playcalling 101 thread

If we had a healthy O line this thread would not exist.

Yup. You are probably right. But the point has been made on other posts about ways to make the job easier for those guys if possible.

But discussion about OC play calling should be on every board . There should be a strategy going on that can take into account all the in game changes and also have deeper options in the playbook to change things up if needed. IMO. :thumb:

That damned pansy, he should have taken some Tylenol and gotten his ass back out on the field.

Aspirin would have thinned his blood... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Maybe if we had a healthy o-line, Coolade wouldn't exist. :shrug:

He would find some other topic to smudge...

Aspirin would have thinned his blood... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

He would find some other topic to smudge...

How are those statin drugs doin for ya.? Watch that cholesterol.! :tmack:

Hard for me to argue with that logic, but I'm even dumber than Tim and...well...you know.

Not sure that's logical , if that's what you call it. Better to be quiet and appear dumb than say something and remove all doubt.:blink: haha

Originally Posted by*Coolade*

Maybe look a little deeper at the game , get some of that.

Yeah, Tommy. Try to keep up, will ya? This should help:

How to understand football

I just read it and learned why sometimes they put the ball on the ground and kick it, and sometimes they hold the ball in their hands then let it go and kick it.

Look at you.. all educated. But looking deeper means ... wait for it... Strategy. Wow, it's a big word and it's partially beyond the 101 level . Hey, but that's what makes it worthy of "discussion" . Another big word. Hang in there. :peace:

Once again, its so funny. Buffalo fans, are literally on twitter acting like they won the superbowl because they played the pats tough, I mean, winning losing, nah, they didn't get blown out and they are holding a parade and actually talking shit. The pats win and fans are asking whats wrong with the offense, and we are going nowhere, and the coaches suck, and the oline sucks, and everyone sucks. We used to win games like this all the time.

My internet has been down for 4 days, damn cable broke under the street. So I was watching the 2nd DVD of the pats title run in 03 and then watched the 01 dvd. Games were like 17-10, 20-14, etc etc. If the pats don't score 30 we are shaking our heads.

Wowee this is fun.. gameplanning the offense for the OC MCD should be easier this week. Lots of throwing to get Brady in rythym with those receivers. How many? Somewhere around 40. Still need to execute the running game so maybe harris gets in there to see what he can do with this oline. Makes sense IMO, cuz Michel could then come back on Thursday. Along with Watson.:huh::domORIGINAL:

:thumb: Ah yes... Use the pass to set up the run... method.

31 passes in the first half. Yikees. Get some ice on that arm. Actually might have overdid it. The guy is 42 after all.. plus the sacks. Ouchy. But the bigger issue was accomplished .. getting in rhythm. Since overall result at half was 12-7.. Thanks D..!

2nd half starts with 2 great throws off his right foot. Really accurate and showing the athleticism is strong. 2nd one was td to Bolden. Great to see Michel running and catching the ball like the rd.1 pick he is. Now we get to see if he gets a break on Thursday. Makes sense IMO. :peace:

No Watson... Due in part to cap space..? Really? Yikeees, that theory means the AB fiasco cost 9M in dead money on the cap. So bye to DThomas and now Watson.. 2 red zone targets.

Good thing Izzo and Lacosse got some throws.. another question is if gronk wants to come back how do they pay him?

No Watson... Due in part to cap space..? Really? Yikeees, that theory means the AB fiasco cost 9M in dead money on the cap. So bye to DThomas and now Watson.. 2 red zone targets.

Good thing Izzo and Lacosse got some throws.. another question is if gronk wants to come back how do they pay him?
vet minimum with a gaurentee in 2020 that he collects even if he retires again.

Back