikman carry that water. He knows three guys per team, and sometimes less, and he will only talk about those three guys throughout the course of the game. (For GB it's Rodgers, Clay Matthews and Randall Cobb. For Seattle it's Wilson, Jimmy Graham and Richard Sherman). Listen to him sometime, it's uncanny.

It's not a squeak so much as his voice jumps like 3 octaves on any play over 20 yards. He's done it forever. Same as when he did basketball.

All-in-all though, he's one of the better ones, it's a minor nitpick. One of the best at it, ironically, is Joe Buck, who really went to the Pat Summerall school of big play calls.

You're right on the Buck - Summerall thing. Joe does that well, just keeps it very simple but his clear phrases amplifies a big play. He was great calling some of Big Papi's crucial homers.

Tirico definitely goes high in big plays.

I've never had qualms with an announcer. Other than the shit tier Pam Ward caliber college announcers.

I like Michaels and Collinsworth FWIW. I know a lot of people don't like Collinsworth but I think he's pretty funny and knows his shit.

Nantz is a freaking tool.

Eagle and Fouts are idiots but I had to laugh at Fouts during the Jets game, they were having some discussion about not wearing neckties that day and Fouts said the only tie he liked was a Mai-Tai... fair enough... LOL

Back