Question to those who think this is over...

Number Cruncher

Time to go.... NOW
Reaction score
I've heard people say things like, "wait til their teams takes one up the ass from the league....".

What makes you think the next team to get fvcked won't be the Patriots?

Has the venom from the vanquished teams subsided? Does NYJ, Baltimore, Indy, Denver all of a sudden love us now?

I get that GoodHELL is happy, but it can't be complete happiness, can it? He still has a job and the good feelings of his owners who just screwed Kraft and the Patriots, but his reputation has taken a hit. Is he the type to let bygones be bygones or will he look to hosing another team someday and think, "Heck, I KNOW folks love it when I frig New England" ?

I guess I don't see how this is over at all. Yeah, maybe Deflategate is over, but what about "You Cut Your Sleeves Too Short and Damaged Official NFL Sideline Wear Gate" ?

Why are some of you thinking we're done here?

I agree with you. As much as any rational fan and all Patriots fan hate Goodell and think this whole thing is a sham, there are still millions of other fans out there as well as owners, executives, etc that think Goodell is a hero for this. All eyes will be on the Patriots and any minor infraction will be publicly exposed with a penalty much more severe than what is actually warranted. It could be 3 or 4 years from now, but as long as the Patriots are winning they will have the target on their back.

Also you're right. I hear Pats fans warning other teams that this type of thing is going to happen to them next. Well actually, it probably wont, at least for a while. The Falcons got caught red handed pumping fake noise into their stadium, which is a form of cheating that should actually give an advantage to the defense. I think they lost a 5th round pick and it was quickly swept under the rug. Goodell probably apologized to the owner for it personally.

I've heard people say things like, "wait til their teams takes one up the ass from the league....".

Has the venom from the vanquished teams subsided? Does NYJ, Baltimore, Indy, Denver all of a sudden love us now?

I get that GoodHELL is happy, but it can't be complete happiness, can it? He still has a job and the good feelings of his owners who just screwed Kraft and the Patriots, but his reputation has taken a hit. Is he the type to let bygones be bygones or will he look to hosing another team someday and think, "Heck, I KNOW folks love it when I frig New England" ?

I guess I don't see how this is over at all. Yeah, maybe Deflategate is over, but what about "You Cut Your Sleeves Too Short and Damaged Official NFL Sideline Wear Gate" ?

Who are these people? I may have missed it, I have just assumed that the "it's over" thing refer's to Brady's war against the finding and the suspension. And why would anyone NOT expect Roger to continue ad infinitum as a world class dick?

I thought it was over months back, when the appeals courts overturned Brady's victory in court. Nothing's really changed my mind.

:shrug_n:

Now that Goodell has successfully stuffed it up TFB, Kraft, and Patriots Team asses, this sets up the start of a contiguous infraction reticulum. Goodell has now gotten away with giving the best QB in NFL history a totally unwarranted and unfair 4 game suspension. Personally, I'd rather see it happen the first 4 games of the season instead of last 4 games or into post season. We will now get a really good picture of Jimmy G's development for into the future.

I really hope that the Pats TEAM comes out of the gate this season with a vengeful demeanor and really kicks as for the entire season, starting with the first 4 games.

I've already said this...more than once.

The Pats are the villains of the NFL.

Kraft might bend over like Gumby over and over...for the greater good (his greater good, not yours).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tG25f13s2JA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CnlvIetUEAABMez.jpg

Iow, "I singled out Brady because Jerrah told me to when kensil gave me the opportunity after John Harbaugh and Grigson conspired against the Patriots."

In April, Goodell said the investigation was never about the (alleged) violation, but rather a way to validate his powers as he interpreted them in the CBA.

Through his failure to test his authority by ignoring others' admitted violations, Goodell promotes an arbitrary system of justice, punishment, and fair play, demonstrating why no commissioner should be given absolute power in investigations nor appeals.

CnlvIetUEAABMez.jpg

Iow, "I singled out Brady because Jerrah told me to when kensil gave me the opportunity after John Harbaugh and Grigson conspired against the Patriots."

Wait....what?!?!?!

Is he saying that the NFL knows that other QB's cheat but he won't discuss that because he never investigated them?

Holy. Farking. Crap.

I don't think we are done just because DG has come to a close. I think the league is going to continue to suffer as long as Goodell is commish. Other teams have also been screwed by the commish - saints, ravens, vikes, chiefs. And of course his handling of the concussion issue has been a disaster. We have zero reason to feel comfortable that the Pats won't be targeted again. It is what it is.

All of us are faced with the same question daily. How long do we want to support the NFL and give them our mindshare? I made the decision recently to get rid of my sports package thereby saying good-bye to ESPN and NFL Network. I find I don't miss either one at all and still get all my news on the Internet.

This season my plan is to only watch Pats games which was pretty much what I did last season as well and again, I did not miss it. I have also decided to watch the Pats until Brady hangs them up as I will always watch the GOAT add to his legacy. After that, I think I am out altogether.

I don't think we are done just because DG has come to a close. I think the league is going to continue to suffer as long as Goodell is commish. Other teams have also been screwed by the commish - saints, ravens, vikes, chiefs. And of course his handling of the concussion issue has been a disaster. We have zero reason to feel comfortable that the Pats won't be targeted again. It is what it is.

All of us are faced with the same question daily. How long do we want to support the NFL and give them our mindshare? I made the decision recently to get rid of my sports package thereby saying good-bye to ESPN and NFL Network. I find I don't miss either one at all and still get all my news on the Internet.

This season my plan is to only watch Pats games which was pretty much what I did last season as well and again, I did not miss it. I have also decided to watch the Pats until Brady hangs them up as I will always watch the GOAT add to his legacy. After that, I think I am out altogether.

I'm pretty sure the sentiment on Park Avenue on Friday was "Crap. Brady is no longer fighting. What can we do now to take the attention away from the CTE issue?"

I wouldn't be so sure that Roger isn't quite relieved that this is "over" -- at least in the sense of Courtroom over for the time being.

I doubt that even Jerrah Jones is popping corks and dancing with a lampshade over his head for the Widow Ford.

Those idiots got away with it this time, but I get the sense that they got close enough to the edge that they could see the bottom of the chasm and they might've lost their taste for Tomfoolery for at least a little while where the Pats are concerned.

Still to come for them is the REALITY of the Brady suspension, which in my opinion could very well be a ginormous wave of bad press for league leadership and a lot of powerful spotlights cast into areas that were once comfortably dark.

Let me leave no doubt that I think that Brady in exile will be a very powerful symbol of something very wrong with the way the league operates and not any sort of vindication of Roger's fight for integrity and truth.

Do I doubt that they would pork the Pats again? No, not really, someday perhaps, but I believe that it would have to be due to an entirely egregious and extremely obvious violation on our part or the entire football world is going to remove any lingering doubts they may have as to what is really going on in the Ivory Tower.

I think Deflategate hurt Roger more than it helped him even though he has technically "won".

For now.

I'm pretty sure the sentiment on Park Avenue on Friday was "Crap. Brady is no longer fighting. What can we do now to take the attention away from the CTE issue?"
I have never believed DG was a cover for CTE. That issue will go on for as long as there is tackling in football.

I have never believed DG was a cover for CTE. That issue will go on for as long as there is tackling in football.

You may be right but no one was focusing (is that even a word?) on it because of the attention given to Deflategate.

Now with nothing else, maybe the CTE issue gains steam.

Unless Rog has something up his sleeve.

Back