Random Football News

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here is Schefter with details:

Holy cow redskins. They are always in some cap peril. They spend like I do, everything is instant gratification, they have no ability to see the future at all, its all right now.

$8M if Light retires

If they reclaim the proration of his signing bonus. I'm not convinced the Patriots would do that.

+ $3-4M if Ocho restructures

No more than $2M. His current base salary is $3M and the minimum salary close to $1M.

Still, the Patriots are in a very good position and I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Does he fit the jets defense? I mean he would have to go to OLB wouldnt he?

I'm sure they would move him around, both standing up & hand in the dirt.

Now if that would work I couldn't tell you. I mean he has spent his entire career in a 3 point stance pinning his ears back & rushing the paseer. I think he is kind of old to start experimenting with. :shrug:

I'm sure they would move him around, both standing up & hand in the dirt.

Now if that would work I couldn't tell you. I mean he has spent his entire career in a 3 point stance pinning his ears back & rushing the paseer. I think he is kind of old to start experimenting with. :shrug:

Yeah, that just seems odd. If they throw him on the line on the jets, he might get ran over.

Isn't Freeney's salary ridiculously high in 2012? If so than I'm all for the Rats trading for him. That would really leave them hamstrung in terms of cap space.
Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't Freeney's salary ridiculously high in 2012? If so than I'm all for the Rats trading for him. That would really leave them hamstrung in terms of cap space.
Posted via Mobile Device
"Tanny's a cap genius and Freeney will be so excited to play for Rex that he'll restructure for a cap hit of $19.95"

duh

Posted via Mobile Device

$14M base salary. The Jets had $7.1M in cap space prior to the Pouha-deal and the little gift from Dallas/Washington they got today.

Edit: Not sure if the Sanchez-restructure was included in that number.

Ok, I like that. So now we're at about $18M + $8M if Light retires + $3-4M if Ocho restructures = about $30M
:thumb:

Plus another couple of million if Welker can be signed to a long term deal, plus some small change savings from minor cuts and restructurings. So yes, upwards of $30M is quite reasonable. The rookie pool will take up about $5M, leaving about $25M for internal and external FA signings.

If they reclaim the proration of his signing bonus. I'm not convinced the Patriots would do that.

Maybe not Kraft, but if it's up to BB, the money is coming back to give more cap relief.

Now maybe they could offer him some no show job next season to get the money back to him.

;)

Schefter says the Raiders intend to release TE Kevin Boss. They signed him last summer for 4yrs/16M with $6M guaranteed.

Maybe he'd take $2M/...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back