playcalling 101 thread

So felger was chatting about how SF and JG have shanahan who has a "nice offensive scheme.". Schemed running game and passing to the backs, etc. Then the discussion was about Brady having difficulties with his young receivers, (For years)... However the link was not made ( duh...) that the scheme of MCD might be part of the problem.. I was going to call in but it's always busy.

It's the elephant in the room. Hall of Fame goat QB can't develop new young talented receivers... Huh? It's football right? No it's the MCD system that has developed so much "sophistication" with elite sophisticated QB that normal young receivers need to devote their lives 24/7 to study ,practice , mind read, etc. in order to get a ball thrown their way.

Then you have an elite talent Gordon, who is kinda mystified also since he is ignored on many plays and there is this myopic approach to the intricacies of the system reads that only Edelman or a guy like AB with all world moves , and experience can do it.

Um... The elephant is stomping on your head MCD.:tmack:

I'm not saying it's an easy problem.. It takes a creative solution to loosen up the defense, then plays designed to work for all the players. Make the system fit the player , moreso than the existing brain cramp.

If the system or OC don't have this flexibility, then they kinda blow. IMO.:blink:.

I'm not saying it's an easy problem.. It takes a creative solution to loosen up the defense, then plays designed to work for all the players. Make the system fit the player , moreso than the existing brain cramp.

If the system or OC don't have this flexibility, then they kinda blow. IMO.:blink:.
Seriously what is so hard about getting more players involved in the game plan? Tell Gordon he will be the focus this week, along with Meyers. Make it happen since those reps will be needed later.:thumb:

Coolade said:
So felger was chatting about how SF and JG have shanahan who has a "nice offensive scheme.". Schemed running game and passing to the backs, etc. Then the discussion was about Brady having difficulties with his young receivers, (For years)... However the link was not made ( duh...) that the scheme of MCD might be part of the problem.. I was going to call in but it's always busy.

It's the elephant in the room. Hall of Fame goat QB can't develop new young talented receivers... Huh? It's football right? No it's the MCD system that has developed so much "sophistication" with elite sophisticated QB that normal young receivers need to devote their lives 24/7 to study ,practice , mind read, etc. in order to get a ball thrown their way.

Then you have an elite talent Gordon, who is kinda mystified also since he is ignored on many plays and there is this myopic approach to the intricacies of the system reads that only Edelman or a guy like AB with all world moves , and experience can do it.

Um... The elephant is stomping on your head MCD.

Coolade said:

If the system or OC don't have this flexibility, then they kinda blow. IMO..

Seriously what is so hard about getting more players involved in the game plan? Tell Gordon he will be the focus this week, along with Meyers. Make it happen since those reps will be needed later.:thumb:

LOL. Having a nice conversation with yourself there Mr. Coolade.

LOL. Having a nice conversation with yourself there Mr. Coolade.

No it's called posting.. your first board, is it? Some boards are kinda limited in the response factor. Gee how big is the brain width of this board ? It is what it is.. :huh: haha..

No it's called posting.. your first board, is it? Some boards are kinda limited in the response factor. Gee how big is the brain width of this board ? It is what it is.. :huh: haha..

Oh it's called posting. Thanks for the clarification. Yes it is my first board actually. Of course I joined it 15 years ago. Maybe I'm a slow learner or just haven't noticed long strings of people replying to their own posts. I learn something new every day. I hope you make your point to yourself successfully though! :coffee:

The brain width of this board was pretty high, but has seemed to have dropped significantly lately. Can't quite put my finger on why, but I think I must be getting close. Any thoughts?

You guys should seriously consider putting this fucktard on ignore. I did, works great.

You guys should seriously consider putting this fucktard on ignore. I did, works great.
Never used ignore. Kind of a point of pride I guess. I figure if the guy wants to play the fool, why shouldn't I get to watch and enjoy? :shrug:

So is dissing a thread on play calling. Ignorant. Especially when goat QB led offense is middle of pack against 80% 1-17 opponents... Haha. What is a football board for..? um.. they already have cheerleaders, and fan boys , and politically correct press coverage. A board is for posting your ideas that are entertaining at least to yourself, and then hopefully there's enough people that you get some entertaining feedback.

News flash.. ^^^^. This isn't and that's on you. Waaaa. You're talking to yourself. Waaaa I'm calling you names, cuz I have nothing interesting to post. Planetarium petunias alert.

My speculation is simply to make provocative possibility to see if it happens. Why not. ? Football is the most interesting sport for all the strategic reasons. IMO. But this apparently is a minority take around here. :blink::peace:

Planetarium petunias alert

Good grief. Don't you know that anytime a Petunia is mentioned on this board you are suppose to post a picture? Bulletin board etoquote 101. Especially planetarium Petunias

Good grief. Don't you know that anytime a Petunia is mentioned on this board you are suppose to post a picture? Bulletin board etoquote 101. Especially planetarium Petunias

Yeah , pp pics are cool but that's the girlie thread.

Hey bro , why don't you chat the issues in my posts that you quoted. ? It's ok , really. Don't be afraid cuz it's not a fanboy cheerleader take.. it's ok to be critical of strategy.. :blink::tmack:

Fantastic.. MCD finally got Josh Gordon involved in the offense... See, they had him designated as the desperation tackler after a Brady fumble .

Yeah.. it was brilliant design and used his profound talents .. grabbing and pulling except ooops , bad luck getting his foot caught for the 2nd degree MCL sprain.:clap::clap::tmack:

Fantastic.. MCD finally got Josh Gordon involved in the offense... See, they had him designated as the desperation tackler after a Brady fumble .

Yeah.. it was brilliant design and used his profound talents .. grabbing and pulling except ooops , bad luck getting his foot caught for the 2nd degree MCL sprain.:clap::clap::tmack:

Rub some dirt on it take an aspirin and he'll be fine. Right Doc? :coffee:

this thread represent whats changed, no longer can we be disagreeable in an agreeable way. its all posturing and testosterone fuel dick waving in fun house mirrors so you can claim supremacy.

what a bunch of hogwash at times.

but hey keyboard balls exists everywhere.

Big deal. He has another leg he can use. Right doc?

Seriously though, Brady did a good job of throwing to his rookies last night. Meyers looked good catching the ball. He doesn't get a lot of separation, but he has great hands. Looks like he might be working his way into the circle of trust, as someone mentioned in the game thread last night. Even Gunner caught couple, and passing to Sony has to open things up eventually. Too bad Gordon got hurt, but hopefully he recovers quickly. Sounds like Dorsett comes back soon too. It will be interesting to see what move the team makes during this 11 day period between games.

The running game gained over 100 yards. Not bad. Some of the play calls were bad, like the deep pitch sweep on third and short, which basically made it a 3rd and medium play that the Giants blew up. But I was glad that they kept trying to run the ball. They will get it going.

this thread represent whats changed, no longer can we be disagreeable in an agreeable way. its all posturing and testosterone fuel dick waving in fun house mirrors so you can claim supremacy.

what a bunch of hogwash at times.

but hey keyboard balls exists everywhere.

Life is too short:
For Fake butter, or
Fake People.

Cheers

Back