Random Football News

The Saints are releasing Emmanuel Sanders.
33 years old. They absorbed a $4M dead cap to release him. That tells you something. He was good last year but not like he was with the Broncos 2014-2016.

33 years old. They absorbed a $4M dead cap to release him. That tells you something. He was good last year but not like he was with the Broncos 2014-2016.
BUT!! Would he be better than what the Patriots currently have? :ROFLMAO:

I hope Pats target a younger player like Samuels or Corey Davis... or if they want a proven receiver try for Kenny Golladay.

I hope Pats target a younger player like Samuels or Corey Davis... or if they want a proven receiver try for Kenny Golladay.
Add John Brown to the mix - the Bills released him somewhat unexpectedly.
When healthy John Brown is faster than Golladay so he gets more separation on similar routes that Golladay runs.
The difference is that Brown can run GO and deep post routes effectively as well as all the intermediate crossers, outs and digs that Golladay runs. Both players have had health issues.
Golladay gets contested catches; Brown creates separation with speed. I'll take the speed & separation over no separation and contested catches every time.
Thus far I'd like John Brown and Curtis Samuel added to the Pats. But be patient...more receivers are coming available.

Jerry is banking on the cap soaring after the new TV deal for the next 3-4 years. :coffee:

In fact, most GMs are banking on that and it should happen.

Let me explain a little more.

Jerry is heading the TV contract talks and his goal is to have those contracts finalized by March 17. He has inside information on what's going on behind the scenes.
It's been 10 years since the last TV contracts were signed. 17 games, expanded playoffs...This contract is going to be eye-popping.
The NFL is looking for a minimum of a 100% increase in TV revenue from the networks in this next contract being hammered out now and close to being finalized.
They want a minimum of 10 yrs/$100Billion. In addition, the NFL may sign contracts with streaming services this year for the first time.
$10Billion/ spread among 32 teams ($312M/team).
It may turn out to be even more than that.

Jerry is a very smart businessman. He'd never have signed Dak to that big deal if he didn't know the cap would be exploding for 2022 and beyond. Bank on that.
Also bank on the cap exploding once the new TV contracts are announced.

For 2020 the FT for Dak was the safest and cheapest play with the TV contract unsettled and talk of no fans in stadiums bc of COVID. Jerry also wanted a shorter term deal for the same reasons. Jerry knew he'd be able to Tag Dak for 3 straight years so he wasn't in a hurry to sign him last year. Why this year? Because Jerry knows Dak would cost a whole lot more next year when the TV contracts are finally announced and the cap explodes next year - players will ask for and get even more.

Now you know.

And soon, when the TV contract is announced, every player will know the cap will soar in 2022 which means we're going to see a lot of 1 year deals signed for 2021.

Last edited:
Let me explain a little more.

Jerry is heading the TV contract talks and his goal is to have those contracts finalized by March 17. He has inside information on what's going on behind the scenes.
It's been 10 years since the last TV contracts were signed. 17 games, expanded playoffs...This contract is going to eye-popping.
The NFL is looking for a minimum of a 100% increase in TV revenue from the networks in this next contract being hammered out now and close to being finalized.
They want a minimum of 10 yrs/$100Billion. In addition, the NFL may sign contracts with streaming services this year for the first time.
$10Billion/ spread among 32 teams ($312M/team).
It may turn out to be even more than that.

Jerry is a very smart businessman. He'd never have signed Dak to that big deal if he didn't know the cap would be exploding for 2022 and beyond. Bank on that.
Also bank on the cap exploding once the new TV contracts are announced.

For 2020 the FT for Dak was the safest and cheapest play with the TV contract unsettled and talk of no fans in stadiums bc of COVID. Jerry also wanted a shorter term deal for the same reasons. Jerry knew he'd be able to Tag Dak for 3 straight years so he wasn't in a hurry to sign him last year. Why this year? Because Jerry knows Dak would cost a whole lot more next year when the TV contracts are finally announced and the cap explodes next year - players will ask for and get even more.

Now you know.

And soon, when the TV contract is announced, every player will know the cap will soar in 2022 which means we're going to see a lot of 1 year deals signed for 2021.

He owns a yuge natural gas company. When Tejas froze, Jerry was in the glory hole room for weeks. :coffee:

Chiefs are releasing both starting OTs.

Adam Schefter

Saints are releasing veteran CB Janoris Jenkins, per source. The move will save the Saints $7 more million against their salary cap.

Great post chevss, very interesting(as always!)

Thanks, HS. I'm here to serve.
Btw, Jerry happily hinted today that the contracts are done and that the NFL is great shape despite COVID. We'll know the amount soon.

Chiefs are releasing both starting OTs.

Good! Make em convert some of the roster bonuses into signing bonuses and spend it on a position they didn't think would be necessary until the last few weeks.
Fisher and Schwartz were 2 of the better tackles in the league. They'll be hard to replace with equal talent...and expensive.
Fisher leaves the Chiefs with a $3M dead cap and Schwartz gives them a $3.75M dead cap. I like it.

Back