Radio Wars...Or, WEEI Is Gasping For Breath

God, imagine if Boston sports teams were actually bad?
Celtics- underachieving but still good
Bruins- injured but good
Patriots- old QB but still good
Red Sox- best MLB team in a long, long time , IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember all too well the lean years (WEEI was also riding high) when Boston was "Loserville". I did like the old WEEI Whiner Line and they had some funny stuff, but their disdain for Bruins/Hockey always pissed me off.

To be fair to the current "negative outlook"... what are they going to do, say how awesome Boston teams are all 7 days a week? I don' t like "negative" but I see Felger and Mazz as trying to counterbalance the otherwise understandably giddy feeling Boston fans have over this great stretch of success.
I meant to mention earlier that I also (usually) like Toucher and Rich as they do a bit of sports but are otherwise entertainment. Townie Jeopardy is a funny as was "Naughty Mazz". that ran it's course but was some good stuff.

On SiriusXM I like Mad Dog sports "Morning Men" for my drive in.

False. There can be and there has been outstanding sports talk radio in Boston. Sadly, it’s gone the way of the dinosaur, mammoth, and common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm all about that podcast life bro. Such a better medium for communicating ideas. I don't listen to really any football podcasts but I'm sure they're out there. Got two or three MMA podcasts I listen to though and it ruined what little appeal radio talk had for me

Kinda like once you've tasted fresh ground pepper, you can't even consider the pencil shaving like flavor of pre-ground pepper.

I remember all too well the lean years (WEEI was also riding high) when Boston was "Loserville". I did like the old WEEI Whiner Line and they had some funny stuff, but their disdain for Bruins/Hockey always pissed me off.

To be fair to the current "negative outlook"... what are they going to do, say how awesome Boston teams are all 7 days a week? I don' t like "negative" but I see Felger and Mazz as trying to counterbalance the otherwise understandably giddy feeling Boston fans have over this great stretch of success.
I meant to mention earlier that I also (usually) like Toucher and Rich as they do a bit of sports but are otherwise entertainment. Townie Jeopardy is a funny as was "Naughty Mazz". that ran it's course but was some good stuff.

On SiriusXM I like Mad Dog sports "Morning Men" for my drive in.

Game by game.

When they’re awesome preach.

When they suck call em out.

It’s not hard. The forced negative is terrible. I have to turn away. And don’t even get me started on the “gate” stances.

Out here on the Front Range, you may (or may not) be surprised at how many times I hear "anyone but the Patriots" or "I am SO sick of the Red Sox and Yankees." Both of those responses scream "grudging respect" under the hood.

If I wear a Celtics shirt in public, if a local says anything, it's usually something respectful about their long and storied history.

If my Bruins shirt prompts a response, it usually turns into a conversation about the great Raymond Bourque, whose #77 also hangs from the rafters over the ice where the Avalanche play.

Yeah, we're not spoiled. :coffee:

Just when you thought WEEI couldn’t turn into more of a shit show, producer @KenLairdWEEI goes on Pittsburgh sports radio and advances conspiracy theories about the Kraft circumventing the salary cap with TB by funneling money to him, possibly offering him a future partial ownership.

<iframe src="https://omny.fm/shows/starkey-mueller/3pm-hour-8-5/embed?style=cover" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="180"></iframe>

starts 25 min in.
WEEI deserves to be boycotted.

I haven't listened to a single second of the new morning show, but from what I've been reading, it's awful, which is sad considering how low the bar was already set.

I haven't listened to a single second of the new morning show, but from what I've been reading, it's awful, which is sad considering how low the bar was already set.

I have no idea who was talking but around 9 AM today, the topic was how disgracefully Pats Management has treated, paid, TFB. Still making Controvertuial noise wherever they (think they) can.

Cheers

Back