Random Football News: 2023

Rodney Harrison, the first player with 30 INTs and 30 Sacks...as a safety, isn't in the Hall of Fame.

Of course, Bill Cowher and Terrell Davis are in the hall of fame, but Corey Dillon and Mike Shanahan aren't. Davis isn't in the Hall if Cowher were his coach, I promise you.

View: https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/1683486942468493320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1683486942468493320%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

(Yes I quoted my own post, sure me)

i so 💓 that story,thank you for posting.
i am half convinced rodney joined the media because he knows those assholes are who he has to relate to in order to get into the h.o.m.f. otoh,i would expect him to say that at some point because he has no b.s. in him. so maybe not.

This isn't football news. but Patrice Bergeron announced he is retiring from the Bruins. I loved him as a player. He had more class than just about anybody, and he was a fine, award-winning player.

Patrice Bergeron announces retirement (Weei)​

I know if you click on the above link, it doesn't go to the story, but if you go to Weei.com, you can read the article. It includes Patrice's retirement announcement, and it is beautiful.

Last edited:
This isn't football news. but Patrice Bergeron announced he is retiring from the Bruins. I loved him as a player. He had more class than just about anybody, and he was a fine, award-winning player.

Patrice Bergeron announces retirement (Weei)​

I know if you click on the above link, it doesn't go to the story, but if you go to Weei.com, you can read the article. It includes Patrice's retirement announcement, and it is beautiful.
I think there is a Bruins thread for this. But thanks.

The Odell piece is heartwarming and makes me even more grateful he’s not a Patriot. Good for him for getting 15 million.

The giants played the saquon negotiations very well. They can run him into the ground and let him sign with a bottom feeder next offseason.

I like Herbert quite a bit. He had a tough last year, but damn he’s good. I’m expecting a full rebound.
The chargers could easily take that division this year.

That's a fuckton of money for someone who hasn't won shit.

He's another ESPN darling though, and that plays into some of these front offices when making their decisions.
He's no Joe Burrow. Burrow has won s**t as well but even so, there is a huge gulf between them imho.

That's a fuckton of money for someone who hasn't won shit.

He's another ESPN darling though, and that plays into some of these front offices when making their decisions.
It is. But he has the potential to win with his talents so ... it's like we were saying on the other thread, these ballooning QB salaries are gong to cripple other players from getting paid.

I fully expect Mahomes contract to approach $60 mil/year. Should be announced any day.

Back