playcalling 101 thread

My old keyboard mouse had a big ball too. Now it just has an LED thingy.

Kids in HS when was teaching english, had taken to stealing those balls, especilly in the computer labs so they could shutdown whole classes.

What's the matter with Kids today?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T3PvcpWbUIg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers

this thread represent whats changed, no longer can we be disagreeable in an agreeable way. its all posturing and testosterone fuel dick waving in fun house mirrors so you can claim supremacy.

what a bunch of hogwash at times.

but hey keyboard balls exists everywhere.

Thread got sidetracked onto bitch exchange then gets back on topic, hopefully. . Post something interesting in disagreeable way. That's fine. :thumb:

Big deal. He has another leg he can use. Right doc?

Seriously though, Brady did a good job of throwing to his rookies last night. Meyers looked good catching the ball. He doesn't get a lot of separation, but he has great hands. Looks like he might be working his way into the circle of trust, as someone mentioned in the game thread last night. Even Gunner caught couple, and passing to Sony has to open things up eventually. Too bad Gordon got hurt, but hopefully he recovers quickly. Sounds like Dorsett comes back soon too. It will be interesting to see what move the team makes during this 11 day period between games.

The running game gained over 100 yards. Not bad. Some of the play calls were bad, like the deep pitch sweep on third and short, which basically made it a 3rd and medium play that the Giants blew up. But I was glad that they kept trying to run the ball. They will get it going.

Agree on the positives but the game thread had lots of posts also about the offense being off. Its hard to put finger on the exact problem but the Gordon issue I focused on before the game as important. Then he gets one short pitch and then gets hurt. Ug. Fail. We'll see what they do with that.

this thread represent whats changed, no longer can we be disagreeable in an agreeable way. its all posturing and testosterone fuel dick waving in fun house mirrors so you can claim supremacy.

what a bunch of hogwash at times.

but hey keyboard balls exists everywhere.

Perhaps this thread and the OP could be moved to a place where they can talk to themselves, without the pesky interruptions of the main board?

Perhaps this thread and the OP could be moved to a place where they can talk to themselves, without the pesky interruptions of the main board?

We could create a monologue forum?

Cheers

Rub some dirt on it take an aspirin and he'll be fine. Right Doc? :coffee:

Nope, I've had that injury and its 2-3weeks . Gordon had knee issue before the game I heard somewhere. Not sure if its the same knee or not.

But the play that got him injured is what this thread is about.

Haha.. did the thread about playcalling interrupt your preferred threads about music, movies , wtf, words,etc on football forum?

Maybe you can apply for thread management job. You're right on top of it.

We could create a monologue forum?

Cheers

Maybe a Timmy Tommy thread..too. wuv

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Seriously... I'll be watching a replay of Jints game and hopefully getting some interesting takes on this offensive offensive performance. Stay tuned. That is for those interested in strategy discussion.

LOL. Having a nice conversation with yourself there Mr. Coolade.
A legend in his own mind.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

So is dissing a thread on play calling. Ignorant. Especially when goat QB led offense is middle of pack against 80% 1-17 opponents... Haha. What is a football board for..? um.. they already have cheerleaders, and fan boys , and politically correct press coverage. A board is for posting your ideas that are entertaining at least to yourself, and then hopefully there's enough people that you get some entertaining feedback.

News flash.. ^^^^. This isn't and that's on you. Waaaa. You're talking to yourself. Waaaa I'm calling you names, cuz I have nothing interesting to post. Planetarium petunias alert.

My speculation is simply to make provocative possibility to see if it happens. Why not. ? Football is the most interesting sport for all the strategic reasons. IMO. But this apparently is a minority take around here. :blink::peace:
Holy shit!!! Do you have any idea how stupid you sound? Seriously?

I remember on an old board run by the Patriots press office there would be times like this. So many don't remember the years of sub 500 records. Many don't even remember when Pete Carroll was the head coach here. So the offence isn't what you think it should be and you think you need a scapegoat. Have fun with that. Fact there are many injuries that are attributing to how the offence is performing. Center is a back up, LT is a back up, Rex Burkhead is out again, Edelman is banged up, Gordon is not 100 % Dorsett is hurt, Develin is on IR, they don't seem to have a solid blocking TE in fact for most of that game they had but one TE at all. Many wanted rid of Gostkowski but as was shown in the Washington game the holder has some issues setting the ball right. Never mind the fact that Gost needed hip surgery. But wtf go ahead and complain and attack any who don't agree. It seems to be what this country has spiraled down it to these days.

A legend in his own mind.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Holy shit!!! Do you have any idea how stupid you sound? Seriously?

Dude go back to trying to be clever. Being a complaining bitch isn't Spacey enough for you.

I remember on an old board run by the Patriots press office there would be times like this. So many don't remember the years of sub 500 records. Many don't even remember when Pete Carroll was the head coach here. So the offence isn't what you think it should be and you think you need a scapegoat. Have fun with that. Fact there are many injuries that are attributing to how the offence is performing. Center is a back up, LT is a back up, Rex Burkhead is out again, Edelman is banged up, Gordon is not 100 % Dorsett is hurt, Develin is on IR, they don't seem to have a solid blocking TE in fact for most of that game they had but one TE at all. Many wanted rid of Gostkowski but as was shown in the Washington game the holder has some issues setting the ball right. Never mind the fact that Gost needed hip surgery. But wtf go ahead and complain and attack any who don't agree. It seems to be what this country has spiraled down it to these days.

Yup .. Many things that can affect the performance of specific plays that depend on that aspect. That's why you design other plays that use the talent that you have. That's the OCs job... And when it doesn't happen fans get to chat about what they want the OC to do. In a thread.. Awesome except there are weenies that rather post that all is wonderful and we just shut up... LMAO &#55357;&#56834; like that's why they invented the internet. :thumb:popcorn:cool:

Yup .. Many things that can affect the performance of specific plays that depend on that aspect. That's why you design other plays that use the talent that you have. That's the OCs job... And when it doesn't happen fans get to chat about what they want the OC to do. In a thread.. Awesome except there are weenies that rather post that all is wonderful and we just shut up... LMAO �� like that's why they invented the internet. :thumb:popcorn:cool:
I didn't say people couldn't have opinions. It is the few that get over wired if you don't agree with them that bother me. However in this case the OC can only work with what is out there. Other than Edelman the WRs were rookies without much experience in any program. They did what they could and the Pats did win. It looks like Gordon will be fine and Dorsett will be back for the next game. Those two vets will help. The TE issue is yet to be determined. I don't see an answer yet for the poor run blocking by the O-Line. I don't believe everything is fine. There are changes than will need to happen. I am hopeful that the return of Isaiah Wynn will help with the O-Line. I will say than I have learned to be patient with this team as often enough things have turned around and improved.

I can’t remember the line being this bad in the Brady era. Maybe the year Scar left, but even then I’d lean towards this being the worst. I keep hearing Wynn mentioned. He probably should be a guard, is always injured, and has shown absolutely nothing to demonstrate he can be relied upon to save this situation. Hopefully one day he develops into a versatile lineman who can fill in at tackle, but how can you expect anything from him? Notwithstanding his most recent injury, an Achilles tear is a big deal. Most people need two years to feel right, especially bigger guys. Really disappointed in the coaching staff for not having the depth on the oline this year. Really disappointed that Harry pick was used for a WR who will probably take years to get up to speed if he ever does vs bolstering the Oline.

I didn't say people couldn't have opinions. It is the few that get over wired if you don't agree with them that bother me. However in this case the OC can only work with what is out there. Other than Edelman the WRs were rookies without much experience in any program. They did what they could and the Pats did win. It looks like Gordon will be fine and Dorsett will be back for the next game. Those two vets will help. The TE issue is yet to be determined. I don't see an answer yet for the poor run blocking by the O-Line. I don't believe everything is fine. There are changes than will need to happen. I am hopeful that the return of Isaiah Wynn will help with the O-Line. I will say than I have learned to be patient with this team as often enough things have turned around and improved.

Yes, patience is good and I hope you are right about Gordon since not sure what report you are basing that on. If we're chatting wide receivers in the game plan, it was good to see Meyers making great catches. ( On sketchy Brady passes. ) Gunner can be the sneaky Hogan type who can find the gaps in the coverage. Edelman continues to be the stud out there. Then Dorsett can add his experience to the mix and seems like a workable amount of talent for MCD. then we see the plays start working more often.

How does he do this.? Flip the script. Whatever his script was in Jints game it seemed inept the entire first half. 6-0 is good tho.:thumb:

Were you alive in 2015?

Pretty sure I qualified that statement with “maybe the year Scar left” which would have been about 2015. So yes I was alive in 2015, and watching football.

Back