Post-Cut Roster

Oswlek

Reaction score
At least as it is now, according to reports. Discuss.

QB(2) : Tom Brady, Ryan Mallet

RB(5): Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, Leon Washington, Lagarette Blount, Brandon Bolden

FB(1): James Develin

TE(3): Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld, Michael Hoomanawanui

WR(6): Danny Amendola, Kenbrell Thompkins, Julian Edelman, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Mathew Slater

OL(8): Ryan Wendell, Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Nate Solder, Seabastian Vollmer, Cannon, Will Svitek, Chris McDonald

DL(7) Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Joe Vellano, Rob Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Michael Buchanan, Jake Bequette

LB(7): Jerod Mayo, Donta’ Hightower, Brandon Spikes, Jamie Collins, Dane Fletcher, Steve Beauharnias, Jeff Tarpinian

Safety(6): Devin McCourty, Steve Gregory, Adrian Wilson, Tavon Wilson, Duron Harmon, Nate Ebner

CB(5): Aquib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Logan Ryan, Marquice Cole

ST(3): Danny Aiken, Stephen Gostowski, Ryan Allen

We have a ton of rookies making the team this year

I missed a lot of the preseason games.....what did Joe Vellano do to make the 53, I do not remember reading his name too often on here.

I can't believe they carried 5 RB's & a FB on the team. I guess we going to be a Running teams. Until the Rookie WR's get comfortable in the offense.

.....so he sucks....see what I did there?

I wouldn't say that. The defense (at least in the first half) wasn't the problem in that game. To be honest, he played better than I was expecting.

At least as it is now, according to reports. Discuss.

QB(2) : Tom Brady, Ryan Mallet

RB(5): Steven Ridley, Shane Vereen, Leon Washington, Lagarette Blount, Brandon Bolden

FB(1): James Develin

TE(3): Rob Gronkowski, Zach Sudfeld, Michael Hoomanawanui

WR(6): Danny Amendola, Kenbrell Thompkins, Julian Edelman, Aaron Dobson, Josh Boyce, Mathew Slater

OL(8): Ryan Wendell, Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Nate Solder, Seabastian Vollmer, Cannon, Will Svitek, Chris McDonald

DL(7) Vince Wilfork, Tommy Kelly, Joe Vellano, Rob Ninkovich, Chandler Jones, Michael Buchanan, Jake Bequette

LB(7): Jerod Mayo, Donta’ Hightower, Brandon Spikes, Jamie Collins, Dane Fletcher, Steve Beauharnias, Jeff Tarpinian

Safety(6): Devin McCourty, Steve Gregory, Adrian Wilson, Tavon Wilson, Duron Harmon, Nate Ebner

CB(5): Aquib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Logan Ryan, Marquice Cole

ST(3): Danny Aiken, Stephen Gostowski, Ryan Allen

I don't get Chris McDonald.

I find it interesting that there are 3 TE's and 6 "RB's"

On paper that's a bit of a change from recent years.

Not sure if that's a change in philosophy moving away from the 2 TE set or a reflection on the role APerp played in the offense.

He was called a TE, but I think much of his role could be taken by on of the guys in the RB/FB catagory.

I find it interesting that there are 3 TE's and 6 "RB's"

On paper that's a bit of a change from recent years.

Not sure if that's a change in philosophy moving away from the 2 TE set or a reflection on the role APerp played in the offense.

He was called a TE, but I think much of his role could be taken by on of the guys in the RB/FB catagory.

Cuts aren't quite done for the day.

And, realistically, it's only 1.5 TEs at the moment with Gronk not quite available yet and Hooman playing more of a hybrid FB/TE role.

One of those "RBs" is a FB, Develin, who's been playing kind of a parallel/complementary, hybrid-TE/FB role to Hooman during the pre-season - wrt run-blocking, primarily. With Gronk still on the mend and Fells too expensive to keep, the Develin/Hooman combo keeps some tactical options open while the situation with the "real" tight-ends sorts itself out. I don't think it's a "change in philosophy", just an adaptation to current roster circumstances that may only be necessary through the Jets game on the 12th.

Back