Radio Wars...Or, WEEI Is Gasping For Breath

And Tomase with his his snarky, elitist voice drives me nutz. A little self-deprecation would go a long at making him tolerable.

Reimer, imo, even worse. Can't stand him.

Cheers

Why would any Boston sports fan listen to Tomase, regardless of his political opinions?

I guess the conclusion to draw is that WEEI sucks, the liberals hate KKKallahan, I learned that there are liberal hosts that the conservatives hate and lost in all the noise is that the shows just plain suck.

The Sports Hub is winning by default, they don't even need to try anymore.

Ultra knee-jerk liberalism????
What shows are you listening to? The only show that talks politics is the shitbag KKKallahan and he's propaganda for the extreme right wingers.

Seriously?

Reimer(did you know he was gay). Thomasshole. Trannie. All extreme libs flaunting it early and often.

Seriously?

Reimer(did you know he was gay). Thomasshole. Trannie. All extreme libs flaunting it early and often.

Read my responses. I've never listened to one second of that show. But to call out extreme liberalism on a station that employs KKKalllahan is pretty weak.

Read my responses. I've never listened to one second of that show. But to call out extreme liberalism on a station that employs KKKalllahan is pretty weak.

Just curious. If you've never listened to the show how do you know what Callahan stands for?

Just curious. If you've never listened to the show how do you know what Callahan stands for?

I never said I had not listened to the show. I listened to it for a long time when there was no competition. As time went on, he couldn't hide his racism and homophobia, the show became more consumed with politics and I eventually stopped listening some years ago. Before 98.5 came along, I stooped low enough to listen to ESPN radio.

the Lib duo, when on, balance out Callahan in the AM drive time.

But both get political during their time on weekends and evenings, or as much as they can when alone late night (Reimer)

They will never go politic free but they could cut back on a lot of it.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

I never said I had not listened to the show. I listened to it for a long time when there was no competition. As time went on, he couldn't hide his racism and homophobia, the show became more consumed with politics and I eventually stopped listening some years ago. Before 98.5 came along, I stooped low enough to listen to ESPN radio.
we almost had an intervention for that but Sports hub appeared so I cancelled Dr. Phil..

the Lib duo, when on, balance out Callahan in the AM drive time.

But both get political during their time on weekends and evenings, or as much as they can when alone late night (Reimer)

They will never go politic free but they could cut back on a lot of it.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

we almost had an intervention for that but Sports hub appeared so I cancelled Dr. Phil..

I can't even tell you when Tomase and others are on. :shrug:
For me, ANY political talk on a sports show causes me to stop listening. I even avoid the political forum here.

Intervention? Yeah, I was in self-loathing mode back then. SportsHub was good for a time, then they started to get insufferable.

I can't even tell you when Tomase and others are on. :shrug:
For me, ANY political talk on a sports show causes me to stop listening. I even avoid the political forum here.

Intervention? Yeah, I was in self-loathing mode back then. SportsHub was good for a time, then they started to get insufferable.
I couldn't either, I know they fill in once or twice a week in the AM but no Idea of a schedule.

I wish all politics could be gone but drive time, especially am drive, seems to run on it as part of the filler. It is when the filler becomes the main topic I am blank staring and not listening.

I just couldn't do ESPN radio, I actually do more spotify listening these days.

Odd, because Callahan has the flamboyantly gay Reimer on constantly. Talk always delves into his bathhouse excursions and other escapades. Not the best forum while trying to catch up on sports news or scores with an 11-12 yr old riding shotgun.

My chuckle is this gasping for breath is over 5 years old now and it appears EEI took over the ratings and are doing well.

They held their own for a few years, but they are tanking right now. Their numbers fell by over 40%. The SportsHub will crow about it, but their numbers are also down.

People are just tired of the negativity.

My chuckle is this gasping for breath is over 5 years old now and it appears EEI took over the ratings and are doing well.

Just life is a flat circle. Weei is stupidly and intentionally sneering at it's audience. It's pissing people off and it's showing in the ratings

Just life is a flat circle. Weei is stupidly and intentionally sneering at it's audience. It's pissing people off and it's showing in the ratings

Yeah not all fans like to hear their own media bashing its sports teams 24 hours a day especially when their sports teams have had an amazing run the last two decades. I have lived in several parts of the country and do not see this anywhere else, even with bad teams. They embrace their stars and they rally for their team in the media. They do not bring on their stars to try and make fools of them.

God, imagine if Boston sports teams were actually bad?
Celtics- underachieving but still good
Bruins- injured but good
Patriots- old QB but still good
Red Sox- best MLB team in a long, long time , IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back