Random Football News

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Thought I would start a similar thread up here to the Random Football Crap thread that has gone by the wayside in the other forum. This is just a bucket for trivial and not particularly newsworthy and/or maybe some actually important football stuff.

Here goes some useless football trivia:

Ex-NFL quarterback Mike Tomczak arrested in domestic dispute
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 26, 2010 5:40 PM ET

Former NFL quarterback Mike Tomczak was arrested today and charged with two counts of simple assault, police told WPXI in Pittsburgh.

The station quotes Bell Acres, Pennsylvania, Police Chief Brian Brown saying, "Mike lunged at his wife, grabbed her and stepped on her foot."

Tomczak was arraigned and released on his own recognizance.

Tomczak played for the Bears from 1985 to 1990, for the Browns in 1991, for the Packers in 1992 and for the Steelers from 1993 to 1999.

Belichick takes high road on A.D.
April, 26, 2010 Apr 265:43PM By Mike Reiss

Bill Belichick was asked about the Patriots’ decision to release linebacker Adalius Thomas today during a radio interview on WEEI's "Big Show", and he took the high road with his answer.

“After the draft, we talked about the personnel and looked at our roster and so forth, and made the decision to move on with the players that we have,” Belichick told host Glenn Ordway. “I think he was a good football player. He came in and had a heck of a year for us in ’07. Again, at this point of time, we just felt like that was the direction we were going to go in.”

In other words, "We couldn't even get a 7th rd pick for your lazy ass. Don't let the door hit you on your way out."

I'm not sure what lunged at his wife is. Is the report that he quickly grabbed her and stepped on her foot in the process or is this a symptom of a deeper issue?

It could be bad or it could be about as bad as something I did about 10 years ago.

My wife and I got into a fight and she was storming up the stairs. I was pissed and had a CD in my hand and threw it to smash it because I was that mad but as it left my hand, it went out at an unexpected angle and hit her in the head as she was stomping up the stairs. It was completely and accident but to this day, she doesn't believe it was. ROFL

I remember it coming out of my hand and like slow motion, my mind going "ohhhhh nnnnoooo", it went right for her. It was like when a pitcher throws a ball and it goes off the side of his hand and nowhere near the plate except it went right at her head....

I'm not sure what this guy's problem is but I guess it was enough to call the cops.

I just thought I'd share what my wife considers my domestic violence incident. ROFL

I'm not sure what lunged at his wife is. Is the report that he quickly grabbed her and stepped on her foot in the process or is this a symptom of a deeper issue?

Wifebeater. :D

My guess is that since it was a double count of simple assault, the act of lunging is one count and stepping on her foot was the other account, thus making it "simple."

I would imagine if he lunged at her with a hatchet in his hand, it probably would have been attempted homicide or assault with a deadly weapon.

Which wouldn't have been simple assault. >)

Thought I would start a similar thread up here to the Random Football Crap thread that has gone by the wayside in the other forum. This is just a bucket for trivial and not particularly newsworthy and/or maybe some actually important football stuff.

Here goes some useless football trivia:

Great. Another woman-abusing Steeler QB.

:rolleyes: :D

/TroublemakerMode

Breaking News!!!! Breaking News!!!!

ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirms that the Jets are "discussing" signing free agent Adalius Thomas.

Didn't that happen about three months ago?

It could be bad or it could be about as bad as something I did about 10 years ago.

My wife and I got into a fight and she was storming up the stairs. I was pissed and had a CD in my hand and threw it to smash it because I was that mad but as it left my hand, it went out at an unexpected angle and hit her in the head as she was stomping up the stairs. It was completely and accident but to this day, she doesn't believe it was. ROFL

I remember it coming out of my hand and like slow motion, my mind going "ohhhhh nnnnoooo", it went right for her. It was like when a pitcher throws a ball and it goes off the side of his hand and nowhere near the plate except it went right at her head....

I'm not sure what this guy's problem is but I guess it was enough to call the cops.

I just thought I'd share what my wife considers my domestic violence incident. ROFL

You ruined a cd over that? :coffee:

CRAZY...

I got a question on the football forum, who do I bug about it?

JasonLaCanfora Un-drafted TE Scott Sicko agrees to terms w/Dallas. Had been considering retirement.

I thought this guy whined about not getting drafted and was going to hang up his cleats and move on with life in the real world. I guess attention and money talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back